An HVAC service technician installs, maintains, and repairs heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems. They work on both residential and commercial projects. In this blog we have provided some of the top HVAC Service Technician Job Description examples which may help you.
Many times they are self-employed or work for a small company. Some technicians may even work for the HVAC manufacturer or distributor. No matter where they work, they need to be up-to-date on the latest technology and understand how to properly maintain each system.
Responsibilities Of a HVAC Service Technician
- An HVAC service technician has many responsibilities.
- They must install, maintain, and repair HVAC systems.
- This includes ductwork, insulation, chillers, vents, controls, and more.
- They also need to keep up with the latest technology so that they can properly maintain each system.
- In addition, they need to be able to troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
Duties Of a HVAC Service Technician
- An HVAC service technician has several duties. They must be able to read blueprints in order to properly install each system.
- They also need to know how to use various hand tools and power tools.
- In addition, they need to be able to operate a computer in order to keep up with the latest technology.
- Furthermore, they need to be able to effectively communicate with customers in order to troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
Requirements Of a HVAC Service Technician
- In order to become an HVAC service technician, one must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- They must also complete an accredited training program.
- Furthermore, they must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record. Finally, they must pass a background check and drug test.
- The job of an HVAC service technician can be very rewarding. It is important to have the proper training and education in order to be successful in this field.
- With the right knowledge and skillset, you can have a long and prosperous career as an HVAC service technician.
HVAC Service Technician Job Description
We are a leading provider of HVAC services in the United States. We are looking for an experienced and certified HVAC Service Technician to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing maintenance, repairs, and installations of HVAC systems in residential and commercial properties.
- Perform maintenance, repairs, and installations of HVAC systems in residential and commercial properties.
- Diagnose and repair defects in HVAC equipment.
- Inspect HVAC systems to identify potential problems.
- Test HVAC components to ensure proper functioning.
- Maintain accurate records of all work performed.
- Follow all safety procedures when working with tools and equipment.
The Successful Applicant:
- Must be certified by an accredited institution or have 3+ years of experience working with HVAC systems.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and work in tight spaces.
- Salary is based on experience level
- Company truck provided
HVAC technician job description
We are a well-established HVAC company that has been in business for over 20 years. As we are a family owned and operated business that takes pride in their workmanship and customer service. We are looking for an experienced HVAC technician to join our team.
- Perform maintenance, repairs, and installations of HVAC systems according to company standards and local code requirements
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues with HVAC systems
- Inspect completed installations and perform start-up procedures according to company standards
- Maintain accurate records of all maintenance, repair, and installation work performed
- Assist with training other technicians when needed
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures while on the job site
The Successful Applicant:
- 5+ years of experience as an HVAC technician or equivalent role is required
- Journeyman or Master level certification from an accredited trade school preferred
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record required
- This is a full time position with a competitive salary based on experience.
- Benefits include health insurance, 401k, paid vacation days, and more.
HVAC installer job description
HVAC Installer Job Description is a full-time, permanent position with our well-established and growing company. This role will have you working with a team of other HVAC installers to complete projects on time and within budget for both residential and commercial clients.
As an HVAC installer, you must be able to follow instructions carefully, as well as take direction from the project manager on site. The ideal candidate for this role will be a self-starter who takes pride in their work and has a strong attention to detail
As an HVAC Installer, you will be responsible for the installation of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems in both residential and commercial buildings. Other duties will include:
- Reading blueprints or manuals in order to determine the layout of the system
- Installing ductwork and vents
- Connecting systems to water lines and electricity
- Testing installed equipment to ensure proper functioning
- Maintaining tools and keeping a clean work area
- Completing all paperwork associated with each job in a timely manner
The Successful Applicant:
In order to be successful in this role, you must have previous experience installing HVAC systems. Other qualifications that would make you a good fit for this role include:
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Ability to lift heavy objects (up to 50 lbs)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Team player mentality
- Punctuality & reliability
- This is a full-time, permanent position that offers competitive pay + benefits package including health insurance, 401k match, paid vacation days & more!
Refrigeration technician job description
We are a market leader in the food and beverage industry, with a strong focus on quality and customer satisfaction. We are looking for an experienced refrigeration technician to join our team and help maintain our high standards.
- As a refrigeration technician, you will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of all refrigeration equipment in the company.
- This will include troubleshooting and diagnosing problems, as well as performing regular maintenance tasks.
- You will also be responsible for keeping accurate records of all work performed.
- In addition, you will be required to participate in on-call rotation in order to provide 24/7 coverage.
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of 3 years experience working as a refrigeration technician is required.
- A valid drivers license is also required.
- The ability to lift 50lbs is necessary.
- Salary is based on experience.
- Benefits package includes health insurance and 401k plan.
I hope you found this blog helpful in coming up with the perfect HVAC Service Technician Job Description for you. In conclusion, being an HVAC service technician is a challenging and rewarding career that requires a combination of technical knowledge and customer service skills.
These professionals are responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems in both residential and commercial settings. It is a challenging and rewarding job that requires a lot of hard work and dedication. If you are interested in becoming an HVAC service technician, visit our website for more job descriptions and leave your comments below. We would love to hear from you.