If you’re considering hiring a property manager, then you’re on the right track. A quality property manager can make your life easier, maximize your profits and give you peace of mind knowing that your property is in good hands. But what exactly does a property manager do? Let’s take a closer look at the job description, responsibilities, duties, salary, and requirements of a property manager.
Responsibilities & Duties of a Property Manager:
- A property manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of rental properties including single-family homes and multiple-unit dwellings such as apartment complexes and condominiums.
- This includes advertising vacancies, screening tenants, collecting rent payments, conducting regular inspections, and responding to tenants’ complaints.
- The job also involves maintaining financial records including income and expenses related to the rental units; keeping detailed records of all maintenance issues; resolving tenant disputes; and responding to requests for repairs in a timely manner.
Qualifications & Compensation for Property Managers:
- In order to be successful in this role, it is important that a property manager have excellent organizational skills as well as strong customer service abilities.
- Most employers prefer candidates with at least two years of experience in real estate or facilities management.
- The average salary for this position ranges from $45K to $65K depending on experience and geographical location.
Property Manager Job Description
We are a market leader in commercial real estate with a network of over 500 offices worldwide. We are looking for a Property Manager to join our team in London. As the Property Manager, you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of properties and providing excellent customer service to tenants.
- Manage a portfolio of properties and provide excellent customer service to tenants
- Negotiate leases and manage renewals
- Handle day-to-day maintenance requests and coordinate repairs with vendors
- Monitor compliance with lease terms and regulations
- Prepare monthly reports on property performance
The Successful Applicant:
- Degree in Real Estate, Business Administration, or related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience in property management or related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with tenants, landlords, and vendors
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Competitive salary
- Generous benefits package
- Opportunity for career growth
Assistant Property Manager Job Description
We are a rapidly growing property management company that specializes in luxury apartments and condos. We are currently looking to hire an Assistant Property Manager to help manage one of their most prestigious properties. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to take the next step in their career and grow with a company.
The Assistant Property Manager will be responsible for assisting the Property Manager with all aspects of day-to-day operations at the property. This includes but is not limited to:
- Leasing Apartments: Assist with Showing Apartments, Processing Applications, and Move-ins/Move-outs
- Maintenance: Coordinating Maintenance Requests and Work Orders, Inspecting Units, etc.
- Financials: Assisting with Rent Collection, Preparation of Monthly Financial Reports, etc.
- Customer Service: Responding to Tenant Inquiries and Concerns in a timely manne
- Other duties as assigned by the Property Manager or Regional Manager.
The Successful Applicant will have:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in residential property management
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- The ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Salary DOE + benefits package including medical/dental/vision insurance & 401k plan
Residential Property Manager Job Description
We are a well-established and growing property management company that specializes in the management of high-end residential properties. As we are headquartered in New York City, but they have regional offices in major cities across the United States. We are looking for a Residential Property Manager to join our team and help manage their portfolio of luxury apartments and condos.
The Residential Property Manager will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the day-to-day operations of a portfolio of luxury residential properties. This will include managing staff, budgeting, financial reporting, lease administration, vendor relations, and resident relations.
The Residential Property Manager will also be responsible for ensuring that the properties are well-maintained and operated in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working as a Residential Property Manager or a similar role
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, real estate, or a related field
- Strong financial acumen and experience preparing budgets and financial reports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience dealing with difficult situations
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Competitive salary DOE
- bonus opportunities
- benefits package including medical insurance + 401k plan
Commercial Property Manager Job Description
We are a leading commercial real estate company that owns, develops, and manages office, retail, industrial, and residential properties. We are looking for a Commercial Property Manager to join our their team.
- The Commercial Property Manager will be responsible for the overall management of assigned commercial properties.
- This includes but is not limited to: financial performance, asset preservation, operations and maintenance, capital improvements, leasing/marketing, and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- The Commercial Property Manager will work closely with the ownership group, tenants, vendors, and other team members to ensure that the property is well maintained and operated in a efficient manner.
- Other duties include preparing budgets/financial reports, overseeing capital improvement projects, negotiating leases/contracts,, interacting with government agencies,, and maintaining positive tenant relations.
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing commercial real estate properties is required.
- Must have strong financial acumen with the ability to prepare budgets and proformas.
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential as this position requires regular interaction with tenants,, vendors, government agencies, and ownership group members..
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills are also required. BOMA Certified Property Manager (CPM) or RPA designation preferred.
- The ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment is essential. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is require.
- A valid driver’s license is required along with reliable transportation
- Some travel may be required (less than 10%).
- This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company that offers career advancement potential along with a competitive salary + bonus program + benefits package including medical insurance, 401k plan w/ employer match, vacation days & paid holidays!
With the right experience and certifications under your belt, you can be sure that this job offers competitive salaries while giving you ample opportunity to hone your skillset while ensuring each property is safe and sound! If this sounds like something you’d love doing then it may just be time to start your journey toward becoming an official property inspector today! Good luck!