Have you ever had the opportunity to dine out and noticed that your food comes out at just the right time, all hot and delicious? In this blog we have provided some of the best Food Expeditor Job Description examples to help you.
This specialized role in the restaurant industry involves ensuring that customers receive their meals quickly, correctly, and with the utmost care. If this sounds like a job you’d be interested in, read on to learn more about what it takes to become a Food Expeditor and what to add in Food Expeditor Job Description.
Job Responsibilities & Duties Of a Food Expeditor:
- The primary responsibility of a Food Expeditor is to ensure that food items come out of the kitchen in an orderly fashion.
- This includes coordinating with chefs and other kitchen staff, as well as communicating with servers regarding orders.
- The position also requires expeditors to double-check orders for accuracy and make sure they are complete before sending them out.
- Additionally, some expeditors may also be tasked with helping servers clear tables by removing dirty dishes or refilling drinks.
Job Requirements & Qualifications Of a Food Expeditor:
- Food Expeditors typically do not require any formal education or training beyond high school diploma or equivalent
- However, prior experience working in restaurants can be helpful when applying for these positions.
- Other qualifications include being physically fit enough to stand for long periods of time and ability to move around quickly in tight spaces.
- It is also important for expeditors to have excellent communication skills since they will need to work closely with both kitchen staff and servers every day.
Salary & Benefits For a Food Expeditor:
- On average, experienced Food Expeditors earn between $10-$18 per hour depending on location and experience level.
- Many restaurants offer benefits such as health insurance, vacation days, paid sick leave, flexible hours, free meals while on shift, etc., which can add significantly to one’s overall salary package.
Food Expeditor Job Description
We are a foodservice company that has been in business for over 50 years. We are looking for an experienced food expeditor to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced environment and be able to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Responsible for coordinating the flow of information between the kitchen and front of house staff
- Ensure that all orders are prepared in a timely and efficient manner
- Communicate with servers and chefs regarding order status and modifications
- Maintain accurate records of all orders placed
- Monitor food quality and take corrective action as necessary
- Assist with menu planning and development
- Other duties as assigned
The Successful Applicant
- Must have at least 2 years of experience working as a food expeditor or similar role
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Must be able to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- This is a full time, permanent position offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
Job Description of a Food Expeditor
We are a food company that is looking for a food expeditor. The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all orders are filled in a timely and accurate manner. The job description of a food expeditor also includes maintaining communication between the kitchen and front of house staff, as well as keeping track of inventory.
- Ensure that all orders are filled in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintain communication between the kitchen and front of house staff
- Keep track of inventory levels and order supplies as needed
- Assist in the preparation of food when necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager
The Successful Applicant:
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be able to multitask and stay organized under pressure
- Must be able to lift heavy boxes (up to 50 lbs) on occasion
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off
Restaurant Food Expeditor Job Description
We are Michelin-starred restaurant in the heart of downtown Los Angeles. We are looking for an experienced Food Expeditor to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a high-volume, fast-paced environment and will be able to maintain the highest standards of quality and service.
The Food Expeditor will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinating food orders from the kitchen to the dining room
- Ensuring that all food orders are prepared on time and meet the highest standards of quality
- Communicating with the kitchen staff to ensure that all orders are being prepared according to specifications
- Plating food orders according to instructions from the chef
- Checking completed orders for accuracy and making any necessary changes
- Delivering completed orders to the dining room in a timely manner
- Maintaining a clean and organized work area
- Adhering to all safety and sanitation regulations
The Successful Applicant:
In order to be considered for this role, candidates must possess the following:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working as a Food Expeditor in a high volume restaurant
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- The ability to multitask
- A positive attitude
- A commitment to excellence
- A passion for food!
- This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Food Expeditor to join a Michelin starred restaurant in downtown Los Angeles.
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Food Expeditor Job Description template
We are food production company that specializes in healthy and organic foods. We are a rapidly growing company with a strong focus on employee development and growth. And looking for a Food Expeditor to join our team and help them continue to grow and produce high-quality products.
The Food Expeditor will be responsible for ensuring that all orders are ready and shipped in a timely manner. They will also be responsible for communicating with customers, vendors, and other team members to ensure that all orders are being complete correctly. In addition, the Food Expeditor will be responsible for maintaining accurate records of all orders, invoices, and shipments.
The Successful Applicant:
- At least 2 years of experience working in food production or a related field
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Excellent organizational skills
- High attention to detail
- bachelor’s degree in food science or a related field preferred but not required
- Competitive salary based on experience level
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous paid time off policy
If you are looking for a job in the restaurant industry that allows you to keep things running smoothly from behind-the-scenes then being a Food Expeditor may fit for you! With its combination of fast-paced action and customer service interactions, this position offers a unique blend of challenges and rewards which makes it an exciting career option.
And best of all – no formal education beyond high school is in need so anyone can give it a try! So if this sounds like something you’d enjoy doing then why not start researching these jobs today? Who knows – maybe one day soon you could be managing restaurant operations from behind-the-scenes! Good luck!