A personal stylist is a professional who helps individuals curate and refine their personal style and wardrobe. As a personal stylist, you will work with clients to understand their fashion preferences and needs, and provide them with guidance and recommendations on how to dress and present themselves in a way that aligns with their personal brand and desired image. This blog provides Personal Stylist Job Description templates which are ready to use.
You may work with clients on a one-time basis, or on a recurring basis to help them maintain their personal style over time. In this role, you will need to have a strong understanding of fashion trends and the ability to help clients create a cohesive, fashionable wardrobe that fits their budget and lifestyle.
Additionally, excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential, as you will be working closely with clients to understand their fashion goals and preferences.
Whether you are helping a client prepare for a special event, or simply want to revamp their everyday look, the role of a personal stylist can be extremely rewarding for those with a passion for fashion and helping others.
Duties of a Personal Stylist:
- A personal stylist’s primary duty is to choose clothing for their clients.
- They may work with individuals or groups.
- They must be familiar with the latest fashion trends and know how to mix and match different pieces of clothing.
- Personal stylists often have to give advice on hair and makeup as well.
- Personal stylists working in a retail setting are responsible for helping customers find the right clothing and accessories.
- They may also be responsible for sales goals.
- Personal stylists working independently may have more leeway in choosing their clients.
Skills Needed to Be a Successful Personal Stylist:
- A successful personal stylist should have an excellent sense of style. They must be able to communicate effectively with their clients.
- Good organizational skills are also necessary, as is the ability to stay calm under pressure.
Education Needed to Become a Personal Stylist
- There is no formal education required to become a personal stylist, but most successful stylists have a degree in fashion or a related field.
- Many personal stylists also have experience working in the fashion industry before becoming a personal stylist.
Salary Of a Personal Stylist:
- The median salary for a personal stylist is $38,000 per year.
- Salaries can vary depending on experience, location, and other factors.
- Many personal stylists also receive commissions or bonuses based on sales goals.
Personal Stylist Job Description
We are a looking for a Personal Stylist to join their team! As a Personal Stylist, you will be responsible for helping our clients feel their best by providing them with expert styling advice and recommendations.
You will create looks that reflect each client’s unique style, while also staying up-to-date on the latest trends. If you are passionate about fashion and love helping others look and feel their best, this is the job for you!
- Provide expert styling advice and recommendations to clients
- Create looks that reflect each client’s unique style
- Stay up-to-date on the latest trends in fashion
- Maintain strong relationships with clients
- Achieve sales goals set by management
The Successful Applicant:
- Must have a passion for fashion
- Must be excellent at giving styling advice and recommendations
- Must be able to build strong relationships with clients
- Must be driven to achieve sales goals
Competitive salary + commission structure
Personal fashion stylist job description
As a Personal Fashion Stylist with our company, you will work 1:1 with clients virtually and in-person to help them feel their best by providing fashion styling services.
You will serve as a trusted fashion advisor, helping your clients build a wardrobe that fits their budget, lifestyle, and body type. This is a great opportunity for someone who loves fashion and enjoys helping others look and feel their best!
- Work 1:1 with clients virtually and in-person to provide fashion styling services
- Serve as a trusted fashion advisor, helping clients build a wardrobe that fits their budget, lifestyle, and body type
- Help clients select clothing and accessories for both everyday wear and special occasions
- Assist clients with outfit planning, color analysis, closet organization, and personal shopping trips
- Provide honest feedback to clients in a kind and professional manner
- Keep up with current trends in fashion to better advise clients
- Maintain strong relationships with existing clients and develop new clientele through networking
The Successful Applicant:
- A passion for fashion and styling others
- Strong people skills and the ability to build rapport quickly
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Ability to give honest yet tactful feedback – Great organizational skills & attention to detail
- Creative eye for putting together outfits
- Flexibility & adaptability
- Self motivated & able to work independently
- Reliable transportation
- This is a part time role that can be done remotely or in person.
- Hours are flexible but stylists must be available some evenings and weekends.
- Pay is $18 per hour + commission on sales.
Senior Personal Stylist Job Description
We are a luxury fashion retailer specializing in high-end clothing, shoes, and accessories for both men and women. We are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Personal Stylist to join our team and provide one-on-one styling services to their VIP clients.
As a Personal Stylist at our client’s company, you will be responsible for developing long-lasting relationships with VIP clients, understanding their individual style preferences, and helping them select the perfect items from our client’s collection.
If you are passionate about fashion and have previous experience working as a Personal Stylist, we encourage you to apply today!
- Develop long-lasting relationships with VIP clients by providing personalized styling services and excellent customer service
- Understand each VIP client’s individual style preferences and help them select the perfect items from our client’s collection
- Stay up-to-date on the latest fashion trends and advise VIP clients accordingly
- Maintain strong communication with the Store Manager regarding VIP clients’ needs and feedback
The Successful Applicant:
- 3+ years of experience working as a Personal Stylist or in a similar role
- In depth knowledge of current fashion trends
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- This is a full time position based in our flagship store in New York City.
- The salary for this role is 75k + commission with an annual bonus opportunity.
- Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401k match, vacation days, sick days, and more!
Personal Stylist Job Description sample
We are a fashion retailer that offers high-end clothing, shoes, and accessories for men and women. We are looking for a Personal Stylist to join our team in order to provide their clients with the best possible shopping experience.
- Act as a personal shopper for clients, providing them with style advice and helping them choose the perfect items for their needs
- Build strong relationships with clients in order to better understand their individual style preferences
- Stay up-to-date on the latest fashion trends in order to provide accurate style advice to clients
- Help customers pick out outfits for special occasions such as weddings or parties
- Assist with visual merchandising in the store when needed
- folding clothes, organizing displays, etc.
The Successful Applicant:
- 3+ years of experience working as a Personal Stylist or similar role
- Strong knowledge of current fashion trends Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build rapport with customers quickly Outstanding customer service skills
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package including health insurance and 401k
- Generous employee discount
A personal stylist is responsible for choosing the clothing for their clients. They work with both men and women and must be up to date on the latest fashion trends. Personal stylists may work in a retail setting, or they may work independently.
A successful personal stylist should have an excellent sense of style and good communication skills. There is no formal education required to become a personal stylist, but most successful ones have a degree in fashion or related field. The median salary for a personal stylist is $38,000 per year.