Are you fascinated by the mechanics of helicopters and have a passion for keeping them in top working condition? Then a career as a helicopter mechanic might be the perfect fit for you! In this blog we have provided some of the best Helicopter Mechanic Job Description Templates which will help you choosing the right for you
As a helicopter mechanic, you will be responsible for performing maintenance, repairs, and inspections on a variety of helicopters. This includes tasks such as replacing parts, troubleshooting issues, and conducting safety checks. The job requires a combination of technical knowledge and mechanical skills, as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
It is also important to keep up with industry developments and regulations to ensure that the helicopters are operating safely and efficiently. With the increasing demand for air transportation, this is a challenging and rewarding career with potential for growth and advancement.
Education & Certification Requirements For a Helicopter Mechanic
- Most employers require helicopter mechanics to have at least a high school diploma or GED.
- However, many companies prefer applicants who have completed an aviation maintenance technician program at an FAA-approved school.
- Upon completion of an Aviation Maintenance Technician School program, candidates must then pass an exam administered by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in order to receive their certification.
Tools of the Trade Of a Helicopter Mechanic
- Helicopter mechanics use a variety of tools in order to do their jobs effectively.
- These tools include everything from hand tools like wrenches and screwdrivers to more specialized equipment like torque meters and vibration analyzers.
- In addition to being familiar with these tools, helicopter mechanics must also know how to use computers since they extensively use computer-based manuals as well as diagnostic software during their repairs.
Average Salary Of a Helicopter Mechanic
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual salary for aircraft mechanics and service technicians was $64,090 in 2019.
- The lowest 10 percent earned less than $37,860 while the highest 10 percent earned more than $101,430 per year.
- Keep in mind that experience level and geographic location can play a role in salary as well—mechanics with more experience tend to earn higher salaries while those working in major metropolitan areas tend to earn more than those working in rural areas.
Job Outlook Of a Helicopter Mechanic
- The outlook for this career is good—the Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that employment of aircraft mechanics and service technicians will grow 4 percent from 2019 to 2029.
- This growth is about average when compared to other occupations but is being driven by increased air travel as well as the retirement of baby boomers from this field.
Helicopter Mechanic Job Description
We are a world leader in providing helicopter services. We offer a wide range of services including air medical transportation, emergency response, disaster relief, firefighting support, oil and gas transport, search and rescue missions, and more.
With over 50 years of experience, they have become the go-to choice for many organizations and individuals who need reliable and safe helicopter services.
- Perform scheduled/unscheduled maintenance on aircraft engines and components according to company procedures and FAA regulations
- Inspect aircraft systems and components for wear or defects using visual inspection methods and testing equipment
- Troubleshoot aircraft mechanical problems using diagnostic tools such as schematics or manuals
- Repair or replace defective parts using hand tools, power tools, or welding equipment
- Test repaired systems or new installations to ensure proper functioning prior to release back to service
- Comply with all safety procedures when working on aircrafts or around hangar areas
The Successful Applicant will have:
- A&P license highly preferred but not required
- 3+ years of experience working on helicopters
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to read blueprints/schematics
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- This is a direct hire opportunity offering competitive pay and benefits.
- Salary will be based on experience.
Senior Helicopter Mechanic Job Description
We are a leader in the helicopter industry, with a wide range of products and services that support both military and commercial customers worldwide. We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Helicopter Mechanic to join our team.
- The Senior Helicopter Mechanic will be responsible for performing maintenance, repairs, and overhauls on a variety of helicopters.
- This individual will also troubleshoot problems, perform inspections, and maintain records of all work performed.
- In addition, the Senior Helicopter Mechanic will provide training and guidance to less experienced mechanics as needed.
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working as a helicopter mechanic is required for this role.
- Extensive knowledge of helicopter systems is essential.
- The ability to read and interpret technical manuals is also required.
- A valid driver’s license is necessary.
- Competitive salary
- Generous benefits package
- 401k plan
- Excellent career growth potential
Helicopter Mechanic Job Description Template
We are a helicopter charter company that is looking for an experienced and certified mechanic to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working on helicopters and be able to provide their own tools.
- Maintain, repair, and overhaul aircraft systems and components in accordance with manuals, blueprints, and other engineering data
- Perform scheduled maintenance checks on aircraft systems and components
- Conduct pre-flight, post-flight, and daily inspections of aircraft systems and components
- Troubleshoot malfunctions in aircraft systems and components using test equipment such as multimeters, circuit testers, manometers, etc.
- Repair or replace defective parts in aircraft systems and components using hand tools, power tools, machines, welding equipment, etc.
- Assemble new or repaired parts into complete units using hand tools or power tools
- Test assembled units to ensure proper functioning according to specifications
- Keep accurate records of maintenance activities performed on each aircraft
- Comply with all safety regulations when handling fuel, lubricants, chemicals, etc.
The Successful Applicant:
- A&P license
- 5+ years’ experience working on helicopters
- Own Tools
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to read blueprints & technical manuals
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
Helicopter Mechanic Job Description For Resume
We are a leader in the design, manufacture, and support of military helicopters. We pride ourselves on being at the forefront of technology and providing their employees with opportunities for career growth.
- The Helicopter Mechanic will be responsible for performing maintenance on a variety of aircraft.
- This will include but is not limited to scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs.
- The Mechanic will also be responsible for keeping accurate records of all work performed.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
The Successful Applicant:
- A&P License preferred but not required.
- 3+ years experience working on helicopters.
- Must have own tools.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance available after 60 days of employment.
- 401k with company match available after 1 year of employment
Are you fascinated by the mechanics of flight and the inner workings of helicopters? A career as a helicopter mechanic may be the perfect fit for you! These highly skilled professionals are responsible for maintaining and repairing the complex systems of helicopters, ensuring they are safe and operational for flight.
As a helicopter mechanic, you will be responsible for performing regular inspections, troubleshooting and repairing any issues that arise, and performing routine maintenance on the aircraft. This can include tasks such as replacing parts, adjusting or replacing avionics systems, and testing the aircraft’s systems before flight. The job requires a combination of mechanical and technical skills, and often requires a strong background in mathematics and physics. Additionally, helicopter mechanics must have a strong attention to detail and the ability to work with precision, as even small errors can have serious consequences.