A Maintenance Manager is responsible for ensuring that a company’s physical plant and equipment are well-maintained and operated efficiently. This Blog Includes some of the powerful Maintenance Manager Job Description samples to help you.
They develop maintenance procedures and schedules, maintain inventories of parts and supplies, hire and train maintenance staff, and prepare budget reports. In larger companies, Maintenance Managers may also be responsible for grounds keeping and snow removal.
The Maintenance Manager job description may vary slightly from company to company, but the core responsibilities are always the same. If you’re looking to hire a Maintenance Manager, be sure to include the following in your job posting:
Maintenance Manager Responsibilities
- Developing and implementing maintenance procedures and schedules
- Training and supervising maintenance staff
- Maintaining inventories of parts and supplies
- Preparing budget reports
- Ensuring that all safety regulations are followed
- Overseeing grounds keeping and snow removal (in larger companies)
Roles of a Maintenance Manager
- A Maintenance Manager wears many hats. They must be part mechanic, part supervisor, part planner, and part administrator.
- In order to be successful in this role, a candidate must have excellent problem-solving skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to think on their feet.
- They must also be able to work independently with little supervision.
Maintenance Manager Duties
- The duties of a Maintenance Manager vary depending on the size of the company they work for.
- In larger companies, they may delegate some of the tasks to other members of the maintenance staff.
- Regardless of the size of the company, all Maintenance Managers are responsible for ensuring that the company’s physical plant is well-maintained and operated efficiently.
Salary of a Maintenance Manager
- The average salary for a Maintenance Manager is $60,000 per year.
- Salaries can range from $40,000 to $85,000 per year, depending on experience level and location.
Maintenance Manager Job Description
We are a market leader in the FMCG industry with an enviable portfolio of products. We are undergoing a large expansion program and are looking for a Maintenance Manager to join our team. This role will be based at their factory near Slough.
- The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for leading and managing the site maintenance team to ensure that all machinery and equipment is maintained to a high standard.
- You will be responsible for developing and implementing preventative maintenance programs as well as carrying out repairs when necessary.
- You will liaise with external contractors when required and manage stock levels of spare parts.
- You will also provide support to the Production Manager in ensuring that production targets are met.
The Successful Applicant:
- The successful candidate will have previous experience working in a similar role within an FMCG environment.
- You will have excellent people management skills and be able to work well under pressure.
- You will have strong problem solving skills and be able to think outside the box.
- Salary up to £45,000 per annum depending on experience.
Apartment maintenance supervisor job description
We are a property management company that owns and operates a portfolio of multifamily residential communities. We are seeking an Apartment Maintenance Supervisor to join our team!
The Apartment Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for the overall maintenance operations of the community and will oversee a team of maintenance technicians. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Supervising, training, and scheduling maintenance staff
- Responding to resident requests in a timely manner
- Ensuring all units are in compliance with company standards
- Performing make-readies as needed
- Maintaining accurate records of inventory and service orders
- Coordinating outside vendor services as necessary
- Adhering to all safety regulations
The Successful Applicant:
- The ideal candidate for this role will have at least 3 years of experience in apartment maintenance, strong leadership skills, and excellent communication abilities.
- Additionally, they must be able to work independently and be detail oriented.
- A basic understanding of plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and HVAC systems is also required.
- This is a full-time position that offers competitive pay and benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401k, paid time off, etc.
Mechanical maintenance supervisor job description
We are a leading manufacturer of plastic products. As we have been in business for over 50 years and have an excellent reputation in the industry. We are looking for a Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor to join our team.
- The Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing the maintenance of all production equipment.
- This includes machines, tools, and other mechanical devices used in the manufacturing process.
- The supervisor will ensure that all equipment is properly maintain and functioning properly at all times.
- In addition, the supervisor will be responsible for training new employees on proper equipment maintenance procedures.
The Successful Applicant:
- The successful applicant will have previous experience working in a supervisory role within a manufacturing environment.
- He or she must have knowledge of different types of production equipment and how to properly maintain them.
- The applicant must also be able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Finally, the applicant must be able to communicate effectively with both co-workers and management.
- This is a full time position with benefits including health insurance and 401k matching
Vehicle maintenance supervisor job description
We are a leading provider of automotive maintenance and repair services. We are looking for an experienced and detail-oriented Vehicle Maintenance Supervisor to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the maintenance and repair of a fleet of vehicles.
You will also be responsible for scheduling and supervising a team of technicians. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly organize individual with strong leadership skills.
- Oversee the maintenance and repair of a fleet of vehicles
- Schedule and supervise a team of technicians
- Keep accurate records of all work performed
- Monitor inventory levels and order parts as needed
- troubleshoot problems and provide solutions
- maintain cleanliness in the shop area
The Successful Applicant:
- 3+ years of experience in automotive maintenance or management
- ASE certification preferred but not required
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits packages, including 401k, medical/dental/vision insurance, vacation/sick leave, tuition reimbursement
In conclusion, the role of a Maintenance Manager is crucial for ensuring the smooth operation and upkeep of a facility. From managing a team of maintenance staff, to coordinating repairs and implementing preventative maintenance programs, a Maintenance Manager is responsible for keeping a facility running at optimal levels. It is a challenging and rewarding position that requires strong leadership skills, technical knowledge, and the ability to multitask.
We hope you found this overview of the Maintenance Manager job description informative and insightful. If you have any further questions or would like to learn more about other job descriptions, please visit our website and leave a comment with your feedback. Your comments help us improve our content and provide you with the information you need. Thank you for reading!