In this blog we have provided some of the best Construction Estimator Job Description samples which may help you .Construction estimator is responsible for the cost estimation of construction projects.
They play a vital role in the construction industry as they provide an estimate of the expected costs of a project which helps contractors decide whether to proceed with a project or not.
Construction estimators use a variety of methods to calculate the expected costs of a construction project which include:
- Reviewing architectural plans and drawings
- Identifying the materials required for the project
- calculating the labor costs
- estimating the duration of the project
- considering any unforeseen costs that may arise during the course of the project.
Responsibilities of a Construction Estimator:
The responsibilities of a construction estimator vary depending on the size and scope of the project. For small projects, estimators may be responsible for preparing their own estimates. For larger projects, estimators may work as part of a team and be responsible for specific parts of the estimate.
In all cases, estimators are responsible for ensuring that their estimates are accurate and meet the requirements of the client.Construction estimators typically have a bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, or architecture.
Some employers may require experience in the construction industry in addition to educational requirements.
Roles & Duties Of a Construction Estimator:
The role of a construction estimator is to prepare cost estimates for construction projects. They do this by reviewing architectural plans and drawings, identifying the materials required for the project, calculating the labor costs, estimating the duration of the project, and considering any unforeseen costs that may arise during the course of the project.
Construction estimators use a variety of methods to calculate expected costs which include quantity takeoffs, pricing databases, and unit price estimating. They also consult with clients, architects, engineers, and other stakeholders to get clarification on scope and requirements. Once an estimate has been prepared, it is then presented to clients for approval.
Construction Estimator Job Description
We are a full-service commercial real estate development company that has been in business for over 50 years. As we have an excellent reputation in the industry and are well respected by their peers.
We are a family-owned business and take pride in their work. We are looking for a Construction Estimator to join our team.
- Prepare cost estimates for construction projects of all sizes and types
- Review plans and specifications to fully understand the scope of work
- Research material costs, labor costs, and equipment costs
- Utilize estimating software to develop accurate estimates
- Attend pre-bid meetings and site visits as needed
- Collaborate with project managers, architects, engineers, and other stakeholders as needed
- Communicate with clients and vendors throughout the estimation process
- Negotiate pricing with vendors and subcontractors
- Review bids from subcontractors and make recommendations to project manager
The Successful Applicant:
- 5+ years of experience working as a construction estimator
- Strong knowledge of construction materials, methods, and regulations
- Excellent math skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision 401k match
- Generous PTO policy
- Paid holidays
- Competitive salary
Construction cost estimator job description
We are a national commercial general contractor with an excellent reputation in the industry. We are seeking a construction cost estimator to join our team.
Our organization offers an entrepreneurial culture with great opportunity for career growth.
- Review project plans and specifications to develop a clear understanding of the scope of work and required deliverables
- Conduct on-site visits to collect data and measure quantities of material, timeframes, etc. needed for the project
- Utilize estimating software programs such as Bluebeam Revu, On Screen Takeoff (OST), or CostX to create accurate quantity takeoffs from construction documents
- Research pricing for materials, equipment, subcontractors, etc. and compare rates between vendors to get the best value for the project
- Develop cost estimates for each phase of the project based on collected data including overhead costs and profit margins
- Prepare detailed reports outlining all aspects of the estimate including assumptions made, risks involved, and potential areas of savings
- Attend pre-bid meetings and job walks as necessary to gain additional information about the project scope or answer questions from potential bidders
- Update cost estimates throughout the duration of the project as changes are made to scope or pricing fluctuates due to market conditions
The Successful Applicant:
- 5+ years of experience working as a construction cost estimator on commercial projects preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, or related field preferred
- Proficient in using estimation software programs such as Bluebeam Revu, On Screen Takeoff (OST), or CostX
- Excellent mathematical skills with attention to detail
- Strong research and analytical abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Compensation will be based on experience level ranging from $85k-$125k/year plus benefits package including 401k matching program and health/dental/vision insurance
Building estimator job description
We are a national commercial construction firm specializing in ground-up construction, renovations, and tenant improvements for a variety of clients in the retail, restaurant, hospitality, and entertainment industries.
With offices across the country, our client has been ranked as one of ENR’s Top 400 Contractors and is known for delivering high-quality projects on time and within budget.
The Building Estimator will be responsible for all aspects of estimating including but not limited to quantity takeoffs, labor analysis, material pricing research, subcontractor scopes review/pricing, attend job walks/pre-bid meetings as required.
The ideal candidate should have experience with Timberline estimating software (or similar), strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite products (Outlook, Word, Excel) as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Preconstruction.
- Review project documents (plans & specs) thoroughly to develop an understanding of the project requirements
- Perform quantity takeoffs using digital takeoff tools or manually
- Analyze historical data to develop productivity rates for various trades
- Research & price materials based on specific project requirements utilizing online resources such as MC4 & RSMeans databases along with manufacturer websites/catalogs when necessary
- Prepare cost summary reports comparing actual bid results against estimate assumptions highlighting any variances over 10% positive or negative from original estimate basis along with recommended value engineering options if applicable
- Attend pre-bid meetings & job walks as required
Construction project estimator job description
We are a national general contractor specializing in commercial construction projects. We are looking for an experienced Construction Project Estimator to join our team.
The ideal candidate will have experience estimating commercial construction projects from start to finish.
- Review project plans and specifications to develop a clear understanding of the scope of work.
- Identify and communicate potential risks associated with the project.
- Develop relationships with subcontractors and vendors to obtain pricing information.
- Utilize historical data to develop accurate cost estimates for labor, materials, and equipment.
- Prepare detailed cost estimates for each phase of the project.
- Review bids from subcontractors and vendors to ensure accuracy and competitiveness.
- Assist in the development of the project budget and schedule.
- Participate in pre-bid meetings with owners, architects, engineers, and other stakeholders.
- Attend job site visits as needed to observe ongoing work and gather additional information.
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience estimating commercial construction projects is required.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, or construction management is preferred but not required
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Full benefits package including 401k matching
- Generous PTO policy
A construction estimator is a vital role in the construction industry as they provide an estimate of expected costs for a project. Their responsibilities include reviewing architectural plans and drawings, identifying materials required, calculating labor costs, estimating duration, and considering unforeseen circumstances that may impact cost.
Most construction estimators have at least a bachelor’s degree along with experience in engineering, construction management, or architecture.