Are you looking for a job that offers professional growth, an excellent salary, and the opportunity to make a real difference? Then you should consider becoming a benefits administrator. Not only will this job allow you to help others, but it also comes with many other rewards. Let’s take a look at the Benefits Administrator Job Description, duties, responsibilities, and requirements of the job, along with its salary range.
Duties & Responsibilities
The primary duty of benefits administrators is to assist in developing, managing and administering employee benefit programs. This includes researching new benefit programs and determining which ones are best suited to the organization’s needs. They must also stay up-to-date on new laws and regulations related to employee benefits. Additionally, they are responsible for researching and resolving employee complaints related to their benefits packages.
Benefits administrators must also be able to effectively communicate with employees about their benefits packages. This includes providing information about the different types of coverage available as well as assisting with enrollment into health insurance plans or other types of coverage plans. Administrators must also be able to answer questions about how each plan works and what employees can expect from each option. Finally, they must keep accurate records of all employee benefit enrollments or changes made throughout the year.
Requirements & Salary Range
To become a benefits administrator, applicants typically need at least a bachelor’s degree in human resources or a related field such as business administration or accounting. Experience in customer service is beneficial, as is knowledge of relevant state and federal laws related to employee benefits.
Administrators should also possess strong interpersonal skills as well as excellent organizational abilities in order to successfully manage their workloads and prioritize tasks accordingly. In terms of salary range, according to PayScale, entry level professionals can make around $45k per year while those with more experience can earn up to $68k annually depending on location and industry type.
Benefits Administrator Job Description
A leading provider of benefits and insurance services, We are looking for a Benefits Administrator to join our team. The company has been in business for over 50 years and offers a comprehensive suite of benefits and insurance products.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for employees regarding benefit inquiries
- Process enrollments, changes, and terminations in accordance with established procedures
- Maintain accurate employee records in the benefits administration system
- collaborate with vendors to resolve issues and ensure timely delivery of services
- Prepare reports on enrollment activity, plan usage, and other metrics as needed
- Assist with the annual open enrollment process by providing information to employees and answering questions
- Stay up to date on changes in benefits laws and regulations and ensure compliance
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a benefits or HR administrator role
Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal Ability to work independently as well as part of a team Detail oriented with strong organizational skills Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Competitive salary
- Excellent health, dental, vision coverage
- Generous PTO policy
- 401(k) with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement program
Employee Benefits Administrator Job Description
We are a world leader in the design, manufacture, and distribution of medical devices and related software solutions. We have over 70k employees in more than 150 countries.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all matters related to employee benefits administration including but not limited to health and welfare plans, retirement plans, leave of absence programs, and other ancillary benefit programs
- Assist employees with questions or problems related to their benefits coverage; work with vendors/carriers as needed to resolve issues
- Oversee annual open enrollment process; ensure that communications are distributed timely and accurately; coordinate with payroll department to ensure proper deduction of premiums
- Administer COBRA continuation coverage; comply with all applicable laws and regulations including HIPAA privacy rules
- Maintain knowledge of current industry trends and best practices by attending relevant seminars/webinars and reading professional publications; make recommendations for plan improvements as appropriate
- Work collaboratively with HR team members on special projects as needed (e.g., implementation of new benefit programs)
The Successful Applicant will have:
- A minimum of 3 years experience in employee benefits administration; experience with global benefit programs preferred but not required
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written); ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels
- Strong organizational skills; detail oriented
- Ability to handle confidential information discreetly and professionally
Offer Details: This is a full time, direct hire role offering a competitive salary + bonus potential + full benefits package including 401k match.
Pension Benefits Administrator Job Description
We are a world-renowned provider of pension and benefits administration solutions. We have been in business for over 50 years and are a trusted resource for both public and private sector organizations.
As the Pension Benefits Administrator, you will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of our client’s pension plans. This will include but not be limited to: processing benefit calculations, managing data entry, preparing reports, and communicating with plan participants. In addition, you will work closely with the actuarial team to ensure that the pension plans are well-funded and remain compliant with all applicable laws and regulations.
The Successful Applicant:
- 3+ years of experience in pension or benefits administration
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Salary range of $60,000 – $70,000 per year
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous vacation policy
Health Benefits Administrator Job Description
We are a leading provider of health benefits in the United States. We are a Fortune 500 company with over 20 million members and 5,000 employees. And offer a wide range of health insurance products and services to individuals, families, and businesses.
- The Health Benefits Administrator will be responsible for administering health benefits for our clients’ employees.
- This includes but is not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and long-term care insurance plans.
- The administrator will work closely with the human resources department to ensure that all employees are enrolled in the correct plan and that they understand their coverage.
- The administrator will also be responsible for managing claims and resolving any issues that may arise.
- In addition, the administrator will work with vendors to negotiate contracts and ensure that our clients are getting the best possible rates.
The Successful Applicant:
- 3+ years of experience administering health benefits plans
- Knowledge of various types of health insurance plans
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or human resources preferred but not required
Offer Details: Full benefit package including 401k + match Negotiable salary based on experience
If you are looking for an engaging career that offers professional growth opportunities while still making an impact on others’ lives then becoming a benefits administrator may be just what you need! As mentioned above this role comes with many responsibilities such as researching benefit programs for organizations along with managing enrollments into health insurance plans or other types of coverage plans available for employees within the organization.
Requirements include at least a bachelor’s degree coupled with customer service experience while salaries range from $45k – $68k annually depending on location and industry type among other factors – so if this sounds like something that interests you then why not give it a try today? You won’t regret it!