Marketing is essential for any company that wants to stay relevant and top-of-mind for its target consumers. But with the ever-changing landscape of the marketing world, it can be difficult to keep up with the latest trends and best practices. That’s where a marketing strategist comes in. This Blog Includes some of the top Marketing Strategist Job Description templates which are customizable & which you can use according to your needs.
A marketing strategist is responsible for developing and implementing marketing plans that promote a company’s products or services. They are also responsible for conducting market research and analyzing data to determine the most effective marketing strategies. In addition, marketing strategists often oversee advertising and promotional campaigns.
If you’re thinking about hiring a marketing strategist, this blog post is for you. We’ll cover everything you need to know about the job description, responsibilities, roles, duties, and salary of a marketing strategist.
Job Description For a Marketing Strategist:
The job description of a marketing strategist can vary depending on the size and type of company they work for. However, there are some common duties and responsibilities that are typically associated with the position, which we’ve outlined below.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct market research and analysis to determine the most effective marketing strategies
- Develop marketing plans and campaigns
- Oversee advertising and promotional activities
- Manage budgets
- Monitor competitors’ activities
- Coordinate with other departments within the company, such as sales, product development, and customer service
- Prepare reports
Roles and Duties Of Marketing Strategist
- Marketing strategists typically have a few different roles within a company.
- They may act as both an analyst and a creative thinker, coming up with new ideas while also being able to critically assess data to see what’s working and what isn’t.
- In addition, they often serve as project managers, overseeing all aspects of a marketing campaign from start to finish.
- And finally, they may also be responsible for managing a team of subordinates, such as graphic designers or copywriters.
Salary Of a Marketing Strategist
- The average salary for a marketing strategist is $85,000 per year.
- However, salaries can range anywhere from $50,000 to $100,000 per year depending on experience level, location, and industry.
Marketing Strategist Job Description
We are a young, dynamic and rapidly growing tech company that provides innovative software solutions to businesses in a variety of industries. We are looking for a marketing strategist to join our team and help us take our business to the next level.
- Developing and executing marketing plans and strategies in line with the company’s overall business goals
- Conducting market research and analysis to identify opportunities and threats
- Identifying target markets and devising marketing campaigns that are tailored to these segments
- Overseeing the production of marketing materials, including website content, brochures, whitepapers, case studies etc.
- Managing budgets and ensuring that all campaigns are cost-effective
- Organizing promotional events such as trade shows, conferences, webinars etc.
- Monitoring competitor activity and identifying new trends in the market
- Writing copy for all marketing collateral including website content, blog posts, press releases etc.
The Successful Applicant:
- Proven experience as a marketing strategist or similar role
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Creative thinker with the ability to come up with new ideas
- Organized with good attention to detail
- A team player who can also work independently when required
- BSc/BA in Marketing or relevant field; MSc/MA will be an advantage
- This is a full time position based in our London office.
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
- In addition, we offer an attractive benefits package which includes private healthcare cover, gym membership subsidy, pension scheme as well as other perks such as free breakfast every day!
Digital marketing strategist job description
We are a leading digital marketing agency who work with some of the world’s biggest brands. We are now looking for a Digital Marketing Strategist to join our team!
- The Digital Marketing Strategist will be responsible for developing and managing digital marketing campaigns that promote the products and services of the company.
- The Digital Marketing Strategist will also be responsible for tracking and reporting on the performance of digital marketing campaigns, as well as working with the other members of the marketing team to ensure that all activities are aligned with the overall marketing strategy.
- In addition, the Digital Marketing Strategist will be required to stay up-to-date on latest trends and technologies in digital marketing, and make recommendations on how these can be used to improve the company’s campaigns.
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role is essential for this position
- Proven experience in developing and managing successful digital marketing campaigns
- Strong analytical skills and experience using data to drive decision making
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Competitive salary + benefits
Content marketing strategist job description
We are a rapidly growing startup that provides innovative solutions for businesses of all sizes. We are looking for a Content Marketing Strategist to join our team and help continue their success.
- The Content Marketing Strategist will be responsible for developing and executing the content marketing strategy for the company.
- This includes creating compelling content across all channels, including the website, blog, social media, email marketing, and more.
- The strategist will also collaborate with other teams to ensure that the content is aligned with the overall marketing strategy and business goals. In addition, they will analyze data to track the performance of the content and make recommendations for improvements.
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in content marketing or a related field is required.
- The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of various digital marketing channels and how to use them effectively.
- They must also be an excellent writer with superb editing skills. Additionally, they should be able to work independently and be highly organized.
- Finally, they must be able to think creatively and come up with new ideas on how to improve the company’s content marketing efforts.
- This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary and benefits package
- The location is flexible as this is a remote role; however, preference will be given to candidates who are based in North America.
- Candidates must have authorization to work in the United States or Canada
Social media marketing strategist job description
We are a rapidly growing software company that provides solutions for small businesses. We are headquartered in New York City, but have remote employees all over the world. As we are looking for a Social Media Marketing Strategist to join our team and help them grow their brand online.
- The Social Media Marketing Strategist will be responsible for developing and executing social media marketing campaigns that promote the company’s products and services.
- They will work closely with the marketing team to create content that is engaging and informative, while also aligning with the company’s overall marketing strategy.
- Additionally, they will be responsible for managing social media accounts, monitoring activity, and responding to customer inquiries in a timely manner.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced environment and be able to think creatively to solve problems.
- They should also be well-versed in all major social media platforms, as well as have experience using data analytics tools to measure campaign performance.
The Successful Applicant:
- 4+ years of experience in social media marketing or a related field
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Experience using data analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics)
- Experience with photo/video editing software (e.g., Adobe Photoshop) is a plus but not required
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 401k with match
- Generous vacation policy
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Flexible work hours
A career as a marketing strategist can be both challenging and rewarding. If you’re interested in pursuing this line of work, now you know what to expect in terms of job description, responsibilities, roles, duties, and salary. Keep in mind that the most successful marketing strategists are both creative thinkers and critical analysts who are able to think outside the box while also paying attention to the numbers. If this sounds like you, then a career in marketing might be right for you.