The Assistant General Manager is responsible for a wide variety of tasks. They are in charge of assisting the General Manager with the day-to-day operations of the store. This position requires excellent customer service skills as the Assistant General Manager is responsible for handling customer complaints and ensuring that the store runs smoothly. They are also responsible for training and managing store employees. The Assistant General Manager position is perfect for those who are looking to move up the management ladder. Read to know about Assistant General Manager Job Description.
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for assisting the General Manager with the day-to-day operations of the store. This includes opening and closing the store, supervising employees, handling customer complaints, and maintaining the store inventory. The Assistant General Manager is also responsible for training new employees and ensuring that all employees adhere to company policies and procedures.
The Assistant General Manager position is perfect for those who are looking to move up in their career. As an Assistant General Manager, you will be responsible for assisting the General Manager with all aspects of store operations. In addition to this, you will also be responsible for training and managing store employees. Excellent customer service skills are a must as you will be handling customer complaints on a daily basis. If you are looking for a challenging position with room for growth, then this is the job for you!
To be considered for the position of Assistant General Manager, you must have at least 2 years of management experience. In addition to this, you must also have excellent customer service skills and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
The average salary for an Assistant General Manager is $45,000 per year. However, salaries will vary depending on experience and location.
Assistant General Manager Job Description
We are a Michelin-starred chef with several acclaimed restaurants across the globe. We are currently seeking an Assistant General Manager for their flagship restaurant in New York City. This is an amazing opportunity to work with one of the world’s most talented chefs and learn from some of the best in the business.
The Assistant General Manager will be responsible for assisting the General Manager in all aspects of running the front of house operations at our flagship restaurant. This includes but is not limited to:
- Training and development of front of house staff
- Managing guest relations
- Ensuring that all service standards are met or exceeded
- Assisting with menu development
- Coordinating special events
- Handling customer complaints or concerns in a professional and timely manner
- The ideal candidate will have prior experience working in a high-end restaurant, excellent people skills, and a passion for hospitality.
- They must also be able to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously. If you are a motivated self-starter with a positive attitude, we want to hear from you!
The Successful Applicant:
- Prior experience working in a high end restaurant required
- Excellent people skills required
- Passion for hospitality required
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the world’s most talented chefs at his flagship restaurant in New York City. The successful applicant will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities for career growth within this expanding company.
Hotel Assistant General Manager Job Description
We are a luxury hotel in the heart of London. We are currently recruiting for an Assistant General Manager to join our team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced hospitality professional to take the next step in their career and work for one of the most prestigious hotels in the world.
- Assist the General Manager in running all aspects of the hotel including front office, food and beverage, housekeeping, engineering and security
- Ensure that all departments are run efficiently and effectively and that high standards are maintained at all times
- Liaise with clients, guests and VIPs to ensure that their needs are met and that they have a positive experience at the hotel
- Handle customer complaints and feedback in a professional and efficient manner
- Maximise revenue opportunities by upselling services and products to guests
- Monitor financial performance closely and take corrective action where necessary
- Recruit, train and develop staff members ensuring that they have the skills and knowledge required to do their jobs effectively
- Health & Safety – ensure that all health & safety regulations are adhered to at all times
The Successful Applicant:
- Proven track record working as an Assistant General Manager or similar role within a luxury hotel environment
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to motivate and inspire others
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English
- Good understanding of financial reports/statements
Competitive salary + benefits
Restaurant Assistant General Manager Job Description
Our Company is a renowned hospitality company that operates several restaurants across the country. We are currently seeking an experienced Assistant General Manager to join our team at one of our newest restaurant locations. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced environment and be able to provide strong leadership and support to the restaurant’s staff.
- Assist the General Manager with overseeing all aspects of the restaurant’s operations, including but not limited to, guest relations, food quality, safety & sanitation standards, and financial management
- Lead by example and contribute to creating a positive work environment for all employees
- Train, coach, and develop staff members in order to ensure they are providing excellent customer service at all times
- Effectively communicate with other members of management in order to resolve any issues that may arise
- Develop creative marketing initiatives in order to increase sales and profitability
- Monitor inventory levels and place orders for supplies as needed
- Ensure that all safety & sanitation standards are being met at all times
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working as an Assistant General Manager or similar role in a high volume restaurant is required
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and inspire others
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
Offer Details: Competitive salary + benefits
Personal Assistant to General Manager Job Description
We are a market leading organization who are looking for a Personal Assistant to support their General Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company who offers great career progression opportunities.
- To provide comprehensive administrative and secretarial support to the General Manager, including diary management, travel arrangements, preparing correspondence and dealing with enquiries on their behalf
- To develop an excellent working relationship with the General Manager’s direct reports, assisting them as required in order that they may maximise their effectiveness in meeting departmental objectives
- To attend meetings on behalf of the General Manager when required and take minutes as appropriate, actioning any items arising therefrom within agreed deadlines
- To co-ordinate projects as requested by the General Manager or Director, ensuring that all parties involved are kept up to date with developments and that tasks are completed within specified timescales
- To deal with general enquiries received by the department in an efficient and professional manner, escalating more complex queries to the relevant member of staff where necessary
- Take responsibility for maintaining an up to date filing system for both electronic and paper documents for the team which can be easily accessed by all members of staff
The Successful Applicant:
- Will have proven experience working as a Personal Assistant supporting at Senior Management level
- Have excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workloads whilst paying excellent attention to detail
- Be confident communicating at all levels both written and verbally
- Hold strong IT skills including Microsoft Office packages
- Salary £35000 per annum DOE
- Full time hours Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
I hope you found this blog helpful in understanding what an assistant general manager does and the skills required for the job. The next step is to take that information and see if there are any specific areas where you could use some improvement or development. Maybe there are some courses offers at your local community college, or even online, which could help you make a case for yourself when applying for this position in the future. Good luck!