Are you looking for an exciting and rewarding career in property management? Then you should consider becoming a Leasing Manager. Here are a complete guide with Leasing Manager Job Description samples. As a Leasing Manager, you will be responsible for the leasing of residential and commercial properties. From tenant screening to lease renewals, it’s your job to make sure that all aspects of the leasing process are handled smoothly. If this sounds like the perfect job for you, read on!
Leasing Manager Job Description & Responsibilities
The primary responsibility of a Leasing Manager is to negotiate leases with tenants, collect rent payments, and manage any tenant issues that may arise. This includes marketing rental units, conducting thorough tenant screenings and background checks, preparing rental agreements and paperwork, and monitoring tenant compliance with lease terms.
Additionally, they must ensure that all necessary legal documents are in order and properly filed; they must also monitor changes in local laws and regulations regarding rental properties. The Leasing Manager must also have excellent customer service skills so that they can answer questions from tenants quickly and effectively.
Leasing Managers also handle the maintenance of their properties by ensuring that any repairs or improvements are completed quickly and efficiently. They may need to hire contractors or negotiate with vendors for supplies or materials needed to keep the property in top condition. Finally, they must report any incidents or violations of lease agreements to the landlord or property manager as soon as possible.
Salary & Requirements
The salary range for a Leasing Manager typically depends on experience level, location, type of property managed (residential vs commercial), etc., but generally falls between $30K-$50K per year depending on these factors. Education requirements vary depending on the employer; some employers may require a bachelor’s degree in business administration or other related field while others may only require an associate’s degree or high school diploma combined with relevant experience.
In addition to educational requirements, most employers look for candidates who have strong verbal communication skills as well as knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel.
Leasing Manager Job Description
We are a national real estate developer, owner and operator of multifamily communities. We have an immediate need for a talented and experienced Leasing Manager at their community in the XYZ market.
The Leasing Manager will be responsible for all aspects of apartment leasing, including but not limited to marketing, advertising, resident retention, customer service, generating traffic, qualifying prospects and closing leases. The ideal candidate must possess excellent verbal communication skills and demonstrate a high level of sophistication when interacting with current and future residents. Additionally, the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment is critical for success in this role.
Other responsibilities include:
- Maintaining knowledge of local market conditions and trends
- Conducting regular site inspections to ensure cleanliness and curb appeal
- Creating monthly reports on traffic patterns, leasing activity and move-ins/move-outs
- Assisting with training new leasing staff members as needed
- Assist with special projects as assigned by the Regional Manager or Corporate Office
The Successful Applicant:
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have at least 2 years of experience working in residential property management/leasing. Additionally, candidates should possess the following skills and attributes:
- Strong sales skills with proven results in meeting/exceeding goals
- Superior customer service skills with an emphasis on creating a positive living experience for residents – Excellent time management abilities with the ability to prioritize tasks – Outstanding verbal communication skills – Strong attention to detail – Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) & Yardi Voyager
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the nation’s leading real estate developers! Our client offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, 401k Plan, Paid Time Off & much more! In addition, they offer industry leading training & development programs designed to help you reach your career goals!
Mall Leasing Manager Job Description
We are a leading shopping mall in the United States. And looking for an experienced Mall Leasing Manager to join their team. The role will be based in their flagship store in New York City.
- The Mall Leasing Manager will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of leasing for the shopping mall.
- This includes but is not limited to negotiating leases, managing tenant relationships, and marketing vacant space.
- The Mall Leasing Manager will also be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to maximize revenue and profitability.
- In addition, the Mall Leasing Manager will oversee the operations of the mall and provide leadership and direction to staff.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working in a similar role within a retail environment. They must be highly organized with excellent communication skills. They must also be able to work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
The Successful Applicant:
- Proven experience as a Mall Leasing Manager or similar role within a retail environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- High level of organization
Competitive salary + bonus + benefits
Assistant Leasing Manager Job Description
Assistant Leasing Manager Job Description at client company name is to work with the leasing manager in all aspects of property management. The primary focus will be on developing new business, marketing properties, conducting tours, negotiating and executing leases and move-ins. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in business or a related field along with 2 years of experience in residential property management.
The Assistant Leasing Manager is responsible for assisting the Leasing Manager in all aspects of property management. This includes but is not limited to developing new business, marketing properties, conducting tours, negotiating and executing leases and move-ins.
Other responsibilities include:
- Creating and maintaining positive relationships with current and future residents
- Answering phone calls and emails in a timely manner
- Responding to resident requests and concerns in a timely and efficient manner
- Upselling apartments when possible
- Assist with special projects as needed from time to time
The Successful Applicant Will Have:
- A bachelor’s degree in business or a related field preferred but not required
- Two years’ experience in residential property management preferred
- Professional demeanor with excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
This position offers a competitive salary based on experience plus commission. In addition, we offer an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation/sick days and more!
Lease Administration Manager Job Description
We are a leading provider of real estate services with a team of over 50,000 experts operating in more than 60 countries. We help our clients optimize their real estate portfolios by offering comprehensive services that range from transactions and consulting to project management and property management.
- The Lease Administration Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the lease administration team.
- This includes ensuring that all leases are accurately recorded and maintained, overseeing the preparation of monthly lease accounting reports, coordinating with other departments on lease-related matters, and providing training and development opportunities for team members.
- The Lease Administration Manager will also be responsible for developing and implementing processes and procedures to improve the efficiency of the department.
- In addition, the Lease Administration Manager will be responsible for preparing ad hoc reports as requested by senior management.
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role is required.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Strong organizational skills are required.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid time off, etc..
If you’re looking for a career in property management where you can use your organizational skills while helping others find their dream home or office space then being a Leasing Manager could be perfect for you! With its competitive salary range, flexible hours, chance to work with people from all walks of life – it’s no wonder why more people than ever before are looking into this exciting field! So if you think being a Leasing Manager might be right up your alley – start researching today! Good luck!