Looking for a Bank Teller Job Description? Bank tellers are responsible for providing customer service and performing basic banking transactions. While the job may seem like it is mainly interaction with customers, tellers also perform a variety of behind-the-scenes tasks.
They must be able to keep track of large sums of money, follow bank procedures, and be detail-oriented. In addition, Tellers need to have good people skills and be able to handle stressful situations. If you are considering a career as a bank teller, consult a Bank Teller Job Description to learn more about the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills that are necessary for the role.
Bank Teller Job Description
We are a leading financial institution in the United States with over 5,000 branches nationwide. We offer a wide range of personal and business banking products and services to meet their customer’s needs
- Greeting customers as they enter the bank and providing them with prompt, courteous service.
- Processing customer transactions accurately and efficiently including deposits, withdrawals, check cashing, loan payments, etc.
- Answering customer questions and resolving any issues or concerns they may have.
- Cross-selling bank products and services to customers based on their needs.
- Following all compliance procedures when processing transactions and handling customer information.
- Opening new customer accounts and processing related paperwork.
- Assisting with other tasks as needed such as counting cash drawer, stocking shelves, etc.
The Successful Applicant:
- Previous experience working as a teller or in a similar role within the banking industry is preferred but not required.
- Strong math skills with the ability to handle large sums of cash quickly and accurately.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build rapport with customers quickly.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail at all times.
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package including medical, dental, vision
- 401k program
- Paid time off
Teller job description
We are a leading financial institution with branches across the country. We are committed to providing excellent customer service and offer a wide range of products and services to our clients.
- Greet customers as they enter the bank and provide them with prompt, courteous service.
- Process transactions quickly and accurately, including deposits, withdrawals, transfers, check cashing, loan payments, etc.
- Balance cash drawer at the end of shift and generate reports for accounting purposes.
- Assist customers with account inquiries and provide information about bank products and services.
- Cross-sell bank products and services to customers when appropriate.
- Handle customer complaints in a professional manner and refer them to management as necessary.
The Successful Applicant:
- Previous experience working as a teller or in a similar role within the banking industry
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- High school diploma or equivalent; teller training certification preferred but not required
Competitive salary + benefits package
Head teller job description
We are a leading international bank with 1000+ branches across 30 countries. We are currently seeking an experienced Head Teller to manage and oversee the teller team in their Los Angeles branch.
As Head Teller, you will be responsible for ensuring that all customers receive outstanding service, while also achieving individual and team targets. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing organization and take your career to the next level.
- Manage and oversee the teller team in our Los Angeles branch
- Ensure that all customers receive outstanding service and that individual and team targets are met
- Handle customer inquiries and complaints in a professional and efficient manner
- Train new tellers on bank policies and procedures
- Balance cash drawer on a daily basis
- Perform other duties as assigned
The Successful Applicant:
- 3+ years of experience as a head teller or similar role in a bank or financial institution
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bank tellers are an important part of the banking system. They provide customer service, process transactions, and help customers with their financial needs. The job requirements for a bank teller vary depending on the bank, but there are some general skills and duties that are common to most positions.
If you’re looking for a career in banking, or if you’re just curious about what a bank teller does, then this blog post is for you. We’ve outlined the key responsibilities and skills that are required for this position so that you can get a better idea of what it takes to be a successful bank teller.
We also included a few tips on how to prepare yourself for a career in this field. Are you excited to start your career as a bank teller? Let us know in the comments below!