A pipeline inspector is responsible for the inspection of newly constructed pipelines and the maintenance of existing pipelines. In this blog we have provided some of the best Pipeline Inspector Job Description templates which are customizable & you can use according to your needs.
The duties of a pipeline inspector include ensuring that the pipeline is constructed according to specifications, conducting pressure tests, and inspecting for leaks. A pipeline inspector may also be responsible for conducting repairs on pipelines.
Responsibilities of a Pipeline Inspector:
The responsibilities of a pipeline inspector include, but are not limited to:
- Inspecting newly constructed pipelines to ensure that they are built according to specifications
- Conducting pressure tests on newly constructed pipelines
- Inspecting existing pipelines for leaks or damage
- Repairing leaks or damaged sections of pipelines
- Maintaining records of inspections and repairs
Salary of a Pipeline Inspector:
- The median salary for a pipeline inspector is $65,000 per year.
- The salary range for a pipeline inspector is $50,000-$80,000 per year.
- Factors that can affect the salary of a pipeline inspector include experience, education, and location.
Pipeline Inspector Job Description
This is a great opportunity to join a market leading organization that are continuing to go from strength to strength, despite the current pandemic. We have an excellent reputation in their field and offer great opportunities for career progression.
- The main purpose of the role is to provide technical support during the construction of new pipeline infrastructure projects across the UK.
- You will be responsible for carrying out quality control inspections on site, ensuring that all works are completed in accordance with company standards and procedures.
- You will also be required to liaise with clients, contractors and other members of the project team on a daily basis.
- Other duties will include attending project meetings, preparing reports and maintaining accurate records throughout the duration of each project.
The Successful Applicant:
- Must have previous experience working as a Pipeline Inspector or similar role within the oil & gas industry.
- Must hold valid CSCS certification.
- A HNC/HND or Degree in Mechanical Engineering would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal are essential for this role along with strong interpersonal skills.
- Salary up to £35,000 per annum dependent on experience + benefits package
Pipeline utility inspector job description
We are a large, international organization who operate in the engineering and construction sector. We are currently working on a number of major projects in the UK and overseas, and as a result are looking to hire a Pipeline Utility Inspector to join our team on a long-term basis.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out inspections of pipeline utility worksites to ensure that they are compliant with Health & Safety regulations.
- You will also be required to liaise with clients and other stakeholders, as well as preparing reports detailing your findings.
- In addition, you will be responsible for ensuring that all work is out in accordance with company policies and procedures.
The Successful Applicant:
- Must have previous experience working as a Pipeline Utility Inspector or similar role.
- Must hold relevant qualifications (e.g. NEBOSH).
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work independently and use own initiative.
- Must be willing to travel when required.
Pipeline safety inspector job description
We are a leading Oil and Gas company in Canada. We are looking for a Pipeline Safety Inspector to join our team. Our company offers a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work on some of the most high-profile projects in the country.
- Conduct pipeline patrols and inspections according to schedule and procedure
- Monitor construction activity near pipelines and report any potential hazards
- Investigate incidents or complaints involving pipelines, facilities, or right of ways
- Maintain accurate records of inspections, patrols, and investigations
- Prepare reports on findings and make recommendations for corrective action when necessary
- Assist with emergency response activities as needed
- Other duties as assigned
The Successful Applicant:
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Salary range is $60-$70k per year depending on experience
- Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k match
- 3 weeks vacation + 1 week sick time
Junior Pipeline Inspector Job Description
We are a leading international provider of inspection, repair and maintenance services for oil and gas pipelines. We are currently seeking a Junior Pipeline Inspector to join our team.
- Conducting regular inspections of pipelines and associated infrastructure
- Identifying and reporting any defects or damage to the pipeline
- Liaising with other members of the inspection team to ensure that all aspects of the pipeline are inspected
- Assist in the development and implementation of new inspection methods and techniques
- Maintain accurate records of all inspections carried out
- Undertake any other duties as required by the Senior Pipeline Inspector or Line Manager.
The Successful Applicant will have:
- A strong interest in working with pipelines and associated infrastructure
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading organization within the oil and gas industry.
- Our client offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and opportunities for career progression
A career as a pipeline inspector can be both rewarding and challenging. Pipeline inspectors are responsible for ensuring the safety of pipelines and protecting the environment from potential leaks or damage. If you have interest in a career as a pipeline inspector, research what education and experience you will need to qualify for the job. Once you have the necessary qualifications, apply for jobs with companies that operate in your desired geographical area.