Unleash the power of your career as a Journeyman Lineman! Imagine working on high-voltage electrical systems, maintaining power lines and equipment, and keeping communities running smoothly. The role of a Journeyman Lineman is both challenging and rewarding, and it’s a career that’s in high demand. This blog provides some of the best Journeyman Lineman Job Description ideas for you.
As a Journeyman Lineman, you will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing electrical power systems, including power lines, transformers, and other electrical equipment. You’ll also need to be able to climb poles and towers, work with heavy equipment, and be comfortable working at heights.
With proper training and experience, you’ll be able to troubleshoot and repair issues with the electrical system, and ensure that power is restored as quickly as possible in the event of outages. This is a great career choice for those who enjoy working outdoors and have a passion for technology and electrical systems.”
Responsibilities , duties & salary of Journeyman Lineman
Journeyman linemen are responsible for the installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical power lines. They work with high-voltage electricity and must complete a four-year apprenticeship program to earn their license.
Duties of a journeyman lineman include stringing wire, climbing poles, and installing transformers. They also maintain equipment and clear right-of-ways. In addition, journeyman linemen troubleshoot problems and make repairs.
Most journeyman linemen work for electric utility companies. Some work for telecommunication companies, railroad companies, or the government.
Journeyman linemen typically work full time and may be required to work overtime, weekends, or holidays. They also may be on call 24 hours a day.
The median annual salary for journeyman linemen is $61,380. The top 10% earn more than $92,690, while the bottom 10% earn less than $37,710.
Journeyman Lineman Job Description
We are a leading provider of electric power transmission and distribution solutions. AS we have been in business for over 100 years and operate in over 40 countries around the world. We are looking for a Journeyman Lineman to join our team.
- The Journeyman Lineman will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, and repair of overhead and underground electrical power lines and associated equipment.
- He or she will work with voltages up to 138,000 volts.
- The Journeyman Lineman must be able to climb poles and towers, work at heights, and work in confined spaces.
- He or she must also be able to lift heavy objects, such as transformers and conductor bundles, and work in all weather conditions.
- Other duties may include stringing new conductors, installing insulators, cross arms,transformers, service entrance equipment, grounding systems, lightning protection systems, etc.
The Successful Applicant:
- Must have a valid Journeyman Lineman license
- Must have 5 years of experience working as a lineman
- Must be able to climb poles and towers, work at heights, and work in confined spaces
- Must be able to lift heavy objects (up to 100 lbs.)
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions
- This is a full time position with competitive salary and benefits package including medical insurance and 401k plan.
Senior Journeyman Lineman Job Description
We are a large electric utility company serving millions of customers in the Midwestern United States. We are a Fortune 500 company with a long history of stability and success.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the maintenance, repair, and construction of high voltage overhead and underground electrical transmission and distribution lines.
- Other duties include but are not limited to stringing conductors, installing hardware, maintaining right-of-ways, reading metering devices, performing minor repairs on vehicles and equipment, and responding to emergency outages.
- The senior journeyman lineman position requires a high school diploma or GED plus completion of an accredited apprenticeship program or equivalent training and experience.
- A valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) is required. Must have completed OSHA 10 hour training within the last year.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience working on 345kv power lines.
The Successful Applicant:
- High school diploma or GED plus completion of an accredited apprenticeship program or equivalent training and experience
- Valid commercial driver’s license (CDL)
- Experience working on 345kv power lines preferred
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits package including health insurance, 401k match, and tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Opportunity for career growth
Journeyman Lineman Job Description template
We are an an electric utility that provides power to over 500,000 customers in the state of STATE. We are a vertically integrated company with our own generation, transmission, and distribution facilities. Our mission is to provide safe, reliable, and affordable electricity to our customers.
- The Journeyman Lineman will be responsible for performing all duties associated with the construction, operation, maintenance, and repair of overhead and underground electrical distribution systems.
- This includes but is not limited to installing and maintaining poles, wires, transformers, switchgear, vaults, manholes, etc.
- The Journeyman Lineman must be able to work independently with little supervision as well as part of a crew.
- This position requires excellent customer service skills as the Journeyman Lineman will often be working directly with customers.
- A valid driver’s license is required as the Journeyman Lineman will be required to use company vehicles to respond to emergencies outside of normal working hours.
The Successful Applicant:
- Must have a valid journeyman lineman license from an accredited lineworker school
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a journeyman lineman
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to lift 100 lbs overhead repeatedly throughout the day
- Excellent salary and benefits package including health insurance and 401k match
Journeyman Lineman Job Description sample
We are a leading provider of electrical power distribution and transmission solutions. We serve the energy industry with a complete line of products and services for the generation, transmission, distribution, control, and utilization of electricity.
- The Journeyman Lineman will be responsible for installing, repairing, and maintaining overhead and underground electrical power lines and systems.
- Other duties will include performing safety checks on equipment and working closely with other members of the crew to ensure that all work is completed in a safe and efficient manner.
- The Journeyman Lineman must be able to work independently with little supervision as well as being an effective team player.
- This position requires frequent travel within the state you are assign to work.
The Successful Applicant:
- Must have a valid Journeyman Lineman license issued by the state in which you reside or are willing to obtain one within 6 months of hire date
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a Journeyman Lineman is in need
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision as well as being an effective team player
- This company offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, paid holidays, and more.
- You will also receive per diem pay when traveling away from home overnight on company business.
A journeyman lineman is a skilled tradesman who installs and maintains overhead and underground electrical power lines. Journeymen linemen work with high-voltage electricity and must complete a four-year apprenticeship program to earn their license. If you have interest in becoming a journeyman lineman, this article provides an overview of the job description, responsibilities, roles, duties, and salary expectations.