Are you considering a career as an assistant property manager? If so, you’re in luck! Check out our comprehensive guide to learn the assistant property manager job description. This is an exciting job opportunity in the real estate industry that allows you to use your organizational skills and multitasking abilities to manage the day-to-day operations of rental properties. Keep reading to learn more about this career path, including job responsibilities, duties, requirements, and salary.
Job Duties Of a Assistant Property Manager
- The primary responsibility of an assistant property manager is to assist the property manager with all aspects of managing a rental property.
- This includes managing tenant relations and ensuring that all tenants are complying with the terms of their lease agreement.
- In addition to this, they may also need to handle administrative duties such as preparing paperwork for leases or handling tenant complaints.
- They may also be responsible for keeping track of rent payments and responding to maintenance requests from tenants.
Assistant Property Manager Education Requirements & Qualifications
- Most employers prefer applicants who have at least a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- However, some employers may prefer applicants who possess some college education or experience in the real estate industry.
- Additionally, many employers require assistant property managers to have excellent communication skills and knowledge of relevant state laws related to landlord/tenant rights and obligations.
Job Outlook & Salary Assistant Property Manager
- According to Pay Scale, the average salary for an assistant property manager is $41,664 per year.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that employment for assistant property managers will grow by 7% from 2019-2029—which is faster than average compared with other occupations in the United States.
Assistant Property Manager Job Description
We are a real estate management company that specializes in high-end residential properties. We are a well-established company with a team of experienced professionals. Our portfolio includes some of the most prestigious addresses in the city. We are looking for an Assistant Property Manager to join our team.
The Assistant Property Manager will be responsible for assisting the Property Manager with all aspects of property management. This includes but is not limited to:
- Maintaining communication with tenants and owners
- Responding to tenant requests and concerns in a timely manner
- Coordinating repairs and maintenance with vendors
- Inspecting units on a regular basis
- ensuring that all units are up to code and meet safety standards
- Preparing reports for the Property Manager
- Assisting with lease renewals and move-ins/move-outs
The Successful Applicant:
- The ideal candidate for this position will have at least 2 years of experience working in property management.
- They should have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- They must be organized and detail oriented, with the ability to work independently.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously is essential.
- Bilingual candidates are preferred but not required.
- This is a full-time position with competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance, 401k, paid holidays, vacation time, etc.
Assistant Property Manager Job Description Sample
We are a market leader in the real estate industry, and looking for an assistant property manager to join our team. This is a great opportunity to work for a well-established company with a strong reputation in the industry. The role will be based in their corporate office in New York City.
The assistant property manager will be responsible for assisting the property manager with all aspects of running the property, including leasing, marketing, maintenance, and financial reporting.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication and customer service skills, as well as experience working with Yardi or another similar property management software.
The Successful Applicant:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field
- 3+ years of experience working in property management
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Proficient with Yardi or another similar property management software
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Competitive salary and benefits package
Assistant Commercial Property Manager Job Description
We are a leading privately owned real estate company that has been in business for over 50 years. As we have a portfolio of over 20 million square feet of commercial, industrial and retail space. We are looking for an Assistant Commercial Property Manager to join our team in Boston.
- The Assistant Commercial Property Manager will be responsible for assisting in the management of a portfolio of commercial properties.
- The Assistant Commercial Property Manager will work closely with the Senior Property Manager to ensure that the properties are well maintained and operated efficiently.
- The Assistant Commercial Property Manager will be responsible for coordinating repairs and maintenance, overseeing vendors, and preparing reports.
- The Assistant Commercial Property Manager will also be responsible for assisting with lease administration and tenant relations.
The Successful Applicant:
- The successful candidate will have at least 2 years of experience working in commercial property management.
- The successful candidate must have strong organizational skills and be able to work independently.
- The successful candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Salary is negotiable depending on experience
- Excellent benefits package
- 401k matching program
- Opportunity for growth
Apartment Assistant Property Manager Job Description
We are a reputable, well-established organization that has been in business for over 50 years. As we are a leader in our industry and have an excellent track record. We are looking for an Apartment Assistant Property Manager to join our team!
The Apartment Assistant Property Manager is responsible for assisting the Property Manager with all aspects of property operation and management, including but not limited to:
- Assisting with marketing, leasing, and move-in procedures
- Conducting tours of the property
- Answering phone calls and responding to resident requests in a timely manner
- Processing rental applications and performing background checks
- Maintaining accurate records of all transactions
- Assist with onsite staff as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Property Manager.
The Successful Applicant:
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- ( Spanish speaking preferred) Organized and detail oriented
- Self motivated Ability to work independently
- Team player Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Familiarity with Yardi or similar property management software program(s) preferred but not required.
- This is a Full Time position offering competitive salary + benefits package including medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k plan, PTO days, etc.
In conclusion, being an administrator is a vital role in any organization. It requires a wide range of skills and responsibilities, including managing schedules, handling correspondence, and overseeing projects. Administrators play a crucial role in keeping the organization running smoothly and efficiently.
We hope this blog post has provided a glimpse into the world of an administrator and the many responsibilities they hold. If you have any further questions or would like to learn more about the role, please leave a comment below or visit our website for more job descriptions. Thank you for reading!