“Are you a skilled professional with experience in building maintenance and a passion for leading a team? Look no further! As a Maintenance Supervisor, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation and upkeep of our facilities. In this blog we have provided some of the best Maintenance Supervisor Job Description samples to help you.
As a Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for overseeing the maintenance and repair of our buildings and grounds. This includes scheduling and supervising a team of maintenance workers, coordinating with outside contractors, and implementing preventative maintenance programs. You will also be responsible for managing budgets and ordering supplies.
Strong communication and problem-solving skills are a must, as you will often be working with other departments and managing emergency situations. A background in facilities management or engineering is preferred.”
Maintenance Supervisor Job Description Responsibilities
- The maintenance supervisor is responsible for the upkeep of buildings and grounds.
- They develop work schedules, assign tasks, oversee repairs, and make sure that all maintenance activities are carried out in a timely and efficient manner.
- The maintenance supervisor may also be responsible for training new employees and maintaining records.
Maintenance Supervisor Roles
- The roles of a maintenance supervisor vary depending on the size of the organization they work for.
- In small organizations, the maintenance supervisor may be responsible for all aspects of building upkeep.
- In larger organizations, the role of the maintenance supervisor may be more specialized. For example, some supervisors may only be responsible for HVAC systems while others may oversee a team of janitors or landscapers.
- No matter what their specific role is, all supervisors must be able to effectively communicate with their subordinates and have excellent organizational skills.
Duties Of a Maintenance Supervisor
The duties of a maintenance supervisor include but are not limited to:
- Developing work schedules
- Assigning tasks
- Overseeing repairs
- Making sure all maintenance activities are carried out in a timely fashion
- Training new employees
- Maintaining records
- Note: The duties listed above are just some of the most commonly associated with this position.
- Depending on the size and scope of the organization, the Maintenance Supervisor’s job description may vary.
Maintenance Supervisor Salary
- The average salary for a Maintenance Supervisor is $46,000 per year.
- Salaries range from $30,000 to $70,000 per year depending on experience and location.
- Maintenance Supervisors in New York City earn an average salary of $52,000 per year while those in Los Angeles earn an average salary of $48,000 per year.
- Maintenance Supervisors in Chicago earn an average salary of $44,000 per year while those in Houston earn an average salary of $42,000 per year.
- These are just averages salaries and will vary depending on experience and other factors.
Maintenance Supervisor Job Description
We are a privately held real estate investment and management firm that owns and operates a diverse portfolio of properties across the United States. We are looking for an experienced Maintenance Supervisor to join our team!
The Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for the upkeep of all buildings and common areas, including but not limited to: HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, drywall repair, painting, snow removal, and general maintenance.
The Maintenance Supervisor will also oversee all vendors and contractors performing work on-site. This is a hands-on position that requires excellent customer service skills as well as the ability to work independently with little supervision.
The Successful Applicant:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates degree in Facilities Management or related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience in facilities maintenance or operations role required; experience supervising other staff members preferred
- Strong understanding of building systems (HVAC, electrical, plumbing) required
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Must be able to lift 50lbs+, climb ladders/stairs, and work in various weather conditions
- This is a full-time position offering competitive salary and benefits package including health insurance, 401k plan, paid time off, etc.
Apartment maintenance supervisor job description
This job is for an apartment maintenance supervisor role. Our company is a well-known name in the industry and is looking for a qualified individual to join our team. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to grow within the company.
The apartment maintenance supervisor will be responsible for supervising the day-to-day operations of the maintenance staff. This includes scheduling, training, coaching, and mentoring employees.
The supervisor will also be responsible for performing general maintenance tasks as needed and ensuring that all work is completed in a timely and efficient manner. In addition, the supervisor will be required to maintain accurate records of all work performed by the staff and submit reports to management on a regular basis.
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in apartment or facility maintenance is in need for this position.
- Must have previous experience supervising employees in a similar setting.
- HVAC certification preferred but not required.
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test prior to employment.
Mechanical maintenance supervisor job description
We are a leading multinational company in the oil and gas industry. We are looking for a Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor to join our team in Houston, TX.
- The Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for the mechanical maintenance of all production equipment and facilities.
- He/she will ensure that all mechanical maintenance activities are out in a safe, efficient and effective manner.
- The Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor will also be responsible for training and development of mechanical maintenance staff.
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in mechanical maintenance is in need for this role.
- Experience in the oil and gas industry is in need but not essential.
- The successful candidate must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- He/she must also be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- This is a direct hire opportunity with our client based in Houston, TX
Vehicle maintenance supervisor job description
We are a market leader in the automotive industry. We are looking for a Vehicle Maintenance Supervisor to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the maintenance of vehicles and ensuring that they are safe and reliable. This is a great opportunity for someone with experience in the automotive industry who is looking to take on a new challenge.
- Oversee the maintenance of vehicles and ensure that they are safe and reliable
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure that all vehicles are being service according to schedule
- Maintain accurate records of all vehicle maintenance activities
- Assist with troubleshooting and resolving vehicle issues
- Monitor inventory levels and order parts as needed
- Ensure that all health and safety regulations are followed
- Train and supervise staff
- Other duties as required
The Successful Applicant
- Must have experience in the automotive industry
- Must have supervisory experience
- Excellent communication skills
The Maintenance Supervisor is a vital role in any organization as they are responsible for the upkeep of buildings and grounds. If you are looking to hire a Maintenance Supervisor, or are considering this as a career path, it is important to know the responsibilities with this position as well as the roles that may be in need depending on the size of the organization.
Additionally, it is important to know what duties are typically assign to Maintenance Supervisors as well as what kind of salary you can expect to earn in this position.