Looking to get hired as a Commercial Loan Officer, here is Commercial Loan Officer Job Description for you. A commercial loan officer is a professional who evaluates, authorizing, or recommending the approval of commercial loans. The commercial loan officer Job Description entails completing an analysis of the applicant’s financial status, such as credit reports, employment history, and outstanding debts.
They also interview the applicant to determine the need for the loan and to gather other pertinent information. Afterward, they present their findings and recommendations to a loan committee for further review and decision.
Some duties may also include servicing the approved loans, which includes ensuring timely payments, collecting overdue amounts, and answering questions from borrowers. To be successful in this role, one must have excellent communication skills, be well-organized, and have keen attention to detail.
They must also be able to work independently and maintain a high level of confidentiality. Those interested in becoming a commercial loan officer can find job openings by searching online job boards or contacting banks directly.
Some colleges and universities offer programs specifically in commercial lending that can provide the necessary education and training for this career.
Commercial Loan Officer Job Description
We are a leading financial institution that has been serving the needs of businesses in the United States for over 150 years. We are headquartered in New York City and have offices nationwide. As we offer a full range of banking products and services, including commercial lending, treasury management, and merchant services.
- Originate and underwrite new commercial loan relationships in accordance with established credit standards
- Analyze financial statements, tax returns, and other credit information to determine creditworthiness of potential borrowers
- Prepare detailed written reports summarizing findings and recommendations for approval by Loan Committee
- Monitor existing loan portfolios to identify potential problem loans and take appropriate action to minimize risk to the Bank
- Participate in business development activities to generate new loan prospects
The Successful Applicant:
- 5+ years of experience originating and underwriting commercial loans
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to quickly assess credit risk
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Competitive salary + bonus potential
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision & 401k
- Generous PTO policy
Commercial lender job description
We are commercial lender in the United States. As we have been in business for over 100 years and are looking to add a Commercial Lender to their team. This position will be responsible for originating and structuring new loans, as well as managing a portfolio of existing loans. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in commercial lending, strong credit analysis skills, and excellent communication ability.
- Originate and structure new loans in accordance with company guidelines
- Manage a portfolio of existing loans, including renewals and modifications
- Conduct credit analysis on potential borrowers
- Prepare loan proposals and presentations for management approval
- Monitor collateral levels and take action when necessary to protect the bank’s interest
- Maintain relationships with borrowers and provide superior customer service
- Keep abreast of market trends and developments impacting the lending industry
The Successful Applicant:
- 5+ years of experience in commercial lending
- Strong credit analysis skills
- Excellent communication ability (written & verbal)
- Proven track record of successful loan origination & management
- $100k-$175k base salary (DOE) + bonus opportunity
- Full benefits package including 401k + match
- Paid time off + sick days
- Company paid continuing education/training
Commercial lending officer job description
We are a leading commercial lending institution that has been in business for over 50 years. As we are headquartered in the Midwest and have branches throughout the United States. We offer a wide range of lending products and services to their clients, including working capital loans, equipment financing, real estate loans, and lines of credit. We are looking for an experienced Commercial Lending Officer to join their team.
The Commercial Lending Officer will be responsible for originating and underwriting new loan requests from existing and prospective customers within an assigned territory. This individual will also be responsible for developing relationships with customers, referral sources, and centers of influence to generate new business opportunities. Other duties include:
- Conducting financial analysis of loan requests using standard tools such as Excel spreadsheets
- Analyzing collateral supporting loan requests
- Reviewing tax returns, financial statements, and other credit information
- Presenting loan requests to the Loan Committee for approval
- Servicing existing loans in portfolio by monitoring collateral positions and ensuring timely payment of interest and principal by borrowers
The Successful Applicant:
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in commercial lending with a proven track record of origination success.
- They should have strong analytical skills and be able to quickly assess risk associated with loan requests.
- Additionally, they should have excellent communication skills (written & verbal) and be able to build relationships quickly.
- Finally, they should be self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
This is a Full-time position based out of our client’s corporate office in the Midwest region of the United States. Salary is commensurate with experience plus bonus potential & company benefits package including 401k matching program & health/dental/vision insurance coverage options!
Commercial loan originator job description
We are a well-established, growing commercial lender that offers a wide variety of products and services to the clients. We are looking for an experienced Commercial Loan Originator.
The Commercial Loan Originator will be responsible for generating new business by developing relationships with real estate brokers, developers, contractors, and other referral sources. The ideal candidate will have experience originating and closing commercial real estate loans, as well as excellent communication skills.
- Develop relationships with new and existing referral sources
- Originate and close commercial real estate loans
- Prepare loan applications and present them to credit committee
- Negotiate loan terms and conditions with borrowers
- Manage loan portfolios and provide monthly reporting to senior management
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- 7+ years of experience originating and closing commercial real estate loans required; 10+ years preferred
- Strong communication, customer service, negotiation and presentation skills required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required; Encompass experience preferred but not required
The Successful Applicant:
- As the successful applicant you will have 7+ years of experience originating & closing CRE loans as well as excellent communication & customer service skills.
- You will also need to be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite & have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- A valid driver’s license is also required for this role.
- In addition, the ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field however a master’s degree would be considered an asset.
- Finally, it would be considered an asset if you had Encompass experience however it is not required for this role. If you feel that you are qualified for this role then please apply today!
- This position offers a competitive salary + bonus along with full benefits including 401k + match!
I hope you found this blog helpful in understanding the role of a Commercial Loan Officer. A CLO is responsible for many aspects of the loan process, from underwriting to closing. The job can be very challenging, but also very rewarding. If you are interested in becoming a CLO or would like more information about the role, please contact us and we would be happy to help. Thanks for reading!