A construction supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operations of a construction site. They must ensure that all work is performed safely, on schedule, and within budget. This blog contains some of the best Construction Supervisor Job Description samples which will help you succeed in your career.
Construction supervisors typically have experience working in the construction industry as carpenters, electricians, plumbers, or other trades people. The construction supervisor role is a critical one, as they are responsible for ensuring the safety of all workers on site and for coordinating the work of sub-contractors.
In order to be successful in this role, construction supervisors must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
Duties and Responsibilities Of Construction Supervisor:
The construction supervisor job description includes the following duties and responsibilities:
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of a construction site
- Ensuring that the project is completed on time, within budget, and to the required specifications
- Ensuring the safety of all workers on site
- Coordinating the work of sub-contractors
- Communicating with clients, architects, engineers, and other professionals as required
- Reviewing plans and drawings to ensure that they are accurate and comply with all relevant codes and regulations
- Resolving any problems that arise during construction
- Prepare reports as required
Construction Supervisor Salary:
- The average salary for a construction supervisor is $85,000 per year. Salaries will vary depending on experience, education, and location.
Construction Supervisor Job Description
We are a general contractor specializing in commercial, industrial and institutional construction. We are looking for a Construction Supervisor to join our team in the Greater Toronto Area.
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the construction site
- Supervising and coordinating the activities of subcontractors and tradespeople
- Ensuring that work is completed according to schedule, budget and quality standards
- Liaising with project managers, engineers, architects and owners
- Maintaining safety standards on site
- Coordinating material and equipment deliveries to the job site
- Keeping accurate records of work completed and hours worked by employees and subcontractors
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a Construction Supervisor or a similar role
- A valid drivers license
- Extensive experience in commercial, industrial or institutional construction projects
- A competitive salary based on experience
- Benefits package including health, dental and vision coverage
- RRSP contribution matching program
Construction manager job description
We are a well-known and respected name in the construction industry. As we have been in business for over 50 years and are a leading provider of construction services. We are headquarter in the United States and have offices in Canada, Europe, Asia, and South America.
We offer a full range of construction services, from project management to design-build, and are committ to providing the highest quality of service to our clients.
The Construction Manager will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the construction process, from pre-construction through closeout. He or she will collaborate with the project team to develop the project schedule and budget, and will ensure that all work is completed on time, within budget, and to the highest standards of quality.
The Construction Manager will also be responsible for ensuring that all safety regulations are followed during the course of the project. In addition, he or she will be required to maintain excellent communication with both internal and external stakeholders throughout the duration of the project.
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a construction management role
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or architecture
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to work effectively under pressure
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Competitive salary + benefits
Construction site supervisor job description
We are a top commercial general contractor in the United States. We have been in business for over 50 years and specialize in Healthcare, Higher Education, K-12, Data Centers, Federal/Government, Office Buildings, Hospitality, Manufacturing & Industrial and more.
The Construction Site Supervisor is responsible for supervising all onsite construction work in accordance with company policies and procedures as well as local building codes. He/she will oversee the day-to-day operations of construction sites to ensure that work is perform safely, on schedule and within budget while maintaining high quality standards.
The Construction Site Supervisor will also be responsible for training and mentoring site staff. Other duties include but not limit to:
- Reviewing project plans and specifications with site staff
- Overseeing the ordering of materials and supplies
- Scheduling site inspections by city or state officials
- Supervising onsite personnel and subcontractors
- Ensuring that all safety regulations are being follow.
- Investigating accidents or incidents at job sites
- Addressing any concerns or issues raised by employees or clients
The Successful Applicant:
- Education: The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture or related field
- 4+ years of experience working in commercial construction
- Combination of education and relevant experience totaling 8 years.
Skills & Experience Required:
- You must also be detail oriented with strong problem solving abilities.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Project Management software such as Procore
- Ability to read blueprints
- Strong leadership qualities
- OSHA 10 hour certification preferred but not required
- Compensation package includes a competitive salary + full benefits (medical/dental/vision). 401k matching program + PTO + company paid holidays are also as a offer.
- Relocation assistance may be available for qualified candidates moving more than 50 miles from their current residence.
Road construction supervisor job description
We are a national general contractor with an extensive history of delivering high quality construction projects across the United States. We are well-known for their work in the highway and heavy civil construction industries, as well as their expertise in concrete placement and paving operations.
Our company has been in business for over 50 years and has a reputation for safety, quality, and customer satisfaction.
The road construction supervisor will be responsible for the supervision of a crew engage in the construction of highways, roads, bridges, or other related structures. He or she will oversee the daily activities of the crew to ensure that all work is being perform safely and in accordance with applicable regulations and standards.
The supervisor will also be responsible for maintaining accurate records of time worked, material used, and equipment utilized. Other duties may include training new employees, scheduling work shifts, and coordinating with other contractors or agencies involved in the project.
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience supervising crews engaged in highway or heavy civil construction projects
- A valid driver’s license
- OSHA 10-hour certification
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- This is a full-time position offering a competitive salary and benefits package including medical insurance, 401k matching, paid vacation days, and more.
The construction supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operations of a construction site. Their duties include ensuring that all work is being perform safely, on schedule, and within budget. Construction supervisors typically have experience working in the construction industry as carpenters, electricians, plumbers, or other tradespeople. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the construction industry, consider becoming a construction supervisor.