The communications assistant is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the communications team. In this blog we have provided four Communications Assistant Job Description templates from you can choose the one that suits you.
This may include tasks such as drafting correspondence, preparing presentations, scheduling appointments, and managing social media accounts. The communications assistant may also be responsible for conducting research and writing reports.
The communications assistant should have excellent written and verbal communication skills. They should be able to work independently and be able to take direction from multiple people. The communications assistant should also be proficient in using Microsoft Office suite programs, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
What Communication Assistant Do?
The responsibilities of the communications assistant may vary depending on the size of the company and the specific needs of the communications team. However, there are some common responsibilities that are typically associated with this position, which include:
- Assisting with the development and implementation of communication plans
- Drafting correspondence, such as press releases, memos, and email campaigns
- Preparing presentations, reports, and other materials for distribution
- Conducting research and gathering information for projects
- Scheduling appointments and coordinating travel arrangements for team members
- Managing social media accounts and creating content for social media platforms
- Providing administrative support to the team, such as answering phones and handling inquiries from the public
Roles & Duties Of a Communications Assistant:
The role of the communications assistant is to provide support to the communications team so that they can effectively carry out their duties. The specific duties of the communications assistant may vary depending on the size of the company and the needs of the team. However, there are some common duties that are typically associated with this position, which include:
- Answering phones and handling inquiries from the public
- Drafting correspondence
- Preparing presentations
- Scheduling appointments
- Coordinating travel arrangements
- Managing social media accounts
- Creating content for social media platforms
- Conducting research
- Gathering information for projects
- Writing reports
Communications Assistant Job Description
We are a global law firm with over 4,000 lawyers across more than 50 offices in 30 countries. The firm advises companies, financial institutions and governments on their most complex deals and disputes.
We are now seeking to hire a Communications Assistant to join our team in London.
- Support the Communications Manager in delivering internal and external communications for the London office, including drafting press releases, articles and other materials as required;
- Monitor news sources and compile daily media coverage reports for the London office;
- Assist with planning and delivery of events such as client seminars, conferences and award submissions;
- Maintain contact databases and undertake regular audits;
- Manage social media accounts for the London office, including Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook;
- Liaise with external agencies where necessary;
- Undertake ad hoc administrative tasks as required.
The Successful Applicant:
- Degree educated or equivalent (communications/journalism/public relations);
- Previous experience working within a professional services environment would be advantageous but is not essential;
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to adapt tone of voice according to audience;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent proofreading skills;
- Competitive salary depending on experience + bonus + benefits
Marketing and communications assistant job description
We are a leading provider of innovative technology solutions. We are looking for an energetic and detail-oriented marketing and communications assistant to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for assisting with the planning and execution of marketing campaigns, as well as providing administrative support to the marketing and communications department.
If you are a self-starter with strong organizational skills and a passion for marketing, we want to hear from you!
- Assist with the planning and execution of marketing campaigns
- Provide administrative support to the marketing and communications department
- Coordinate logistics for events such as trade shows, webinars, etc.
- Write copy for various marketing materials such as email newsletters, website content, blog posts, etc.
- Help maintain the company’s social media accounts
- Conduct market research projects
- Perform other duties as assigned
The Successful Applicant:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field preferred
- 1+ years of experience in a marketing or administrative role
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Docs/Sheets/Slides
- Social media savvy Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Detail oriented Positive attitude
- This is a full time position that offers medical benefits
- 401k match after one year of employment
- Three weeks PTO
- Ten paid holidays per year
- Tuition reimbursement .
- Salary will be based on experience .
Marketing communications assistant job description
We are a young and vibrant organization that provides excellent opportunities for its employees to progress their career. We are now recruiting a Marketing Communications Assistant to join our team.
- The Marketing Communications Assistant will be responsible for assisting the marketing communications team in the planning and delivery of marketing campaigns.
- They will help to develop and implement communication plans, write copy for various channels including social media, email and website, and support the team with event planning and execution.
- Additionally, they will provide administrative support to the team as required.
- The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be highly organised and have experience working in a fast-paced environment.
The Successful Applicant:
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field;
- 1-2 years’ experience working in marketing communications or a similar role;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Highly organized with the ability to work in a fast paced environment;
- Salary £25,000 – £28,000 per annum + benefits
Corporate communications assistant job description
We are a multinational corporation that provides a variety of services and products. We have been in operation for over 100 years and employ over 200,000 people worldwide. Our company is headquartered in the United States but has operations in over 60 countries.
- Assist with the development and implementation of communication plans and strategies
- Write, edit, and proofread internal and external communications such as memos, letters, reports, speeches, articles, website content, etc.
- Monitor media coverage and compile press clippings
- Coordinate logistics for events such as press conferences, media tours, etc.
- Maintain relationships with key members of the media
- Assist with social media efforts
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Communications or Vice President of Communications
The Successful Applicant:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Public Relations or a related field
- At least two years of experience working in corporate communications or a similar role
- Excellent writing skill
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications; comprehensive benefits package including medical insurance and 401(k) plan.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In conclusion, the communications assistant is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the communications team. This may include tasks such as drafting correspondence, preparing presentations, scheduling appointments, coordinating travel arrangements, managing social media accounts, conducting research, gathering information for projects, writing reports, and providing administrative support to the team.
The communications assistant should have excellent written and verbal communication skills. They should also be proficient in using Microsoft Office suite programs. If you are looking for a challenging yet rewarding career in Communications, then this might be the job for you!