There’s more to being a gunsmith than just knowing how to shoot. A gunsmith is a highly skilled craftsman who designs, builds, repairs, and modifies firearms. Gunsmiths must have a keen eye for detail, excellent hand-eye coordination, and steady hands. They must also be able to work with small tools and be comfortable using machines such as lathes and milling machines. If you’re interested in becoming a gunsmith, read on to learn more about the Gunsmith Job Description, duties, requirements, and salary.
Gunsmiths are responsible for designing, building, repairing, and modifying firearms. They often work with customers to create custom firearms or modify existing firearms to meet the customer’s needs. Gunsmiths must have a keen eye for detail and excellent hand-eye coordination. They must also be able to work with small tools and be comfortable using machines such as lathes and milling machines.
Gunsmiths often work with customers to create custom firearms or modify existing firearms to meet the customer’s needs. They must be able to understand the customer’s needs and specifications and translate them into a design that can be manufactured. Gunsmiths must also be able to troubleshoot problems that arise during the manufacturing process and make corrections as needed. In addition, gunsmiths must keep up with new technologies and trends in the industry so that they can offer their customers the latest and greatest products and services.
To become a gunsmith, you will need a high school diploma or equivalent. You will also need to complete an apprenticeship or formal training program. Many gunsmiths complete an associate’s degree or certificate program in gunsmithing from a trade school or community college. In addition, most gunsmiths are required to pass a background check due to the nature of their work.
The median annual salary for gunsmiths is $37,000. The top 10% of earners make more than $58,000 per year while the bottom 10% earn less than $21,000 per year. Gunsmiths in the top 10% of earners usually have years of experience or advanced training while those in the bottom 10% usually have little to no experience. (Data from bls.gov)
Gunsmith Job Description
We are a world-renowned gunsmith, specializing in the customization and creation of high-end firearms. We have been in business for over 50 years, and their products are used by military, law enforcement, and private individuals all over the world. Currently we are looking for an experienced gunsmith to join our team.
- The gunsmith will be responsible for the assembly, customization, and repair of firearms.
- They will work with a variety of materials, including metals, wood, and plastics.
- The gunsmith will be required to use a variety of tools, both hand and power tools.
- They will also need to have a strong understanding of firearm mechanics.
- The gunsmith will be expected to keep up with new products and technologies in the industry.
- They will also be required to maintain accurate records of all work performed.
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a gunsmith is required.
- Experience working with high-end firearms is preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree in Gunsmithing or a related field is preferred but not required.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
Offer Details: This is a full time position that offers health insurance, paid vacation days, and 401k options
Senior Gunsmith Job Description
We are a market leader in the firearms industry, with a rich history dating back to the 1800s. Today, we are a global organization with over 3,000 employees and 10 manufacturing facilities across the United States. We offer a wide range of products for both commercial and military customers, including handguns, rifles, shotguns, and ammunition.
- The Senior Gunsmith will be responsible for performing complex repairs and modifications on firearms, as well as fabricating parts from scratch when necessary.
- In addition to general gunsmithing skills, the Senior Gunsmith must have experience with CNC machining and welding.
- The Senior Gunsmith will also be responsible for training junior gunsmiths and providing technical support to other departments within the company.
- This is a full-time position with occasional overtime required.
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a gunsmith is required for this position.
- Experience with CNC machining and welding is essential.
- The ability to train junior gunsmiths and provide technical support to other departments is also required.
Competitive salary and benefits package
Gunsmith Job Description Template
We are a gunsmithing company that has been in business for over 20 years. We are a family-owned and operated business, and we take pride in their work. And offer a wide range of services, from custom gunsmithing to repairs and maintenance. We are looking for an experienced gunsmith to join our team.
- The gunsmith will be responsible for performing a variety of tasks, including but not limited to: cleaning, repairing, and assembling firearms.
- The gunsmith will also be responsible for providing customer service, as well as maintaining inventory levels and ordering supplies as needed.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working in a gun shop or related field, and will possess strong customer service skills.
The Successful Applicant:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have experience working in a gun shop or related field
- Must possess strong customer service skills
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Salary is based on experience
- Full benefits package including health insurance and 401k
Gunsmith Job Description For Resume
We are a global leader in the design and manufacture of firearms, ammunition, and related products for the hunting, shooting sports, and law enforcement markets.
- The Gunsmith will be responsible for performing all aspects of gunsmithing including but not limited to repair, customization, and assembly/disassembly of firearms.
- He or she will also be responsible for providing excellent customer service and maintaining a high level of accuracy and quality control in all work performed.
- Other duties may include assisting with inventory control, sales, marketing, and product development.
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience working as a gunsmith or in a related field such as firearms manufacturing or retail sales. He or she must be able to effectively communicate with customers and maintain a positive attitude even under pressure. A strong attention to detail is essential.
The Successful Applicant:
- Previous experience working as a gunsmith or in a related field such as firearms manufacturing or retail sales
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.
- Paid vacation days
A career as a gunsmith can be both rewarding and challenging. If you have interest to become a gunsmith, you’ll need a high school diploma or equivalent, completion of an apprenticeship or formal training program, and passing of a background check . The median annual salary for gunsmiths is $37 , 000 , but those in the top 10% of earners make more than $58 , 000 per year . If you’re up for the challenge , then a career as a gunsmith might be right for you .
We hope this job description has provided valuable insights into the role of a Gunsmith. But still, If you have any further questions or would like to learn more about other job descriptions, we invite you to visit our website and leave a comment. Your feedback is always appreciating.