Are you looking for a rewarding career in education? Becoming a biology teacher may just be the perfect opportunity for you. Read these Powerful Biology Teacher Job Description. Biology teachers are responsible for teaching students about the living world, from cells to ecosystems. With this job comes many responsibilities and duties, as well as unique salary and requirements. Learn more about what it takes to become a biology teacher below with ready Powerful Biology Teacher Job Description samples!
Responsibilities and Duties of a Biology Teacher
The primary responsibility of a biology teacher is to educate students on various topics related to the subject of biology. This includes teaching courses such as anatomy, physiology, ecology, genetics, biochemistry, evolution, and other related topics. The goal is to provide students with an understanding of biological principles so they can better understand how the natural world works.
Biology teachers must also serve as mentors and advisors to their students. A good teacher will be able to recognize student’s strengths and weaknesses while providing them with guidance on how to improve their academic performance. The role of a biology teacher extends beyond just teaching; it also involves being an advocate for their students’ success.
Salary & Requirements for Biology Teachers
The average salary for a biology teacher is around $60,000 per year but may vary depending on location and experience level. In order to become a certified biology teacher you must have at least a bachelor’s degree in biology or related field along with some classroom experience. Many states also require teachers to pass certification exams in order to teach in public schools or universities.
Biology Teacher Job Description
We are a top independent school in London and they are looking for an inspiring and enthusiastic Biology Teacher to join their team. The role is full time and permanent, starting in September 20_ _.
- Planning and delivering lessons that engage and challenge students
- Assessing, marking and providing feedback on student work
- Undertaking administrative tasks such as maintaining student records
- Liaising with parents/carers about their child’s progress
- Contributing to the development of the department’s teaching resources
- Keeping up to date with changes in the curriculum, developments in research and new teaching methods
- Playing a leading role in one or more extracurricular activities such as sports coaching, drama productions or running clubs/societies
The Successful Applicant:
To be considered for this role you must have:
- A relevant degree (2:1 or above) in Biology or a related subject
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent teaching qualification
- The ability to inspire pupils and get the best out of them academically – Strong behaviour management skills
- Excellent organization skills
Offer Details: Salary range £30,480 – £49,571 per annum (depending on experience) Inner London Weighting Allowance (£3,724 per annum) TLR 2b (£9,013 per annum), Outer London fringe allowance may also be payable for candidates who live outside Greater London.
Biology Teacher Description
We are a prestigious private school in New York City. We are looking for a Biology Teacher to join their team. The school offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Teach biology classes to students in grades 9-12
- Develop and implement lesson plans that meet the needs of all students
- Differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all learners
- Use data to inform instructional decisions
- Maintain a positive learning environment in the classroom
- Communicate effectively with parents and guardians about student progress
The Successful Applicant:
- Holds a valid teaching license in Biology (9-12) issued by the state of New York
- Has 3+ years of teaching experience in Biology (9-12)
- Is highly skilled in differentiating instruction to meet the needs of all learners
This is a full time, direct hire role. The salary for this role is $80,000-$100,000 per year, depending on experience. In addition, our client offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as 401k and tuition reimbursement.
Duties of a Biology Teacher
- To teach biology to students aged 11-18
- To plan and deliver engaging and effective lessons
- To mark pupils’ work and give feedback to help them improve
- To take part in departmental meetings, curriculum planning and extra-curricular activities
- Any other duties as required from time to time by the Head of Department or Principal
The Successful Applicant: will have a good understanding of the national curriculum for biology, be able to engage and motivate students, have excellent communication skills and be able to work well as part of a team.
Offer Details: This is a full time permanent role working Monday – Friday 8.30am – 4pm term time only plus some additional days for inset days etc. The salary is £22000 – £35000 per annum depending on experience + pension + free parking.
Biology Teacher Job Description example
We are a highly successful 11-18 comprehensive school. The school has been graded as Outstanding by Ofsted in every category and has been in the top 100 schools nationally for Progress 8 scores for the last 3 years. The school has an inclusive ethos and welcomes applications from all teachers who can add value to the students’ learning experiences.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Biology Teacher to join our client’s successful department from September 2021. The role would suit an experienced teacher or NQT looking for their first post in a high-achieving, oversubscribed school.
The Successful Applicant will have:
- A good degree in Biology (or a related subject) and Qualified Teacher Status (or equivalent);
- An excellent track record of teaching Biology at KS3 and KS4;
- Evidence of raising standards of achievement for all pupils;
- Enthusiasm, energy and commitment to ensuring that every child makes exceptional progress;
We offer you:
- The opportunity to work with fantastic students who are keen to learn;
- A strong professional development programme with opportunities for career progression;
If you are interested in this role please click ‘apply now’ or email your CV directly to [email protected] quoting reference number JW23456.
Becoming a certified biology teacher is an excellent way to make your mark in both academics and education fields alike! Teaching provides not only financial stability but also offers job satisfaction knowing that you are making an impact on the future generation’s knowledge about our natural world.
If you are looking for a career that is both financially rewarding and mentally stimulating then becoming a biology teacher might be perfect for you! Start researching today and take your first steps towards becoming a certified educator tomorrow!