The construction superintendent is a central figure on any construction project. Superintendents are responsible for ensuring that the project is built according to the plans and specifications, on schedule, and within budget. This Blog Includes some of the top Construction Superintendent Job Description samples which will help you succeed in your career.
Superintendents must maintain a safe work environment, resolve conflicts among the various trades, and keep the owner informed of the project’s progress. Here is a closer look at the roles, responsibilities, and expectations of a construction superintendent
Roles and Responsibilities for Construction Superintendent:
Construction superintendents typically have a four-year degree in engineering or construction management, although some jobs may only require a high school diploma or equivalent. Superintendents must also have several years of experience working on construction projects.
The specific roles and responsibilities of a construction superintendent vary depending on the size and scope of the project. However, there are some common duties that all superintendents must perform, including:
- Reviewing plans and specifications to develop a clear understanding of the project
- Coordinating with the project manager to develop the project schedule
- Developing a site layout and infrastructure plan
- Organizing and scheduling the delivery of materials to the jobsite
- Coordinating the activities of the various tradespeople working on the project
- Ensuring that all work is performed in accordance with local building codes and regulations
- Inspecting work during each phase of construction to ensure that it meets quality standards
- Maintaining accurate records of work completed and materials used
- Addressing safety concerns and resolving conflict among workers
Construction Superintendent Job Description
We are a successful and well-established general contractor in the New York City area. As we have been in business for over 50 years and have an excellent reputation in the industry. We are known for their high-quality workmanship and attention to detail. We are seeking a Construction Superintendent to join our team.
The Construction Superintendent will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of construction projects from start to finish. He or she will ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the highest standards of quality.
The Construction Superintendent will also be responsible for safety on the job site, as well as coordinating with subcontractors and other members of the construction team.
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working as a Construction Superintendent or a similar role
- Extensive knowledge of construction methods and materials
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- The ability to stay organized and multitask
- A valid drivers license
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Benefits package including health insurance and 401k
Assistant superintendent construction job description
We are a general contractor specializing in healthcare, senior living, and commercial construction projects. We are looking for an Assistant Superintendent to join our team in the Bay Area.
This person will be responsible for assisting the on-site project superintendent with all aspects of day-to-day operations on a large healthcare construction project.
The Assistant Superintendent will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Assist with site layout and excavation
- Schedule and coordinate subcontractors and deliveries
- Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with safety regulations
- Monitor quality control of materials and workmanship
- Keep track of daily production reports
- Communicate regularly with the project superintendent, project manager, and other members of the project team
The Successful Applicant:
- 3+ years of experience working as an assistant superintendent or similar role on large commercial construction projects ($50M+)
- Strong knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- This is a direct hire opportunity offering a competitive salary & benefits package including medical/dental/vision insurance and 401k.
Commercial construction superintendent job description
We are a national general contractor specializing in commercial construction projects. As we have been in business for over 50 years and have an excellent reputation in the industry. We are headquartered in Chicago, but have projects all over the country.
- The superintendent is responsible for onsite coordination for all phases of commercial construction projects from pre-construction through closeout.
- He or she will oversee subcontractors, material deliveries, and project schedules to ensure that the project is completed on time and within budget.
- Additionally, the superintendent will be responsible for safety on the jobsite and ensuring that all OSHA regulations are being followed.
- Other duties include supervising site personnel, maintaining communication with clients, architects, and engineers, and resolving any issues that arise during construction.
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working as a superintendent on commercial construction projects is in need for this position.
- Experience with both new construction and renovation projects is preferred.
- The ability to read blueprints and plans is essential.
- Strong communication skills are also necessary as the superintendent will be communicating with multiple parties on a daily basis.
- This is a full-time position with competitive pay and benefits including health insurance and 401k matching.
Residential construction superintendent job description
We are a national homebuilder with a reputation for quality and customer satisfaction. We are currently seeking an experienced Residential Construction Superintendent to join our team in the Greater Phoenix area.
The Superintendent will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the construction process from start to finish, ensuring that homes are ready on schedule and to the company’s high standards.
- Oversee all aspects of the construction process from start to finish, including coordination of trades, scheduling, quality control, budgeting, and customer service
- Ensure that homes are on schedule and to the company’s high standards
- Maintain effective communication with clients throughout the construction process
- Resolve any issues that arise during construction in a timely and efficient manner
- Inspect homes during various stages of construction to ensure quality control
- Manage punch list items and warranty requests once construction is complete
- Attend weekly meetings with project managers, sales staff, and other relevant parties
- Perform additional duties as required by management.
The Successful Applicant:
- 5+ years of experience as a Residential Construction Superintendent or similar role
- Strong knowledge of residential construction methods and materials
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to stay organized and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Valid driver’s license.
- This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Residential Construction Superintendent to join a well-established homebuilder in the Greater Phoenix area.
- We offer competitive salary and benefits package, along with opportunities for career growth.
A construction superintendent plays a vital role in ensuring that a construction project is being complete on time, within budget, and according to plan. If you are considering a career in construction management, then you should have a four-year degree in engineering or construction management as well as several years of experience working on construction projects.
Keep in mind that the specific roles and responsibilities of a construction superintendent vary depending on the size and scope of the project. However, there are some common duties that all superintendents must perform. With this job description in mind, you can start your career as a construction superintendent today!