Are you looking for a career that combines your love of problem-solving and working with your hands? Look no further than a journeyman plumber! In this blog we have provided some of the top Journeyman Plumber Job Description examples which will help you choosing the right for you
As a journeyman plumber, you will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing various plumbing systems. This includes everything from water supply lines and waste drainage systems to heating and cooling systems. In addition to technical skills, journeyman plumbers must also have strong communication and customer service skills to work effectively with clients and other tradespeople.
With the opportunity for career advancement and a strong demand for skilled plumbers, a career as a journeyman plumber can be both challenging and rewarding.
Job Responsibilities of a Journeyman Plumber
- The main responsibility of a journeyman plumber is to install, repair, and maintain plumbing systems.
- This can include water supply lines, drainage systems, fixtures, and appliances. Journeyman plumbers may also be responsible for reading blueprints and drawings in order to complete their projects accurately.
- In addition, journeyman plumbers must be able to troubleshoot problems and find effective solutions in a timely manner.
Roles and Duties of a Journeyman Plumber
- Journeyman plumbers typically work under the supervision of a master plumber.
- However, they are also able to work independently when necessary.
- Journeyman plumbers must be able to follow instructions and take direction well.
- In addition, they must be able to work safely and efficiently in order to complete their projects on time and within budget.
Salary of a Journeyman Plumber
- The average salary for a journeyman plumber is $50,000 per year.
- However, salaries can vary depending on experience, location, and employer.
- Journeyman plumbers who are just starting out in their careers can expect to earn a lower salary than those who have been working in the field for many years.
- Salaries also tend to be higher in larger cities where the cost of living is higher.
Journeyman Plumber Job Description
We are a well-respected plumbing company in the Greater Toronto Area that has been in business for over 50 years. As we are a family owned and operated business that takes pride in their workmanship. We are looking to add a Journeyman Plumber to our team.
The Journeyman Plumber will be responsible for the following:
- Perform skilled journeyman level work in the installation, maintenance, and repair of plumbing systems including gas lines, fixtures, and equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and specifications.
- Knowledge of relevant codes including the Ontario Building Code.
- Coordinate work with other trades such as electricians and carpenters.
- Maintain a clean and safe worksite.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
The Successful Applicant:
In order to be considered for this role, the Journeyman Plumber must have the following qualifications:
- A valid Ontario Journeyman Certificate or Interprovincial Red Seal Certificate in Plumbing trade is required
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working as a licensed plumber
- Must have own hand tools and transportation
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills with ability to prioritize workload
- Able to take direction well but also able to work independently when needed
- Strong organizational skills with ability manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Reliable and punctual If you are qualified for this role please apply today
- Salary range $30-$35 per hour based on experience plus benefits after 3 months Hours 7am – 3pm Monday – Friday but some flexibility may be required
Commercial journeyman plumber job description
We are a national commercial plumbing contractor with over 40 years of experience. As we have completed projects for some of the largest companies in the world and are now looking to add a Journeyman Plumber to our team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company that offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
- As a Journeyman Plumber, you will be responsible for installing, repairing, and maintaining pipes and fixtures associated with heating, cooling, water distribution, and sewage disposal in commercial buildings.
- You will also be responsible for reading blueprints and completing work orders from clients.
- Other duties may include soldering pipes, sweating fittings, threading pipe, and using hand pumps or motorized pumps to move liquids or gases through the system.
- You must be able to work independently with little supervision and complete projects within deadlines.
- Some overnight travel may be required for this position.
The Successful Applicant:
- Must be a licensed Journeyman Plumber in the state of California
- 5+ years of experience working as a plumber in commercial settings
- Ability to read blueprints and complete work orders accurately
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- $28-$32 per hour DOE + per diem for out of town jobs
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.
- Company truck provided
Junior Journeyman Plumber Job Description
We are a plumbing company that has been in business for over 50 years. We are looking for a junior journeyman plumber to join our team
- Assist senior journeyman plumbers with installation and repair of plumbing systems
- Perform simple repairs such as replacing fixtures and fixing leaky pipes
- Maintain tools and equipment in good working condition
- Adhere to safety standards and company policies
The Successful Applicant:
- Must have completed an apprenticeship program or have equivalent experience
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required
- Ability to lift heavy objects, climb ladders, and work in confined spaces
- Excellent customer service skills
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Benefits package including health insurance, 401k, paid vacation, etc.
Journeyman Plumber Job Description template
We are a market leader in the plumbing industry, with over 30 years of experience. We are looking for a Journeyman Plumber to join our team and help them continue to provide top-quality plumbing services to our clients.
- As a Journeyman Plumber, you will be responsible for performing all aspects of plumbing work, including installation, repair, and maintenance.
- You will also be responsible for reading and interpreting blueprints, drawings, and specifications.
- Other duties will include troubleshooting issues and providing customer service.
- You must be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- This is a full-time position with benefits.
The Successful Applicant:
- Must have a valid Journeyman Plumber license
- Must have 5+ years of experience as a plumber
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Competitive salary and benefits package
A journeyman plumber is a skilled tradesperson who has completed an apprenticeship and has the experience and training to work independently on plumbing jobs. Journeyman plumbers are able to install, repair, and maintain plumbing systems in both residential and commercial settings. In this blog post, we outlined the job responsibilities, roles, duties, and salary of a journeyman plumber. If you are looking for an experienced plumbing professional for your next project, contact your local journeyman plumber today!