Looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the landscaping industry? Consider this Landscape Foreman Job Description example for your help! As a leader on landscaping projects, a Landscape Foreman is responsible for overseeing a team of workers to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the satisfaction of clients.
The job of a Landscape Foreman involves a wide range of responsibilities, including planning and organizing projects, supervising workers, and maintaining equipment and tools. In addition to having a strong knowledge of landscaping techniques, a Landscape Foreman must also have excellent communication and leadership skills to effectively manage a team and ensure that projects are completed to the highest standards.
If you’re interested in a career in landscaping and have a passion for working with plants, people and the environment, then a Landscape Foreman might be the perfect job for you. It’s a challenging but also a very rewarding career path, where you get to use your creativity and problem-solving skills to make a difference in the world.
Responsibilities of a Landscape Foreman
The responsibilities of a landscape foreman include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising a crew of landscapers on a daily basis
- Ensuring that all crew members are working safely and efficiently
- Keeping the worksite clean and organized
- Ordering materials and equipment as needed
- Keeping track of inventory
- Training new employees (in larger crews)
Roles of a Landscape Foreman
- The role of a landscape foreman is to oversee the work of a landscaping crew and ensure that all members are working safely, efficiently, and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Duties of a Landscape Foreman
The duties of a landscape foreman include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising crew members
- Enforcing safety regulations
- Maintaining the worksite
- ordering supplies
- Keep inventory records
Salary of a Landscape Foreman
- The average salary for a landscape foreman is $17.50 per hour.
Landscape Foreman Job Description
We are a market leader in the landscaping industry, with over 30 years of experience crafting beautiful outdoor spaces for both residential and commercial clients. We are a family-owned business that takes pride in our work, and they are looking for an experienced landscape foreman to join our team.
- The landscape foreman will be responsible for leading a team of landscapers on assigned projects.
- He or she will oversee all aspects of the project from start to finish, including but not limited to: site preparation, planting, irrigation, grading, lawn installation, and hardscape installation.
- The foreman will also be responsible for ensuring that the project is completed on time and within budget.
- In addition, he or she will be required to maintain open communication with the client throughout the duration of the project.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The Successful Applicant:
- At least 5 years of experience working in the landscaping industry
- At least 2 years of experience leading a team of landscapers
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record preferred but not required
- This is a full-time position that offers competitive pay and benefits package including health insurance and 401k plan.
Landscape construction foreman job description
We are a full-service landscape design, build, and maintenance firm serving residential and commercial clients throughout the Greater Toronto Area. We are a team of over 50 passionate professionals dedicated to creating beautiful outdoor spaces that reflect the unique needs and personalities of their clients.
- The Foreman will be responsible for managing a small crew of 2-3 workers on various landscaping projects including but not limited to: interlocking stone installation, sodding, planting, retaining wall construction, etc.
- He/she will be required to lead by example and work alongside crew members when necessary in order to get the job done efficiently and up to company standards.
- The Foreman will also be responsible for maintaining equipment and ordering materials as needed.
- This is a seasonal position with potential for year-round work for the right candidate.
The Successful Applicant:
- Must have at least 3 years of experience working in the landscaping industry with 1 year in a supervisory role
- Must have valid drivers license & own transportation
- Must be able to lift 50lbs+ on a regular basis
- Bilingualism (English & French) considered an asset but not mandatory
- Salary based on experience ($20-$30/hour)
- Seasonal position with potential for year-round work
- Hours vary depending on project (usually 7am – 3pm Monday to Friday)
Landscape maintenance foreman job description
We are a family-owned business that has been serving the Greater Cincinnati area for over 30 years. As we provide commercial and residential customers with a full range of landscaping services, including design, installation, and maintenance. We are looking for an experienced Landscape Maintenance Foreman to join our team.
The Landscape Maintenance Foreman will be responsible for leading a crew of 2-3 technicians in the performance of daily landscape maintenance tasks. These tasks include mowing, trimming, edging, blowing, pruning, planting, mulching, and other general landscape upkeep.
The foreman will also be responsible for maintaining equipment and tools in good working order, ordering supplies as needed, and completing paperwork accurately and on time. Other duties as assigned.
The Successful Applicant:
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associates degree or higher preferred
- 3+ years experience in landscape maintenance or a related field
- 1+ year experience leading a crew of 2 or more employees
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly and 100 pounds occasionally
- Strong communication skills; ability to take direction well and give clear instructions to crew members
- Full-time position; Monday – Friday 7:00am – 3:30pm
- Compensation based on experience
- Benefits package including health insurance and 401k
Landscape foreman responsibilities
We are a market leader in the landscape industry, with a strong presence across the United States. We are looking for an experienced and detail-oriented foreman to join their team and help manage our growing business. The ideal candidate will have experience in landscaping, horticulture, or a related field, and will be comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to advance their career in the landscape industry.
- oversee crew of 2-3 workers on a daily basis
- complete assigned tasks within specified timeframe
- maintain quality control of work completed by crew
- communicate effectively with clients and office staff
- maintain cleanliness of work site and equipment
- adhere to safety standards at all times
The Successful Applicant:
- 3+ years experience in landscaping, horticulture, or related field
- valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- ability to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- strong attention to detail
- excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- This is a fulltime position offering competitive pay and benefits package including health insurance, 401k, paid vacation days.
Conclusion paragraph: I hope you found this blog helpful. It can be tough to know where to start when looking for a job, but hopefully by providing a comprehensive landscape foreman job description we’ve made the process a little bit easier.
Now that you have an idea of what the position entails, it’s time to start thinking about your qualifications and how they match up with what the employer is looking for. Use our tips on crafting a resume and cover letter as well as preparing for interviews to put your best foot forward and land the job of your dreams. Thanks for reading!