Are you interested in turning your passion for design and technology into a career as an AutoCAD Drafter? This dynamic role combines your love for creating detailed drawings and your technical skills to bring architectural, engineering, and construction projects to life. This Blog Includes some of the best AutoCAD Drafter Job Description examples which may help you in your career journey.
AutoCAD Drafters are responsible for creating detailed technical drawings using AutoCAD software. These drawings are used by architects, engineers, and construction professionals to plan and build structures, roads, bridges, and other infrastructure.
As an AutoCAD Drafter, you will work closely with project managers and other team members to understand project requirements and create accurate and detailed drawings. Additionally, you will need to stay up-to-date with industry standards and changes in technology to ensure your drawings are current and compliant.
Responsibilities & Duties Of a AutoCAD Drafter
- An AutoCAD Drafter, also known as a CAD Drafter, uses computer-aided design (CAD) software to create two-dimensional (2D) and three-dimensional (3D) drawings of a variety of structures, including buildings, machines, and electrical circuits.
- These drawings are then used by architects, engineers, and other professionals to plan and construct these structures.
- As such, an AutoCAD Drafter must have a strong understanding of both 2D and 3D drafting fundamentals as well as be proficient in the use of CAD software.
- In addition to drafting responsibilities, an AutoCAD Drafter may also be responsible for preparing construction documents, coordinating with other members of the project team, and providing support to engineers and architects during the construction process.
Requirements & Salary Of a AutoCAD Drafter
- Most employers will require that candidates for an AutoCAD Drafter position have at least an Associate’s degree in drafting or a related field.
- In some cases, however, candidates with experience may be able to find work without a formal education.
- Many community colleges and technical schools offer programs specifically in CAD drafting.
Salary Of a AutoCAD Drafter
The median annual salary for an AutoCAD Drafter is $53,480 but salaries can range depending on experience level, education, geography, and industry sector.
AutoCAD Drafter Job Description
We are a world leader in providing engineering, construction, and technical services to a wide range of government and commercial customers.
As we have been in business for over 100 years and are publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange. We have operations in over 50 countries and employ over 60,000 people worldwide.
- Use AutoCAD software to produce 2D drawings of building plans, elevations, sections, etc.
- Coordinate with other disciplines (structural, MEP, etc.) to ensure that the drawings are accurate and meet all applicable codes and standards.
- Revise drawings as per client/engineer comments.
- Maintain drawing logs and files.
- Perform quality control checks on own work as well as that of others on the team.
The Successful Applicant:
- Associate’s degree or higher in Drafting/Design or related field OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of experience using AutoCAD software (version 2015 or higher) to produce 2D drawings
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- This is a direct hire position with our client company
- The salary is based on experience level ($50k-$70k range) plus benefits package including 401(k), medical/dental/vision insurance, paid vacation & holidays
AutoCAD draftsman job description
[Company Name] is a market leader in the design and manufacture of bespoke architectural metalwork, We work with some of the UK’s most high-profile clients on prestigious projects across a broad range of sectors.
- As AutoCAD Draftsman, you will be responsible for creating detailed 2D drawings and 3D models from concept through to completion using AutoCAD software.
- You will liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure accuracy and feasibility of designs, attend site visits when required, and contribute to ongoing improvement of processes and procedures.
The Successful Applicant:
- To be successful in this role you will need experience using AutoCAD software to create 2D drawings and 3D models, ideally within an architectural or engineering environment.
- You will have excellent attention to detail, strong communication skills, and the ability to work well under pressure.
- In return our client offers a competitive salary & benefits package including pension & healthcare.
AutoCAD draftsman job responsibilities
[Company Name] is a leading engineering and construction firm who specializes in the design and build of large scale projects across the globe. We are currently seeking an AutoCAD draftsman to join our team and work on a variety of high-profile projects.
As an AutoCAD draftsman, you will be responsible for creating 2D and 3D drawings using AutoCAD software. You will also be responsible for maintaining accurate records of all drawings created, as well as any changes made to existing drawings. In addition, you will be required to provide support to engineers and other members of the team when needed. Some travel may be required for this role.
The Successful Applicant
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working as an AutoCAD draftsman is in need for this role.
- Experience working on large scale projects is in need but not essential.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills are essential.
- A competitive salary and benefits package will be as offer to the successful candidate.
Civil AutoCAD draftsman job responsibilities
[Company Name] is a leading engineering firm who provide innovative solutions to some of the world’s largest companies. We are currently looking for an AutoCAD draftsman with experience in civil engineering to join our team on a long-term basis.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for creating accurate and precise 2D drawings using AutoCAD software, in accordance with company standards and procedures.
- You will be in need to liaise closely with engineers and other members of the team in order to ensure that all drawings accurately reflect the design intent.
- In addition, you will be responsible for maintaining drawing records and files, as well as updating existing drawings when required.
- Occasional site visits may also be in need in order to gather information or take measurements.
The Successful Applicant:
- Proven experience working as an AutoCAD draftsman, preferably within the civil engineering sector.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
- Strong communication skills are also in need in order to liaise effectively with other members of the team.
- The ability to work independently and meet deadlines is also important.
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Long term contract
- Full time hours
- Immediate start
I hope you found this blog helpful in coming up with the perfect AutoCAD Drafter Job Description example. In conclusion, an AutoCAD Drafter plays a crucial role in the design and engineering industry. They use computer-aided design software to create technical drawings and plans that are used in the construction and manufacturing industries.
This job requires a unique combination of technical skills, creativity, and attention to detail. If you are interested in a career as an AutoCAD Drafter or want to learn more about this field, we encourage you to leave a comment below and visit our site for more in-depth AutoCAD Drafter Job Description and resources. Our goal is to provide helpful information to individuals looking to grow their careers in the design and engineering industry.