A digital marketing manager’s job responsibilities cover a lot of ground. They may include managing a team of marketing specialists, developing and executing marketing plans, overseeing social media and email campaigns, and more. The duties and roles of a digital marketing manager will vary from company to company, but there are some common elements. In this blog post, we’ll take a look at what a typical digital marketing manager job description might entail.
A digital marketing manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing marketing campaigns that promote a company’s products and services. They play a pivotal role in increasing brand awareness and sales through the use of various digital channels such as social media, email, and search engine optimization (SEO).
Digital marketing managers typically have a bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field. They also have experience working in advertising, public relations, or web development. In addition to strong communication and organizational skills, digital marketing managers must be creative problem-solvers who are able to think outside the box.
Duties and Responsibilities
The specific duties and responsibilities of a digital marketing manager will vary from company to company. However, there are some common elements that are typically included in most job descriptions. These include:
- Developing and executing marketing plans: A big part of a digital marketing manager’s job is developing detailed marketing plans that promote a company’s products or services. This includes identifying targeted audiences, crafting effective messages, choosing the right mix of channels (e.g., social media, email, SEO), and setting budgets.
- Managing campaigns: Once a plan is in place, it’s up to the digital marketing manager to see that it’s executed effectively. This includes managing campaigns on various digital channels, monitoring results, making changes as needed, and reporting on progress to upper management.
- Overseeing social media: Social media is one of the most important tools in a digital marketer’s toolkit. A good digital marketing manager will have experience managing social media accounts for businesses and will be well-versed in best practices for each platform (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). This includes creating engaging content, building relationships with influencers, monitoring metrics, and more.
- Creating email campaigns: Email is another valuable channel for reaching customers and driving sales. A digital marketing manager will often be responsible for developing email campaigns that promote special offers or drive traffic to specific landing pages. This includes segmenting lists, writing compelling copy, designing attractive email templates, A/B testing subject lines/content/calls-to-action, and more.
- Analyzing data: In order to continually improve results, it’s important to regularly analyze data related to past campaigns. This includes things like website traffic statistics, conversion rates, click-through rates, bounce rates, etc. A good digital marketing manager will be comfortable working with data analytics tools like Google Analytics and will know how to interpret results correctly.
Digital Marketing Manager Job Description
We are an award-winning, rapidly growing B2B SaaS company. As we have been featured in Forbes, Wall Street Journal, TechCrunch, and other top-tier publications. Our platform enables companies to improve our sales productivity and accelerate their revenue growth.
The Digital Marketing Manager will be responsible for executing on the marketing strategy with a focus on demand generation through digital channels such as paid advertising, SEO/SEM, social media, email marketing, and webinars/events.
This role will work closely with the Head of Marketing to develop and execute campaigns that drive awareness and generate high-quality leads that result in new business opportunities. The ideal candidate has experience working in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Manage all aspects of digital marketing campaigns from start to finish including planning, budgeting, execution, tracking, optimization, and reporting
- Develop and execute strategies to generate demand through paid advertising (e.g., Google Ads), SEM/SEO initiatives, social media campaigns (e.g., LinkedIn), email marketing programs (e.g., Marketo), webinars/events (e.g., GoToWebinar)
- Monitor campaign performance metrics on a regular basis and make recommendations for improvements based on data analysis
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including product marketing, content marketing, field marketing, sales enablement & operations to ensure successful execution of integrated campaigns across all channels
- Stay up-to-date on latest industry trends & best practices; proactively identify new opportunities for lead generation & customer acquisition
The Successful Applicant:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- Experience: 5+ years’ experience in B2B technology marketing with a focus on demand generation
- Strong understanding of digital marketing concepts & best practices
- Hands-on experience managing digital marketing campaigns (ideally within a SaaS company)
- Proficient in Google Analytics & other reporting tools
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated ability to use data to inform decisions
- Creative thinker with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Comfortable operating in a fast paced & rapidly changing environment
- Salary DOE + equity + benefits
Digital marketing account manager job description
We are a leading provider of digital marketing solutions. We work with some of the world’s largest brands and help them to reach their customers through innovative, data-driven marketing campaigns. Our company is expanding rapidly and is now looking for a Digital Marketing Account Manager to join our team.
As a Digital Marketing Account Manager, you will be responsible for managing and executing digital marketing campaigns for our clients. You will work closely with our team of designers, developers, and copywriters to create high-performing campaigns that meet our clients’ objectives.
In addition, you will be responsible for tracking campaign results and reporting back to clients on a regular basis. To be successful in this role, you should have experience working in a fast-paced environment and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
The Successful Applicant:
- 3+ years of experience working in digital marketing or a related field
- Experience managing large budgets and PPC campaigns
- Strong analytical skills and experience using Google Analytics
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present complex data in an easy-to-understand format
- High attention to detail and ability to work under pressure
- This is a full-time, remote position. Salary will be based on experience.
Online marketing manager job description
We are a market leader in the development and implementation of software for the qualitative data analysis industry. As we boast a 90% customer satisfaction rating and are utilized by organizations all over the world. We are currently seeking an Online Marketing Manager to join our team. This is a remote-based position with a highly competitive salary.
The Online Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing and executing marketing plans that drive customer acquisition and retention. Specifically, they will need to:
- Develop campaigns that generate leads and sales through multiple online channels including email, social media, display advertising, etc.
- Monitor campaign performance and adjust as necessary to achieve desired results
- Collaborate with other members of the marketing team to develop creative content that resonates with our target audience
- Stay up-to-date on latest trends and best practices in online marketing and lead generation
The Successful Applicant:
- 3+ years of experience in online marketing or lead generation
- Demonstrated ability to generate results through multiple online channels
- Strong analytical skills; able to track campaign performance and make necessary adjustments
- Excellent written communication skills; able to produce high quality creative content
- High energy level and positive attitude
- Competitive salary + bonus opportunity
Assistant digital marketing manager job description
We are a market leader in the financial services industry, our client is a global company with over 10,000 employees. We are looking for an Assistant Digital Marketing Manager to join our team and help drive growth in their digital channels.
- The Assistant Digital Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing and executing digital marketing campaigns to acquire new customers and grow existing customer relationships.
- This person will work closely with the Head of Digital Marketing to develop strategies that align with business goals and objectives.
- They will also be responsible for managing budgets, analyzing data, and reporting on campaign performance.
- Other duties include but are not limited to planning and executing email marketing campaigns, developing landing pages, and working with outside agencies on paid search and social media campaigns.
The Successful Applicant:
- 3+ years of experience in digital marketing, preferably within the financial services industry
- Strong analytical skills with experience using data to inform decision making
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Experience managing budgets and projects from start to finish
- Bachelors degree in marketing or related field preferred but not required
- Competitive salary + bonus potential – 401k match
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc.
- Generous PTO policy
A digital marketing manager plays an important role in any company by helping to develop and execute effective marketing plans that promote its products or services through various online channels such as social media or email campaigns.
If you’re considering pursuing this career path , make sure you have strong communication skills , are well-organized , creative , and have experience working with various digital marketing tools . Most importantly , you should be comfortable working with data so that you can effectively analyze campaign results and make necessary improvements .