The development director is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the development department. In this blog we have provided some of the top Development Director Job Description examples which may help you finding the best for you.
In this role, the development director manages a team of developers and is responsible for the department’s budget. The development director also works closely with other departments to ensure that the company’s products are developed on time and within budget.
What Does a Development Director Do?
The development director oversees the day-to-day operations of the development department. In this role, the development director manages a team of developers and is responsible for the department’s budget. The director also works closely with other departments to ensure that the company’s products are developed on time and within budget.
The development director job description also includes working with the sales and marketing teams to ensure that the products developed by the department meet customer needs and market demands. The development director is also responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with external partners, such as vendors and contractors.
What are the Responsibilities of a Development Director?
The responsibilities of a development director include, but are not limited to, managing the day-to-day operations of the development department, overseeing the department’s budget, working closely with other departments to ensure that products are developed on time and within budget, and developing and maintaining relationships with external partners.
What Is the Salary of a Development Director?
The salary of a Development Director can vary depending on experience, education, skills, and geographical location. According to salary.com, the median annual salary for a Development Director in the United States is $145,858.
Development Director Job Description
We are a market leading organization who are going through an exciting period of change and growth. We are now looking for a Development Director to join our team on a permanent basis.
- The Development Director will be responsible for leading the development function and team, ensuring that all products are delivered on time, within budget and to the required quality standards.
- You will also be responsible for managing relationships with third party suppliers, as well as taking ownership of the software development lifecycle.
- In addition to this, you will also line manage a number of direct reports, providing mentorship and guidance where needed.
- As the Development Director, you will also have input into strategy formulation and decision making at board level. This is a highly visible role within the organisation which offers real scope for career progression.
The Successful Applicant:
- To be considered for this role you must have previous experience working in a similar position within the software development industry, along with experience of managing direct reports.
- You should also have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as strong problem solving abilities.
- It is also essential that you have experience of working with Agile methodology and CI/CD toolsets such as Jenkins or TeamCity.
- Experience of public cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure would be beneficial but is not essential for this role.
- Finally, it is important that you hold a relevant degree or professional qualification in computer science or software engineering
- Salary up to £85000 per annum DOE
- Benefits package including pension scheme and private healthcare
- Remote working options available 1 day per week
Business development director job description
We are a market leader in their field with an excellent reputation. We are looking for an experienced Business Development Director to join our team and help them continue their growth.
This is a great opportunity to join a company that offers good career progression opportunities and the chance to work on some interesting projects.
- The Business Development Director will be responsible for leading and managing the business development function.
- They will be tasked with developing and implementing strategies to increase market share and grow the business.
- The successful candidate will have experience of working in a similar role within a professional services environment.
- They will be able to demonstrate an ability to identify new business opportunities and convert them into sales.
- In addition, they will possess excellent people management skills and be able to motivate and lead a team of Business Development Executives.
- The role also requires excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
The Successful Applicant:
- Must have experience of working in a similar role within a professional services environment
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to identify new business opportunities and convert them into sales
- Excellent people management skills are essential
- Must possess excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Salary up to £80,000 per annum plus bonus and benefits
Head of business development job description
We are one of the world’s most respected banks, with a presence in over 70 countries and a 150-year history. We are looking for an experienced business development professional to drive growth in their North American division.
This is a highly visible role within the organization, with regular interaction with senior management. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success in business development and be able to operate independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop and implement strategies to grow market share and increase revenues in North America
- Identify new business opportunities and build relationships with key decision makers
- Negotiate and close deals with clients
- Prepare proposals, presentations, and sales materials
- Monitor industry trends and competitor activity
- Achieve quarterly and annual targets set by management
The Successful Applicant:
- 7+ years of experience in business development or sales, preferably in the financial services industry
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Competitive salary + bonus
- Benefits package including health insurance, 401k match, etc.
- Opportunities for career growth within a global organization
Director of product development job description
We are a leading provider of maritime services and they are currently looking for an Assistant Crane Operator to join our team in Houston, TX.
- The Assistant Crane Operator will be responsible for assisting the Chief Mate with loading and unloading operations.
- He or she will also be responsible for maintaining the crane and ensuring that it is in good working condition at all times.
- Other duties include maintaining the deck area around the crane and participating in safety drills.
- The successful candidate will have previous experience working on a crane or similar heavy machinery.
The Successful Applicant:
- Must have previous experience working on a crane or similar heavy machinery.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
- Salary is based on experience.
The Development Director is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of a company’s product development department. In this role, they manage budgets and schedules while working with other departments to ensure successful product launches.
If you’re interested in becoming a Development Director, research what education and experience you’ll need along with what you can expect in terms of job duties and salary.