Welcome to our blog post about Mold Maker Job Description!
Mold makers, also known as tool and die makers, are skilled craftsmen who create and repair precision tools, dies, and molds that are used in manufacturing processes. These tools are used to shape and form a variety of materials, including metals, plastics, and composites, into the desired shapes and sizes for products.
Mold makers work in a variety of industries, including automotive, aerospace, medical, and consumer products. They are typically responsible for designing and creating molds from blueprints or computer-aided design (CAD) drawings, as well as maintaining and repairing existing molds. Mold makers may also be responsible for testing and adjusting molds to ensure they meet precise specifications and tolerances.
The job of a mold maker requires a strong attention to detail and the ability to work with a high level of precision. It also requires a solid understanding of math, materials science, and manufacturing processes. In addition to technical skills, mold makers should also have good problem-solving and communication skills, as they may work closely with engineers, designers, and other team members to develop solutions to complex manufacturing challenges.
In this blog post, we will delve into the role of a mold maker in more detail, including the specific duties and responsibilities of the job, the education and training required, and the career prospects for mold makers. We will also discuss the importance of mold makers in the manufacturing industry and the ways in which they contribute to the production of high-quality products.
Mold Maker Responsibilities:
The mold maker is responsible for the design and fabrication of molds used in the manufacturing process. The mold maker must be able to interpret blueprints and drawings to create a mold that meets the specifications outlined. In addition, the mold maker must be able to operate various machines in order to create the mold.
- Design molds based on specifications provided by engineers or customers
- Fabricate molds using various machines
- Operate lathes, milling machines, and grinders
- Test molds to ensure they meet specifications
- Make adjustments to molds as necessary
Mold Maker Roles:
Job Duties Of A Mold Maker
- Designing molds: The mold maker will use computer-aided design (CAD) software to design the molds based on the specifications provided by engineers or customers. Once the design is complete, it will be sent to a machine shop for fabrication.
- Fabricating molds: The mold maker will use various machines such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to fabricate the molds. After the mold is fabricated, it will be tested to ensure it meets specifications. If adjustments need to be made, the mold maker will make them.
- Operating machines: The mold maker will operate lathes, milling machines, and grinders in order to create the molds. They must be able to follow instructions and safety procedures while operating these machines.
- Testing molds: The mold maker will test the molds to ensure they meet specifications. If they do not meet specifications, adjustments will be made until they do.
- Making adjustments: The mold maker may need to make adjustments to the molds if they do not meet specifications. Adjustments could include changing the size or shape of the mold. Once all adjustments have made, the mold will be ready for use in manufacturing.
Mold Maker Salary
- The average salary for a Mold Maker is $52,953 per year. Pay for this job does not change much with experience.
Mold Maker Job Description
We are a world-class provider of innovative molds and molding solutions. As we are a global organization with over 1,000 employees in 12 countries. We serve a wide variety of industries, including automotive, aerospace, medical, and consumer goods. We have committed to providing our customers with the highest quality products and services.
- The Mold Maker will be responsible for the design, development, and manufacture of molds for injection molded plastic parts.
- The Mold Maker will work closely with engineers and other team members to ensure that molds meet customer specifications and requirements.
- The Mold Maker will be responsible for operating CNC machines to produce molds according to drawings and specifications.
- The Mold Maker will perform quality inspections on finished molds to ensure that they meet all requirements.
- The Mold Maker will maintain accurate records of all work performed.
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a mold maker is required.
- Experience operating CNC machines is required.
- Strong attention to detail is required.
- Excellent salary and benefits package
- 401k + match
- Full health coverage
- Vacation & PTO
Junior Mold Maker Job Description
We are a company that has been in business for over 50 years. We have a great reputation and work with some of the largest companies in the world.
- Read and interpret blueprints or sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
- Measure, mark, and scribe dimensions and reference lines on material according to blueprint specs
- Select, position, align, and secure jigs, holding fixtures, gauges, machining programs, etc. on machines
- Set up and operate machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, planers etc. to cut , bore , grind , mill or otherwise shape workpieces into desired form
- Verify conformance of finished workpiece to blueprint using measuring instruments such as micrometers , calipers etc.
The Successful Applicant:
- Must have previous experience working in a mold making/machinist role
- Experience reading blueprints
- Experience setting up and operating various machine tools
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments
Mold Maker Job Description sample
We are a leading provider of precision injection molded plastic components and assemblies. As we serve a diverse customer base in the medical, automotive, aerospace, and consumer industries.
With over 50 years of experience, we have built a reputation for quality, service, and innovative solutions to their customers’ most challenging problems.
- The Mold Maker will be responsible for the construction of new molds and the modification of existing molds to meet customer specifications.
- This position requires a high level of accuracy and attention to detail as well as the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- The Mold Maker will use a variety of hand tools, machining equipment, and CAD/CAM software to construct molds from start to finish.
- In addition to mold making responsibilities, this position will also provide support to the production team as needed in the areas of set up, troubleshooting, and repair of injection molding machines and auxiliary equipment.
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Mold Maker is in need for this role.
- Experience working with CAD/CAM software (Solid works is not n) is required.
- Experience working with CNC machining equipment is in need but not necessary.
- The ability to read blueprints and engineering drawings is in need.
- This is a direct hire role with our client that offers an excellent compensation package including medical benefits, 401k match, profit sharing bonus potential, paid vacation/holidays
Senior Mold Maker Job Description
We are a world-renowned manufacturer of luxury goods. We are looking for an experienced mold maker to join our team and contribute to the production of high-quality products.
- The mold maker will be responsible for the design and construction of molds used in the production process.
- They will use a variety of materials and methods to create molds that meet the specific requirements of each product.
- The mold maker will work closely with other members of the manufacturing team to ensure that each mold meets the required specifications.
- They will also be responsible for maintaining accurate records of all molds created and ensuring that they are properly store and being maintain.
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a mold maker is in need.
- Experience working with a variety of materials is essential.
- The ability to read and interpret technical drawings is essential.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are essential as this role requires meticulous record keeping.
- Salary is negotiable based on experience
- Benefits package includes health insurance, 401k, etc.
- This is a full-time position
I hope you found this blog helpful. It can be tough to know where to start when looking for a new job, but hopefully, knowing what the Mold Maker job entails will make your decision easier. If you’re excited about the idea of working with molds and making plastic products.
Then keep an eye out for open positions in your area. And remember, if you don’t see anything that matches your skillset exactly, don’t be afraid to reach out and express interest in a position. Many companies are happy to consider candidates who are willing to learn new things and take on new challenges. So go get the job description you want!