Have you ever wanted to be a building manager? If so, there are certain responsibilities, duties, requirements and salary that come with the job. Want to know what a building manager does? This Building Manager Job Description spells out the role, responsibilities and required skills. Being a building manager is a great way to gain experience in the field of property management. With the right qualifications and training, you can become an excellent building manager and make a good living doing it. Let’s take a closer look at what is involved in being a building manager.
Responsibilities of A Building Manager
A building manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of their assigned properties. They will handle tenant inquiries and complaints, coordinate maintenance services, oversee all ongoing construction projects on the premises, manage leases and contracts with tenants and vendors, enforce safety regulations for all tenants on-site, review budgets for each property being managed and ensure that all necessary paperwork is completed accurately and timely. Additionally, they may also be responsible for recruiting and hiring new staff members as needed.
Duties of A Building Manager
The duties of a building manager include but are not limited to inspecting properties regularly to ensure that they are safe and up to code
- developing risk management plans
- negotiating leases with tenants
- ensuring compliance with state laws regarding rental housing
- managing construction projects
- coordinating maintenance services
- managing budgets; monitoring tenant activity
- handling tenant inquiries/complaints
- implementing safety protocols
- preparing reports on operational activities
- enforcing rules/regulations set forth by management/ownership
- creating policies regarding rent collection/tenant relations/building operations
- recruiting/hiring staff as needed.
Requirements & Salary of A Building Manager
To become a successful building manager one must possess strong communication skills (both written & verbal), problem solving abilities, organizational skills & attention to detail. Additionally having previous experience in property management or related field can be beneficial when looking for employment as well as having knowledge of applicable local laws & regulations pertaining to rental housing properties. The average annual salary for a Building Manager ranges from $30K-$50K depending on experience level & geographic location.
Building Manager Job Description
We are a market leader in the real estate industry, with a portfolio that includes some of the most iconic buildings in the world. We are looking for an experienced Building Manager to join their team.
- The Building Manager will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of building operations and maintenance, including but not limited to HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and life safety systems.
- In this role, you will also be responsible for managing vendors and service contracts, as well as coordinating capital improvement projects.
- Other responsibilities include budgeting and forecasting, as well as developing and implementing policies and procedures to ensure the smooth operation of the building.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working in a high-rise office building or similar commercial property.
The Successful Applicant:
- 5+ years of experience working in building management or a related field
- Experience working in a high-rise office building or similar commercial property
- Strong understanding of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and life safety systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Competitive salary and benefits package
Building Maintenance Manager Job Description
We are a market leader in their industry, and they are looking for a Building Maintenance Manager to join their team. Our company is known for their excellent benefits package and competitive salary. Our position will be based in the Slough area.
The Building Maintenance Manager will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of building maintenance and repairs. They will also be responsible for managing a team of maintenance staff and ensuring that all work is completed in a timely and efficient manner. Additionally, the Building Maintenance Manager will be required to develop and implement preventative maintenance schedules. Other duties may include:
- Liaising with contractors
- Managing budgets
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations
- Coordinating building projects
- Supervising repair work
The Successful Applicant:
The ideal candidate for this role will have previous experience working as a Building Maintenance Manager or similar role. They should also have experience managing a team of staff, as well as experience developing and implementing preventative maintenance schedules.
Additionally, the ideal candidate should have strong communication and organizational skills. Finally, the ideal candidate should be able to work independently and take initiative when needed.
This position offers an excellent benefits package including a competitive salary, 401k + match, medical insurance, and more. Additionally, this position offers hybrid working, with the expectation that you will be in the office near Slough 3 days per week.
Building Operations Manager Job Description
We are a market leading provider of services in the construction industry with a strong focus on health and safety. We are looking for an experienced Building Operations Manager to join their team in London.
- The role of the Building Operations Manager is to oversee all aspects of building operations for our client’s portfolio of properties in London.
- You will be responsible for a team of engineers and technicians, ensuring that all building systems are operated and maintained to the highest standards.
- You will liaise closely with tenants, landlords, and other stakeholders to ensure that their needs are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- In addition, you will be responsible for implementing health and safety policies and procedures across the portfolio.
- This is a hands-on role which requires excellent problem solving skills and the ability to think outside the box.
The Successful Applicant:
- The successful candidate will have experience working as a Building Operations Manager or similar role within the property sector.
- You will have experience managing teams of engineers/technicians and be able to demonstrate excellent leadership qualities.
- In addition, you must have up-to-date knowledge of health and safety legislation applicable to commercial properties.
Offer Details: Salary negotiable depending on experience + benefits
Building Society Manager Job Description
A top building society in the UK is looking to hire a Building Society Manager. The role is based in their London office, with some travel required. This is an excellent opportunity to join a company that offers great career progression opportunities and a competitive salary and benefits package.
- The Building Society Manager will be responsible for managing a team of Relationship Managers who provide mortgage advice to customers.
- They will also be responsible for monitoring and coaching the team to ensure they are providing high quality advice that meets regulatory requirements.
- In addition, the Building Society Manager will be responsible for developing new business relationships with estate agents, solicitors and other professional referral sources.
- They will also liaise with senior management on strategic initiatives and contribute to the development of marketing plans.
The Successful Applicant:
- Must have previous experience working as a Relationship Manager or similar role within the financial services sector
- Must have excellent people management skills and experience of coaching and developing staff
- Must have strong commercial awareness and be able to identify new business opportunities
- Must be highly organised with good time management skills
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
Being a building manager is an exciting job opportunity that comes with many responsibilities but also rewards those who excel at it financially as well as professionally! With the right qualifications and training one can become an excellent building manager capable of overseeing multiple properties efficiently while maintaining high standards for their tenants’ comfort & safety! If this sounds like something you might be interested in pursuing then start researching today! Good luck!