Do you have an eye for detail and a passion for design? If so, Architectural Draftsman Job Description a career as an architectural draftsman may be the perfect fit for you. In this role, you will use your knowledge of blueprint reading, mathematics, and construction principles to prepare detailed plans and drawings for residential, commercial, and industrial buildings.
Read on to learn more about what architectural draftsmen do, the education and training requirements for this career, and the job outlook and salary information. But before we get into all of that, let’s start with the basics. What exactly is an architectural draftsman?
Duties & Responsibilities Of a Architectural Draftsman:
- An architectural draftsman is someone who prepares detailed drawings of buildings and other structures according to the specifications provided by architects.
- These drawings are used by contractors during the construction process.
- Architects rely on architectural draftsmen to create accurate and precise drawings, as even a small error can throw off the entire construction project.
- The duty of an architectural draftsman is not only to prepare drawings but also to revise them whenever necessary.
- They also typically responsible for maintaining records of all changes made to the plans.
- In some cases, they may even be responsible for estimating material and construction costs.
Education and Training Requirements
- To become an architectural draftsman, you will need at least a high school diploma or equivalent.
- However, many employers prefer candidates who have completed postsecondary education in drafting or a related field.
- There are both associate’s degree and certificate programs available at many community colleges and technical schools across the country.
- In order to be successful in this career, it is important to have strong computer skills as most of the work is now done using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- It is also important to be able to read and understand blueprints as well as have a strong foundation in mathematics.
Job Outlook and Salary Information
- The job outlook for architectural draftsmen is positive, with the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) predicting a 4% growth in employment from 2018-2028.
- The median annual salary for this occupation was $52,830 as of May 2018.
- Salary will vary depending on experience level, geographical location, and industry sector.
Architectural Draftsman Job Description
[Company Name] is an award-winning architectural firm that has been in business for over 25 years. As we have a strong reputation in the industry and are known for their innovative designs. We are currently working on a number of high-profile projects and are looking to add an Architectural Draftsman to our team.
- Prepare detailed drawings of architectural designs and plans using computer-aided design (CAD) software
- Coordinate with engineers, surveyors, and other professionals as needed to ensure accuracy of drawings
- Revise drawings as per client or supervisor requests/instructions
- Perform site visits as necessary to collect data or take measurements
The Successful Applicant:
- Must have at least 2 years of experience as an Architectural Draftsman or similar role
- Must be proficient in using CAD software such as AutoCAD, Revit, etc.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Good communication skills and ability to work well in a team environment Offer Details: –
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage –
- 401k plan with company match
Architectural draftsperson job description
[Company Name] is a well-established and reputable architecture firm who has been in business for over 50 years. They are located in the heart of downtown and have a strong presence in the community. We are known for their high-end residential and commercial projects.
- Prepare drawings and specifications according to the requirements of the project
- Coordinate with other members of the design team
- Understand building codes and regulations
- Ensure that all drawings are accurate and meet quality standards
- Assist with onsite visits when necessary
- Revise drawings as required by changes in the project scope or schedule
The Successful Applicant:
- Diploma or degree in Architecture, Drafting Technology, or related field
- 3+ years of experience working as an architectural draftsperson
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, or similar software
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills –
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team –
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive salary based on experience –
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401k matching –
- Generous PTO policy
Job description for architectural draftsman
[Company Name] is a great opportunity to join a market leader in the design and manufacture of bespoke architectural products. We are a well-established, family run business who have been trading for over 50 years. We work with some of the biggest names in the construction industry on prestigious projects all over the world.
As an Architectural Draughtsman, you will be working within the design team to produce detailed drawings and specifications for bespoke architectural metalwork products, using AutoCAD. You will liaise closely with clients, architects and engineers to ensure that designs meet their requirements, whilst also adhering to building regulations. In addition to this, you will also be responsible for providing technical support and advice when required.
The Successful Applicant:
- Must have experience of using AutoCAD (or similar) to produce detailed drawings
- Must have experience of working within the architectural or engineering sector (or similar)
- Must be able to effectively communicate with clients, architects and engineers alike
- Must possess excellent attention to detail
- A full driving license would be beneficial but is not essential
- Salary DOE
Architectural draftsman duties and responsibilities
[Company Name] is a world-renowned, award-winning architectural firm with a long history of designing some of the most iconic buildings in the world. We are currently working on a number of high-profile projects and are looking for an experienced Architectural Drafter to join our team.
- Responsible for producing detailed drawings and specifications for construction projects
- Work closely with architects, engineers, and other designers to ensure that the project meets all requirements
- Coordinate with clients, contractors, and other stakeholders to ensure that the project is completed on time and within budget
- Perform site visits as needed to gather information or resolve issues
The Successful Applicant:
- At least 5 years of experience in architectural drafting or a related field
- Strong technical skills and experience using AutoCAD or Revit
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Competitive salary
- Generous benefits package
- Opportunities for career growth and advancement
In conclusion, the role of an architectural draftsman is a crucial part of the architecture and construction industry. The job requires a unique combination of technical skills, creativity, and attention to detail. The draftsman is responsible for creating detailed technical drawings and designs that help bring the vision of the architect to life.
If you are interested in pursuing a career as an architectural draftsman or want to learn more about the role, we encourage you to leave a comment below and visit our website for more job descriptions. By exploring the different opportunities in this field, you can determine if it is the right fit for you and your career goals.