Have you ever looked up at a tall building and wondered how it was designed? Or gazed at a beautiful home and begun daydreaming about what your perfect house would look like? If you have, then you may have considered becoming an architect. But what does being an architect entail? Let’s take a closer look.
Architects are responsible for the design of structures like buildings and homes. They create the initial drawings and plans, taking into consideration the needs of the client, the restrictions of the site, and various other factors. Once the plans are completed, they oversee the construction process to ensure that the finished product meets their original vision.
Responsibilities & Duties Of a Architect
An architect’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Meeting with clients to discuss their needs and wants
- Creating sketches and models
- Preparing detailed reports and presentations
- Coordinating with other professionals such as engineers and construction managers
- Inspecting work sites
- Writing contract proposals
- Ensuring that projects meet legal requirements
- Keeping up to date with advances in technology
- Staying abreast of changes in building codes
- Managing budgets and schedules
Requirements & Salary Of a Architect
- To become an architect, one must obtain a professional degree in architecture, which typically takes five years to complete.
- In some cases, aspiring architects may be able to complete a three-year program followed by a two-year internship.
- Once they have obtained their degree, architects must complete a licensure exam in order to practice legally.
Salary of a Architect
- In terms of salary, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for architects was $79,380 in 2018.
- The lowest 10 percent earned an annual wage of $48,620 or less while the highest 10 percent earned an annual wage of $119,610 or more.
Architect Job Description
We are a market leading organization that provides software to the engineering and construction industry. We are looking for an Architect Job Description to join our team.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical expertise and guidance on the company’s products to customers, partners, and other teams within the organization.
- They will also be involved in product development from conception to release, and will contribute to the definition of product roadmap and features.
- Other duties include conducting customer presentations and demonstrations, as well as developing sales collateral such as solution briefs and whitepapers.
The Successful Applicant:
- Must have a degree in architecture or a related field
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in an architectural role is required
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Highly competitive salary
- Generous annual bonus scheme
- Company car or allowance
- Private healthcare
- Pension contribution
Solution architect job description
We are looking for a Solutions Architect to provide technical leadership on a wide variety of projects from enterprise application integration, to big data, to cloud-based solutions and more.
The Solutions Architect will be responsible for working with clients and team members to understand business requirements and design technical solutions that meet or exceed those requirements. This role requires excellent communication skills as well as the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Understand business requirements and design technical solutions that meet or exceed those requirements
- Work with clients and team members to assess current architecture and identify areas for improvement
- Develop high-level designs for new systems, applications, and networks as well as detailed designs for specific components of those systems
- Manage the implementation of new solutions ensuring that they are properly installed, configured, tested, and documented
- Assist in the development of project plans including timelines, milestones, and resource allocation estimates
- Serve as a subject matter expert during the software development life cycle providing direction and guidance to developers on architectural issues as needed
- Participate in code reviews ensuring that code meets standards for quality and reusability
- Provide support during testing phases including performance testing, system testing, user acceptance testing, etc.
The Successful Applicant:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- 7+ years experience in an architect role; 10+ years total IT experience required
- Experience working in a consulting environment preferred
- Strong understanding of common architecture frameworks such as Zachman Framework, TOGAF ,etc. –
Enterprise architect job description
We are a leading financial services organization with a global reach. We are looking for an Enterprise Architect to join our team and help shape the future of the company. The role will be based in London or New York.
- The Enterprise Architect will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of enterprise-wide solutions.
- He/she will work closely with business and IT stakeholders to understand requirements and create high-level designs that meet business objectives.
- The Enterprise Architect will also be responsible for ensuring that all solutions are aligned with the company’s architecture standards and roadmap.
- In addition, he/she will provide thought leadership on emerging technologies and trends, and contribute to the development of the company’s long-term architecture strategy.
The Successful Applicant:
- Must have at least 10 years of experience in an architectural role, preferably in a financial services organization
- Must have experience leading the design and implementation of enterprise-wide solutions
- Must have strong stakeholder management skills and be able to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Must be proficient in TOGAF or another enterprise architecture framework
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field; master’s degree preferred
- This is a full time permanent opportunity offering a competitive salary + bonus + benefits package.
Data architect job description
We are a data-driven organization that utilizes cutting-edge technology to help our clients make informed decisions. We are looking for a Data Architect to join our team and help us continue to grow.
- Design, implement, and maintain the data architecture for the company’s products
- Work with product managers and engineers to design new features and products
- Optimize existing data architectures for performance and scalability
- Develop ETL processes to load data into the data warehouse
- Write SQL queries to support various business needs
- Help troubleshoot issues with data quality or incorrect results
- Stay up-to-date on latest industry trends and best practices in data architecture
The Successful Applicant:
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Architect or similar role
- Strong knowledge of SQL and relational databases (e.g., MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with big data technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark) is a plus
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- This is a full time, permanent position that offers a competitive salary, bonus potential, 401k match, health insurance coverage, and more!
In conclusion, the role of an architect is vital in the construction industry. They are responsible for designing and planning the overall look and function of buildings and structures, ensuring that they are safe, functional, and meet the needs of the client. Architects must also have a thorough understanding of building codes and regulations, as well as the ability to work with a team of engineers, contractors, and other professionals to bring their designs to life.
If you’re interested in learning more about the responsibilities and qualifications of an architect, be sure to visit our website for more detailed job descriptions. We would also love to hear your thoughts and comments on this post, so please leave your feedback below. Thank you for reading!