A Front of House staff member is a vital part of any restaurant. They are responsible for maintaining the image and reputation of the establishment, as well as providing excellent customer service. It is important to hire a Front of House staff that is knowledgeable, reliable, and has great customer service skills. Let’s take a closer look at some of the essential qualities to consider when hiring a Front of House staff member. Here you get Everything You Need to Know About the Front of House Staff Job Description.
Job Responsibilities & Duties
The primary responsibility of a Front of House staff member is to ensure that customers have an enjoyable dining experience. This includes greeting customers upon arrival, seating them in their desired location, taking orders accurately and promptly, delivering food to the table in a timely manner, and ensuring that customers’ needs are met throughout their meals.
Additionally, they should be familiar with all menu items, promotions, and specials; able to answer questions about food preparation; provide beverage refills; clear tables; and process payments.
Requirements & Qualifications
Becoming a successful Front of House staff member requires knowledge, skill, and dedication. This position requires that employees possess strong customer service skills including active listening and problem-solving abilities.
It also requires good organizational skills such as multitasking while paying attention to detail and accuracy in order taking and payment processing. Lastly, familiarity with health codes such as proper food handling techniques will be necessary for this position.
Salary & Benefits
Front of House staff members is typically paid an hourly wage or salary depending on the size and type of restaurant they work for. Most restaurants offer benefits such as health insurance plans or vacation time after working there for a certain amount of time or reaching certain qualifications (i.e., number of hours worked). This position may also include tips from customers which can add additional income for employees who provide excellent service.
Front of House Staff Job Description
We are looking for an experienced and professional front-of-house staff to join our team. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in a high-end restaurant and will be able to provide 5* customer service at all times.
- Greeting guests as they arrive at the restaurant and seating them at their table
- Taking orders from customers and relaying them to the kitchen staff
- Serving food and drinks to customers
- Dealing with customer inquiries and complaints in a professional manner
- Ensuring that the dining area is kept clean and tidy at all times
- Assisting with setting up and clearing away tables before and after service
- Processing payments from customers
The Successful Applicant:
- Previous experience working in a high-end restaurant
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Competitive salary
- Meals on duty
- Uniform provided
Front of House Bar Staff Job Description
We are a high-end bar and restaurant in the heart of London. We are looking for experienced front-of-house staff to join our team.
- Greeting and seating guests in a courteous and professional manner.
- Taking orders for food and drink, ensuring that these are served promptly and efficiently.
- Providing an exemplary level of customer service at all times.
- Dealing with enquiries and complaints in a calm and efficient manner.
- upselling where possible to maximize revenue.
- Ensuring that the dining area is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Assist with setting up/closing down the restaurant as required.
- Adhere to health & safety regulations at all times.
The Successful Applicant:
- Previous experience working in a similar role within a high end establishment is essential;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- A strong focus on delivering outstanding levels of customer service;
- The ability to work well under pressure whilst remaining calm and efficient;
- An excellent team player who is also able to work using own initiative when necessary;
- Flexible approach to working hours as this role will include evenings, weekends and public holidays as required;
- Smart appearance and presentable at all times.
- Salary £9 per hour + tips + benefits
Theatre Front of House Manager Job Description
We are a small, but well-established theatre company in the heart of London’s West End. We produce a variety of shows, from musicals and plays to stand-up comedy and burlesque. Currently looking for a Front of House Manager to join our team on a permanent basis.
As Front of House Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the front of house operation at our client’s theatre. You will oversee all aspects of customer service, including ticketing, hospitality and security.
You will also be responsible for managing a team of front-of-house staff and ensuring that they provide an exemplary level of customer service at all times. In addition, you will be required to liaise with other departments within the theatre, such as marketing and technical, in order to ensure that all front-of-house operations run smoothly.
The Successful Applicant:
- The successful candidate will have previous experience working as a Front of House Manager or a similar role within the theatre industry.
- They will have excellent people management skills and experience dealing with customers on a daily basis.
- They will also be able to work well under pressure and have excellent organizational skills.
- Finally, they must have good communication skills and be able to work effectively as part of a team.
- This is an excellent opportunity to join a small but busy theatre company in the heart of London’s West End on a permanent basis.
- In return, our client is offering a competitive salary plus benefits.
Job Description Front of House Manager
The front of house manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the restaurant, including the dining room, bar, and kitchen. He or she oversees the staff and ensures that all customers have a positive dining experience. The front-of-house manager also handles customer complaints and works to resolve them in a timely manner.
- Responsible for overseeing the dining room, bar, and kitchen staff
- Ensure that all customers have a positive dining experience
- Handle customer complaints and work to resolve them in a timely manner
- Train new staff members
- Create work schedules for front of house staff
- Monitor inventory levels and order supplies as needed
- Keep up with trends in the food industry and adapt accordingly
The Successful Applicant will have:
- 3+ years of experience working in a restaurant as a server or manager
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Being part of the front-of-house team in a restaurant can be both challenging and rewarding! If you’re looking for an exciting job where you can interact with people from all walks of life then this might just be the job for you! In addition to having strong customer service skills.
it’s important to have knowledge about food preparation techniques as well as be organized and attentive to detail so that your customers have an enjoyable experience every time they come into your establishment! With these qualities combined with competitive wages and benefits, this could be the perfect job opportunity you’ve been looking for!