Have you ever wondered what an aromatherapist does in their daily life? Aromatherapy is a practice that uses natural essential oils and other aromatic compounds to enhance people’s overall wellbeing. It is a holistic approach to healing the mind, body, and spirit. This blog post will provide an overview of an aromatherapist job description, responsibilities, duties, salary & requirements so that you have a better understanding of this profession before booking your next appointment with one.
Responsibilities & Duties of an Aromatherapist
The main responsibility of an aromatherapist is to provide treatments using essential oils and other aromatic compounds to help enhance their clients’ physical and mental wellbeing. An aromatherapist may also provide consultations to discuss their clients’ medical history and lifestyle before deciding on the best course of action for their treatment. They should also be able to advise their clients on the safest use of essential oils at home for the most beneficial results.
An aromatherapist should also be knowledgeable about the different types of essential oils available, how they work together, and how they can help treat certain ailments or conditions. In addition, they must understand how to blend different essential oils together safely so as not to cause any harm or discomfort to their clients. Finally, it is important for them to stay up-to-date with new findings in the field in order to ensure they are providing treatments that are safe and effective for their clients.
Salary & Requirements
The salary range for an aromatherapist varies depending on experience level, location, specialty areas and other factors. Most entry-level positions start at around $30,000 per year while experienced professionals make over $60,000 annually.
To become certified as a professional aromatherapist requires completing a formal training program or apprenticeship which usually takes around six months or more depending on the program. These programs cover topics such as anatomy and physiology, blending techniques, safety protocols etc., which must be mastered before taking the certification exam.
Aromatherapist Job Description
We are a well-known spa in the heart of downtown that has been providing high quality services for over 10 years. We are looking for an experienced and certified Aromatherapist to join their team on a full-time basis.
As an Aromatherapist at our client’s spa, you will be responsible for providing professional and relaxing treatments to clients using essential oils. You will consult with clients to assess their needs and recommend appropriate treatments. You will also maintain cleanliness in the treatment room and ensure that all safety standards are met. Other duties will include stocking supplies and updating client records.
The Successful Applicant:
- Must be a certified Aromatherapist
- 2+ years of experience working as an Aromatherapist
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings
- Must be 18 years or older
Competitive salary + commission structure 401k employer match Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc. PTO + paid holidays Employee discounts on products/services
Aromatherapist Job duties
We are a well-known spa in the heart of downtown that has been in business for over 10 years. We are looking for an experienced and licensed Aromatherapist to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will be passionate about essential oils and helping others achieve relaxation through massage therapy.
As an Aromatherapist at our client’s spa, you will be responsible for providing high-quality massage services to clients. This will include assessing each client’s needs, recommending appropriate essential oil blends, and providing customized massages that promote relaxation and wellness. In addition to massage services, you will also be responsible for maintaining cleanliness in the treatment room and stocking supplies as needed. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
The Successful Applicant:
- Must be a licensed Aromatherapist in the state of XYZ
- 2+ years of experience working as an Aromatherapist or Massage Therapist
- Strong knowledge of essential oils and their benefits
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build rapport with clients
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- punctual and reliable
- Full-time position with competitive salary and benefits package including health insurance, 401k, etc.
Aromatherapist Job Description sample
We are a well-known and respected name in the health and beauty industry. Dedicated to providing high quality products and services to their clients, and looking for an experienced Aromatherapist to join their team.
- As an Aromatherapist with our client, you will be responsible for providing professional and expert advice on the use of essential oils and other aromatherapy products.
- You will consult with clients to determine their specific needs and goals, and then create custom blends of essential oils that will address those needs.
- You will also provide instructions on how to properly use the blends, as well as guidance on which products would be most beneficial for each individual client.
- In addition to consulting with clients, you will also be responsible for maintaining accurate records of all consultations, sales, and product recommendations.
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience working as an Aromatherapist, or in a related field such as herbalism or natural health care.
- We are looking for someone who is passionate about essential oils and helping others to improve their health and wellbeing. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
The Successful Applicant:
- Previous experience working as an Aromatherapist or in a related field such as herbalism or natural health care
- Passionate about essential oils and helping others improve their health and wellbeing
- Excellent communication skills both verbal & written Offer Details: Competitive salary + commission structure
Aromatherapist Job Description template
We are a well-known and respected provider of health and wellness services. They are dedicated to helping people achieve optimum health and well-being and have a team of highly skilled professionals who deliver high-quality care.
The Aromatherapist will be responsible for providing holistic aromatherapy treatments to clients, in line with our client’s ethos and values. They will consult with clients to assess their needs, and plan and carry out bespoke treatments. The Aromatherapist will also be responsible for maintaining accurate client records, ordering supplies as needed, and ensuring that the treatment room is clean and tidy at all times. In addition, they will be required to attend regular team meetings, training sessions, and events.
The Successful Applicant:
- Qualified to Level 3 or above in Aromatherapy (or equivalent)
- Previous experience working as an Aromatherapist, ideally within a spa or salon environment
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Well presented with a professional manner
- Friendly and personable nature
- Salary up to £28000 per annum DOE + commission/bonus scheme + excellent benefits
Aromatherapists play an important role in helping people achieve physical and mental balance through natural healing methods such as massage therapy using essential oils and other aromatic compounds. This blog provided insight into what goes into becoming an aromatherapist – from required training courses & certifications all the way down to salaries & responsibilities.
So if you are considering pursuing this career path there is now more information available than ever before! Whether you’re looking for a career change or just want to learn more about what it takes to become an aromatherapist you now have everything you need!