A mason is a tradesman who works with brick, concrete, stone, and other materials to build and repair walls, floors, foundations, and other structures. Masons use a variety of tools to cut, shape, and smooth the raw materials they work with. This blog contains best Mason Job Description templates which are customizable & you can use according to your needs.
In addition to being skilled in the use of these tools, masons must have a good understanding of construction principles and be able to read blueprints.
Masons typically work on construction projects such as new home construction, commercial building construction, and repairs or additions to existing structures. They may work independently or as part of a team. Masons typically work full-time hours. Some masons are union members and may be required to work overtime hours.
Duties Of a Mason:
The duties of a mason vary depending on the type of project they are working on. However, there are some common duties that all masons perform:
- Reading blueprints or other instructions to determine the dimensions and layout of the structure to be built
- Mixing mortar and other materials according to specifications
- Laying bricks, concrete blocks, stone, or other materials in prescribed patterns
- Applying mortar between joints with a trowel
- Smoothing and shaping the surface of mortar joints using a variety of hand tools
- Cutting bricks, concrete blocks, stone, or other materials using power tools
- Finishing surfaces by troweling on plaster or stucco
- Erecting scaffolding
- Cleaning up job site at the end of each day
Salary Of a Mason:
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual salary for masons was $51,850 in May 2019.
- The lowest 10 percent earned less than $31,040 while the highest 10 percent earned more than $84,810. Salary varies based on experience level, geographical location, and type of employer.
- Union members typically earn higher wages than non-union members.
Mason Job Description
Mason is a startup that provides a platform for booking and managing home improvement projects. We are looking for an energetic and detail-oriented Customer Success Specialist to join our team!
This is a fast-paced environment where you’ll wear many hats, so we’re looking for someone who is excited to roll up their sleeves and get things done. If you’re passionate about making customers happy and want to be part of a growing startup, we want to hear from you!
- Serve as the main point of contact for assigned customers and manage all customer communication throughout the customer lifecycle
- Build strong relationships with customers to ensure they are satisfied with Mason’s products and services
- Proactively identify customer needs and work with the appropriate teams internally to address them
- Assist customers with product adoption by providing best practices, training, and troubleshooting support
- Serve as an expert on Mason’s products and features – educate customers on how to use our platform effectively
- Monitor customer health metrics closely and take proactive steps to prevent churn
- Work cross-functionally with other teams (e.g. Sales, Engineering, Marketing) to drive continuous improvements in the customer experience
The Successful Applicant:
- 1+ years of experience in customer success or account management working with SaaS products
- Strong written communication skills – ability to draft clear emails/chat messages articulating complex issues succinctly
- Exceptional verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask effectively, prioritize tasks based on business impact, and stay organized in a fast paced environment
- Technical aptitude
- Takes initiative without needing close supervision Track record of consistently meeting or exceeding performance goals
- Salary + equity compensation package Medical/dental/vision insurance coverage 401k plan
- Generous vacation policy
Mason worker job description
Mason workers are responsible for the construction and maintenance of brick, concrete, and stone structures such as walls, floors, ceilings, and sidewalks. They use a variety of hand-held power tools and equipment to cut, grind, polish, sandblast, and drill holes in masonry materials.
Many masons are specialized in one or more types of masonry work. Some specialize in residential work while others may choose to focus on commercial or industrial projects
- Read blueprints or specifications to determine the materials required for a job.
- Mix cement or mortar by hand or with a portable mixer.
- Spread mortar between layers of bricks using a trowel.
- Level rows of bricks or blocks using a level line and plumb bob.
- Build arches over doorways or windows using steel reinforcement rods (rebar).
- Install metal anchors into wet mortar joints to secure wall ties (metal fasteners that attach inner wythes of brick walls to outer Wythe’s).
- Erect scaffolding around tall buildings under construction.
The Successful Applicant will have:
- Good physical strength and manual dexterity
- Ability to follow oral instruction
- Good eye-hand coordination
- Ability to work at heights
- Detail oriented
- The salary for this position is $22 per hour plus benefits package including health insurance and 401k plan after 90 days probation period has been successfully completed.
Cement mason job description
Our concrete Masonry Corporation has been in business for over 50 years. We are a family-owned and operated company that specializes in the installation of concrete masonry products. We are looking for an experienced Cement Mason to join our team.
The Cement Mason will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Laying brick, block, and stone according to specifications and patterns
- Mixing mortar and other ingredients to create a adhesive substance for bonding purposes
- Applying mortar to masonry units using trowels of various sizes
- Cutting and shaping bricks, blocks, and stone with hand tools or power saws as needed
- Placing reinforcement materials such as rebar or wire mesh into designated areas before pouring concrete mixture
- Leveling off poured concrete mixture using rakes or screeds then smoothing surface with trowels
- Finishing surfaces of poured concrete by stamping, texturing, or adding color accents as desired
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a Cement Mason is required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to lift heavy objects (up to 50 pounds)
- Ability to read blueprints is preferred but not required
- This is a fulltime position that offers competitive pay and benefits including health insurance and 401k.
Stone mason job description
We are a world-renowned luxury homebuilder, specializing in the construction of high-end residences and estates. As we have headquarter in Los Angeles, with satellite offices in San Francisco, Palm Springs, and Orange County.
Our company was founded over 50 years ago and has built a reputation for quality craftsmanship and exquisite attention to detail. Our homes are feature in numerous publications and they have won numerous awards for their work.
The stone mason job description entails working with natural stone as well as man-made materials to create beautiful structures like patios, fireplaces, driveways, retaining walls, etc. A stone mason must be able to read blueprints and follow instructions carefully.
He or she must also be physically strong and capable of lifting heavy stones. In addition, a stone mason must be creative and have an eye for detail in order to create stunning results.
The Successful Applicant:
- Must be able to read blueprints and follow instructions carefully
- Must be physically strong and capable of lifting heavy stones
- Must be creative and have an eye for detail
- Must have experience as a stone mason
Competitive salary based on experience
In conclusion, being a mason is a skilled trade that requires a strong work ethic, attention to detail, and physical stamina. Masons are responsible for constructing, repairing, and maintaining structures made of brick, stone, and concrete, and they use a variety of tools and techniques to do so.
Masons must be able to read and interpret blueprints, follow safety guidelines, and work well in a team. If you have an interest in construction and are willing to put in the time and effort to learn the skills necessary to succeed in this field, a career as a mason may be a good fit for you.