Are you looking for a hands-on career with plenty of variety and opportunity for advancement? Look no further than the field of industrial painting! As an industrial painter, you’ll play a vital role in maintaining and beautifying the structures and equipment that keep our world running. This blog contains some of the proven Industrial Painter Job Description Ideas which you can use according to your needs.
An industrial painter’s job includes preparing surfaces for painting, mixing and matching paint, and using a variety of tools and techniques to apply paint to a variety of surfaces. This may include large industrial structures like factories and warehouses, as well as smaller equipment like vehicles and machinery.
Industrial painters must also be able to work safely, often at great heights, and follow all relevant regulations and guidelines. Industrial painters may also work with other professionals, such as engineers and architects, to ensure that the final product is up to code and meets all necessary safety standards.
Duties and Responsibilities Of an Industrial Painter
The day-to-day duties of an industrial painter vary depending on the employer and the project at hand. However, there are some core duties that are common among industrial painters. These include:
- Inspect surfaces to be painted and identify any areas that need to be repaired or remediated prior to painting
- Select appropriate paints and application methods based on the surface being painted
- Prepare surfaces for painting by cleaning them, removing old paint, repairing defects, etc.
- Mix paints according to manufacturer specifications
- Apply paint to surfaces using brushes, rollers, spray guns, or other equipment
- Operate scaffolding or lifts to reach high areas
- Perform quality control checks on finished products
- Maintain accurate records of paint stock levels, colors used, etc.
Skills and Requirements Of an Industrial Painter
Industrial painters must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Some employers may require completion of an apprenticeship or vocational training program in industrial Painting. Most industrial painters complete on-the-job training to learn specific methods required by their employer. The following skills are also important for success in this role:
- Physical stamina – Industrial painting often requires long hours of standing, bending, twisting, and reaching; painters must be able to endure these conditions
- Manual dexterity – Painters must have good hand-eye coordination to apply paint evenly without dripping or splattering
- Attention to detail – A key part of an industrial painter’s job is ensuring a smooth, even finish; this requires close attention to detail
Salary Of an Industrial Painter
- The median annual salary for industrial painters is $39,540.*
- Earnings vary depending on experience level, geographical location, employer size, and other factors.
- Data source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) released May 2019
Industrial Painter Job Description
We are a world-renowned manufacturer of aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. We are seeking an experienced Industrial Painter to join our team at our production facility in North America.
- The Industrial Painter will be responsible for the painting of aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines in accordance with customer specifications and company standards.
- This role will also involve maintaining a clean and safe work environment, as well as completing all necessary documentation associated with the job.
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in a similar role within the aerospace or engineering industry.
The Successful Applicant:
- Previous experience working as an Industrial Painter, preferably within the aerospace or engineering industry
- A high school diploma or equivalent qualification
- The ability to lift up to 50lbs unassisted
- Excellent attention to detail
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- The opportunity to work for a world-renowned manufacturer
- Full training and development opportunities
- An excellent career path
Automotive painter job description
We are a North America’s leading provider of automotive paint and collision services. We offer a wide range of auto body repair services including painting, dent repair, and frame straightening. Our goal is to provide our customers with the best possible service and to restore their vehicles to pre-accident condition. We are looking for an experienced Automotive Painter to join our team.
- The Automotive Painter is responsible for preparing vehicles for painting, mixing paint according to specifications, and applying paint to vehicles in a safe and efficient manner.
- Other duties include sanding surfaces, repairing imperfections, and cleaning up after each job.
- The ideal candidate will have experience using both airless and HVLP paint guns as well as a variety of other painting tools and equipment.
- They should also be able to read and follow instructions carefully and pay close attention to detail in order to achieve perfect results.
The Successful Applicant:
- 3+ years of experience as an automotive painter
- Experience using both airless and HVLP paint guns
- Ability to read and follow instructions carefully
- Attention to detail
- Valid driver’s license
- Full time position Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm with some overtime required during busy periods
- Compensation based on experience
Industrial painter job description for resume
We are a market leader in the design and manufacture of specialist vehicles. With over 50 years’ experience, they are a true pioneer in their field and have been responsible for some of the most iconic designs to come out of the UK automotive industry.
Today, we supply both private and public sector clients with a range of bespoke solutions, from one-off special builds to large scale production runs. We are now looking for an experienced Industrial Painter to join our team at our site near Slough.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for painting a variety of vehicles to a high standard in line with customer specifications.
- You will be using both airless and HVLP spraying equipment as well as traditional brush painting methods.
- You will also be required to undertake other duties such as minor bodywork repairs, sanding and masking up prior to painting.
- The role will involve working on both new build and refurbishment projects so you must be able to work flexibly and adapt your approach accordingly.
- You must be able to work independently and take ownership of your projects from start to finish.
- It is essential that you have previous experience working as an industrial painter within the automotive or similar industries.
The Successful Applicant:
- Proven experience working as an industrial painter within the automotive or similar industries
- Experience using both airless and HVLP spraying equipment as well as traditional brush painting methods
- Ability to undertake other duties such as minor bodywork repairs, sanding and masking up prior to painting if required
- This is a full time permanent position offering an excellent salary plus benefits including 25 days holiday + bank holidays, pension scheme, free onsite parking etc.
Industrial spray painter job description
We are a market leader in the production of metal products. We are looking for an experienced and reliable Industrial Spray Painter to join our team. The role will be based at their factory in Slough.
- You will be responsible for applying paint to metal products using an industrial sprayer.
- You will need to ensure that the products are painted evenly and to a high standard.
- You will also be responsible for cleaning and maintaining the equipment used.
- There may also be other duties required from time to time as specified by your line manager.
The Successful Applicant:
- Will have previous experience working as an Industrial Spray Painter.
- Will have a good eye for detail and be able to work accurately.
- Will be physically fit as the role involves standing for long periods of time.
- Will be reliable and hardworking.
- The role is full time and permanent, working Monday to Friday 8am-5pm with an hour lunch break.
- The salary is £25,000 per annum.
In conclusion, an industrial painter plays a crucial role in the maintenance and upkeep of industrial facilities. They are responsible for preparing and painting surfaces, as well as ensuring that all safety protocols are followed. Industrial painters must possess a high level of attention to detail and a strong work ethic to excel in this field.
We hope you found this overview of the industrial painter job description informative. We would love to hear your thoughts and feedback in the comments section below. And if you’re looking for more information on other industrial careers, be sure to visit our website for a comprehensive collection of job descriptions