A construction inspector is responsible for inspecting the site to ensure that the construction is proceeding as per the approved plans. In this blog we have provided some of the authentic Construction Inspector Job Description ideas to help you succeed in your career.
He/she also ensures that the quality of materials and workmanship meets the required standards. The construction inspector represents the owner’s interests and provides independent verification that the project is being constructed in accordance with the contract documents.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a construction inspector vary depending on the project size and scope. However, there are some common duties and responsibilities associated with this job, which are as follows:
- Inspecting the site to ensure that the construction is proceeding as per the approved plans.
- Ensuring that the quality of materials and workmanship meets the required standards.
- Reviewing shop drawings, material samples, and test reports submitted by the contractor.
- Witnessing tests conducted by the contractor to verify compliance with specifications.
- Maintaining records of inspections carried out, material used, work completed, etc.
- Preparing daily reports detailing the progress of work, problems encountered, etc.
- Coordinating with other professionals such as architects, engineers, surveyors, etc., as required.
- Ensuring compliance with safety regulations.
- Addressing complaints from residents or other stakeholders regarding construction activity.
Construction Inspector Job Description
We are a construction management firm that provides professional support to private and public sector clients in the planning, design, and construction of buildings and other structures. We are headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with offices throughout the Southeast.
- Serve as the main point of contact between clients and contractors during the construction process
- Inspect work sites to ensure that they are safe and meet all applicable codes and regulations
- Review plans and specifications to ensure that they are being followed correctly
- Coordinate with architects, engineers, and other professionals as needed
- Prepare reports on the progress of projects and any issues that arise
- Keep abreast of new developments in the field of construction inspection
Construction and building inspector job description
We are a construction and building inspection company. We are looking for a qualified Construction and Building Inspector to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience in commercial and/or residential construction projects.
- Conduct on-site inspections of commercial and/or residential construction projects to ensure compliance with code requirements
- Review plans and specifications to identify potential code violations
- Issue stop work orders when necessary to correct code violations
- Prepare detailed reports documenting findings of inspections
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current codes and standards
The Successful Applicant:
- Must be certified as a Construction and Building Inspector by the International Code Council (ICC)
- 5+ years of experience in commercial and/or residential construction projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, and specifications
- This is a full time, permanent position offering a competitive salary based on experience, along with benefits including health insurance, 401k, PTO, etc.
Construction field inspector job description
We are a national general contractor with a long-standing reputation for delivering quality construction projects on time and within budget.
We have an immediate need for an experienced Construction Field Inspector to join our team in the Central region. The ideal candidate will have experience working on large commercial construction projects.
- The Construction Field Inspector will be responsible for performing field inspections of commercial construction projects and documenting findings.
- Inspections will be conducted throughout the various phases of construction including pre-construction, site work, concrete, masonry, carpentry, doors & frames, windows, drywall/acoustical ceilings, flooring, fire protection systems, HVAC systems and plumbing systems.
- The inspector will also review shop drawings and submittals for compliance with contract documents as well as local building codes.
- Additional responsibilities include maintaining daily reports detailing observations made during inspections along with digital photos of work completed or deficiencies observed.
- This position requires frequent travel to job sites located throughout the Central region of the country. Some overnight travel may be required depending on project location.
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a field inspector on large commercial construction projects is required.
- ICC Certification ( Commercial Building Inspector) preferred but not required .
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to maintain detailed daily reports .
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word , Excel , Outlook , Project). Experience using Bluebeam software is preferred but not required .
- Competitive salary + per diem when traveling
- Full benefits package including medical , dental , vision , 401k & company paid life insurance
- Company vehicle provided when traveling
Construction quality control inspector job description
We are a leading provider of quality control inspection services for the construction industry. We are looking for a Quality Control Inspector to join our team.
- The Quality Control Inspector will be responsible for conducting inspections of construction projects to ensure that they are in compliance with all applicable codes and regulations.
- The Quality Control Inspector will also be responsible for maintaining accurate records of all inspections performed.
- The Quality Control Inspector will report any violations or non-compliances observed during inspections to the appropriate authorities.
- In some cases, the Quality Control Inspector may be in need to testify in court regarding observations made during inspections.
The Successful Applicant:
- The successful applicant will have experience working as a quality control inspector in the construction industry.
- The successful applicant will have knowledge of applicable codes and regulations governing construction projects.
- The successful applicant must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Salary + benefits
A construction inspector is a professional who is responsible for ensuring that a construction project is proceeding as per the approved plans and that the quality of materials and workmanship meets the required standards. If you are looking for a career in construction inspection, then this job description will give you a good idea of what duties and responsibilities you will be expected to perform.