A construction laborer is an important member of a construction team, responsible for performing a variety of tasks at a construction site. These tasks may include preparing the site for construction, unloading and organizing materials, and assisting other team members with various tasks. This blog contains some Construction Laborer Job Description templates to help you in your career.
Construction laborers typically work full-time hours, and the job can be physically demanding. It is important for construction laborers to be reliable, able to follow instructions, and possess basic math and problem-solving skills. If you are interested in a career in construction and have a strong work ethic, this job could be a great fit for you.
Responsibilities of a Construction Laborer
The responsibilities of a construction laborer vary depending on the specific project. In general, however, construction laborers can expect to perform the following tasks:
- excavate trenches for footings and utilities
- set forms for footings and walls
- install sewer, water, and storm drain pipes
- mix concrete and assist with pouring footings and walls
- erect scaffolding
- clean up debris
- assist carpenters, masons, and other tradespeople as needed.
Roles & Duties of a Construction Laborer
The role of a construction laborer is to support the lead tradespeople on a construction site. Their duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Preparing the site for construction
- digging trenches
- setting braces
- cleaning up debris
- operating machinery
- performing manual labor tasks as needed.
Salary of Construction Laborer:
- Construction Laborers earn a median annual salary of $33,450 .
- Salaries typically start from $25,320 and go up to $46,040 .
- With experience, some Construction Laborers may earn salaries exceeding $60,000 per year.
- Benefits typically include health insurance and paid time off.
Construction Laborer Job Description
We are a market leader in the construction industry with a strong focus on safety and quality. As we have been in business for over 50 years and have an excellent reputation in the industry. We are looking for a Construction Laborer to join our team.
- The Construction Laborer will be responsible for performing various tasks on construction sites.
- They will be required to lift, carry, and hold materials, tools, and equipment.
- The Construction Laborer will also be responsible for cleaning up construction sites after work is completed.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
The Successful Applicant:
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds unassisted
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, and stoop for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred but not required
- Excellent pay and benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
Construction worker job description
We are a general contractor specializing in commercial construction projects. As we have been in business for over 20 years and have an excellent reputation in the industry. We are currently seeking a Project Manager to join our team.
- The Project Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of the construction process from start to finish.
- This includes pre-construction planning, coordination with architects and engineers, procurement of materials, scheduling of workers, and quality control.
- The Project Manager will also be responsible for ensuring that the project stays on budget and is completed on time.
- In addition, the Project Manager will be required to maintain good communication with all stakeholders involved in the project.
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of 5 years experience working as a Project Manager in the construction industry is required.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or architecture is preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication skills are essential for this role.
- The ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously is also critical.
- This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits package including health insurance and 401k matching.
Concrete laborer job description
Concrete Laborer will work for a general contractor on various construction sites. The Concrete Laborer is responsible for performing tasks involving physical labor at construction sites. May operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments.
Other duties may include cleaning and preparing sites, digging trenches, setting braces to support the sides of excavations, erecting scaffolding, clean up after completed projects.
- Assist in the placement of concrete forms for walls, columns or slabs according to blueprint specifications using clamps and jackhammers
- Erect scaffolding as needed
- Signal equipment’s operators to facilitate alignment, movement or adjustment of machinery, equipment or materials
- Spread mortar between layers of block or brick using trowels in order to build masonry wall structures
- Build wooden forms or metal forms used to hold concrete in place while it dries
- Remove excess concrete from finish work using chisels and hand tools with care not to damage surface areas that are supposed to remain smooth
- Clean job site daily including but not limited too sweeping , mopping , picking up debris etc.
The Successful Applicant:
- Ability to lift heavy objects repeatedly throughout the day (50+lbs)
- Comfortable working long hours in hot/cold weather conditions as well as being able to stand/bend/kneel for long periods of time
- Experience working with power tools such as jackhammers , drills etc. is in need but not necessary.
- This is a full time position that offers health benefits , vacation days & sick days .
- Salary is based on experience.
Road construction worker job description
We are one of the largest employers in the construction industry, with a long history of successful projects across North America. We’re looking for experienced Road Construction Workers to join our team and help us build the future.
- As a Road Construction Worker, you will be responsible for performing various tasks to construct and maintain roads.
- You will operate equipment such as excavators, graders, and pavers, as well as perform manual labor tasks such as digging, raking, and shoveling.
- You will also be responsible for setting up traffic control signs and devices, and ensuring that the work site is safe for both workers and motorists.
- Successful candidates will have previous experience working on road construction projects.
- A valid driver’s license is in need.
The Successful Applicant:
- Previous experience working on road construction projects
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to operate heavy machinery
- Strong physical fitness
- Competitive salary + benefits
I hope you found this blog helpful in coming up with the perfect Construction Laborer Job Description. A construction laborer plays a crucial role in the construction industry by performing a variety of tasks on construction sites. They are responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of construction projects by assisting skilled workers, handling materials, and maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
If you have interest in this position, you should possess physical stamina, attention to detail, and the ability to work effectively as part of a team. With hard work and dedication, a career as a construction laborer can be both rewarding and fulfilling.