So, you’re thinking about becoming a laundry attendant. Maybe you’re fresh out of high school and looking for your first job, or maybe you’re looking for a career change. This Blog Includes some of the powerful Laundry Attendant Job Description samples which may help you in your career journey.
Either way, you’ve come to the right place. In this blog post, we’ll give you a complete overview of what it takes to be a successful laundry attendant. We’ll cover everything from job responsibilities and duties to requirements and salary expectations. By the time you’re done reading, you’ll have a good understanding of what it takes to succeed in this role.
Responsibilities and Duties Laundry Attendant
Laundry attendants are responsible for a wide variety of tasks. The most important responsibility is ensuring that all laundry is clean and free of stains. Laundry attendants also fold and iron clothes, keep the laundry area clean and organized, and assist customers with questions or concerns.
In order to be successful in this role, it is important that laundry attendants be detail oriented and have strong customer service skills. Laundry attendants must also be able to lift heavy loads and stand for long periods of time.
Requirements Of a Laundry Attendant
- There are no formal education requirements for laundry attendants.
- However, many employers prefer to hire candidates who have at least a high school diploma or GED.
- Some employers may also require prior experience working in a hotel or motel laundry room.
Salary Expectations Of a Laundry Attendant
- The average salary for a laundry attendant is $9 per hour.
- However, salaries will vary depending on experience, location, and employer.
- Those who work in larger hotels or motels may earn slightly more than those who work in smaller establishments.
Laundry Attendant Job Description
We are a leading provider of laundry and dry-cleaning services in the UK. We have over 30 years’ experience in the industry and offer a wide range of services to both domestic and commercial customers.
As a Laundry Attendant, you will be responsible for providing an efficient and high-quality laundry service to our customers. Your duties will include sorting clothes, washing and drying them, ironing, and folding. You will also be responsible for keeping the laundry area clean and tidy at all times.
The Successful Applicant:
- To be successful in this role, you must be able to work quickly and efficiently under pressure.
- You must also have excellent attention to detail and be able to follow instructions accurately.
- Previous experience working in a laundry or dry-cleaning environment would be advantageous but is not essential.
- This is a full-time role working Monday to Friday 8am-5pm.
- Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
Hotel laundry attendant job description
We are a hotel laundry service provider. We are looking for a detail-oriented and reliable laundry attendant to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for sorting, washing, ironing and folding clothes and linens. They will also be responsible for keeping the laundry area clean and organized.
- Sort clothes and linens according to type, color and fabric
- Load clothing into washers and dryers
- Operate irons, steamers and other equipment
- fold or hang clothes after they have been ironed or steamed
- Keep the laundry area clean and organized at all times
- Assist guests with any questions or concerns they may have about the laundry services offered by the hotel
The Successful Applicant:
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Prior experience working in a hotel laundry preferred but not required
- $12/hr + overtime as available
Laundry room attendant job description
We are a 5-star hotel in the heart of downtown. The hotel features 300 guest rooms and suites, a full-service spa, fitness center, business center, and several restaurants and bars.
The laundry room attendant is responsible for ensuring that all linens and towels are clean and free of stains. They will sort dirty laundry into loads, operate washing machines and dryers, add chemicals as needed, fold clean laundry, and keep the laundry room clean and organized. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and have experience working in a fast-paced environment.
The Successful Applicant:
- Previous experience working in a hotel or other high-volume setting
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- This is a full time position with benefits including health insurance, paid vacation days, and a 401k plan.
- Salary is $12 per hour.
Housekeeping laundry attendant job description
We are a market leader in the hospitality industry. We are looking for an experienced Housekeeping Laundry Attendant to join our team. This is a great opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment and be part of a winning team.
- The Housekeeping Laundry Attendant is responsible for providing clean and fresh linens for our guests.
- They will also be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the laundry room and storage areas.
- Other duties may include but are not limited to sorting, washing, drying, folding, and ironing linen and clothing items.
- The Housekeeping Laundry Attendant must have strong attention to detail and be able to work independently.
- They must also be able to lift heavy objects and stand for long periods of time.
In conclusion, the role of a Laundry Attendant is an important one, as they play a vital role in maintaining the cleanliness and sanitation of linens and other fabrics. They are responsible for receiving, sorting, washing, and folding linens and garments, as well as ensuring that equipment is in good working order. The job requires attention to detail, physical stamina, and the ability to work independently.
We hope this blog post has given you a better understanding of the Laundry Attendant job description. If you have any further questions or comments, please leave them below or visit our website for more information on this and other job descriptions. We look forward to hearing from you!