A regulatory specialist is responsible for ensuring compliance with the applicable regulations that govern their industry. This role is typically found in industries such as healthcare, finance, and aviation, where there are complex laws and regulations that must be followed. In this blog post, we’ll go over the job description responsibilities, duties, requirements, and salary of a regulatory specialist.
Job Description Responsibilities Of a Regulatory Specialist:
- A regulatory specialist’s main responsibility is to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and laws within their field.
- This involves researching existing rules and regulations as well as staying informed about any new ones that arise.
- They also need to have a thorough understanding of the industry-specific regulations and how they relate to the company’s operations.
- The regulatory specialist will develop policies and procedures that ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- They will also be in charge of monitoring any changes or updates to those laws or regulations and making sure all employees are aware of them.
- Additionally, they will work closely with internal stakeholders such as legal teams, executives or other departments to ensure full compliance throughout the organization.
Duties & Requirements
The duties of a regulatory specialist include
- researching laws and regulations related to their industry
- developing policies and procedures; monitoring changes in laws or regulation
- ensuring full compliance; communicating with internal stakeholders
- providing guidance on industry-related topics
- conducting training sessions for staff on relevant issues
- staying up-to-date on current trends; attending conferences or seminars related to their field
- working collaboratively with other departments within the organization
- drafting documents related to compliance matters
- preparing reports for senior management on areas of non-compliance
- responding promptly to inquiries from auditors or regulators regarding compliance matters.
Salary Of a Regulatory Specialist
- The average salary for a Regulatory Specialist can range from $50k – $90k depending on experience level & location among other factors such as tenure with the company & certifications held by the individual candidate .
- The median annual salary for this role is approximately $68K according to data collected by Pay Scale .
- In addition , many employers also offer benefits packages including health insurance , vacation time , 401(k) plans , & other perks .
Regulatory Specialist Job Description
We are a leading financial services firm with presence in more than 50 countries and a rich heritage spanning over 200 years. We have been at the forefront of innovation, providing bespoke solutions that meet the ever-changing needs of their clients. The firm is now one of the world’s largest asset managers, with assets under management totaling over US$3 trillion.
- The Regulatory Specialist will be responsible for providing regulatory advice and guidance to business units within the firm.
- He/she will also be required to keep abreast of regulatory developments and provide updates to senior management on a regular basis.
- Furthermore, the Regulatory Specialist will be required to liaise with external regulators when necessary.
- Other duties include but are not limited to: conducting regulatory reviews, preparing submissions to regulators, and participating in ad hoc projects as required.
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a similar role within the financial services industry is essential for this role.
- In addition, experience working with US regulations would be highly advantageous.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team is also crucial for this role. Finally, excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
- This is a full time permanent position based in New York City.
- Competitive salary and benefits package on offer.
- Opportunity to work for a market leading firm.
- Excellent career progression prospects..
Medical Affairs Specialist Job Description
We are one of the top 10 global Pharmaceutical company. We are currently expanding their US medical affairs team and hiring for a Medical Affairs Specialist. This role will be responsible for providing field-based scientific and educational support to healthcare providers in order to ensure optimal patient care with the use of their products. The territory for this role will be the Southeast US.
- Serve as a field-based scientific resource on assigned products and disease states for Healthcare Providers (HCPs).
- Execute approved promotional educational programs/speaker programs designed to promote proper product utilization within the guidelines set by My Client, FDA, and other regulatory agencies.
- Collect HCP feedback on educational needs, program effectiveness, and product safety/efficacy; report findings/trends to appropriate internal customers.
- Understand current clinical practice patterns related to assigned products/disease states as well as ongoing clinical research projects related to these areas in order to effectively communicate trends/findings internally and externally.
- Attend major National & Regional meetings relevant to disease state(s) covered; prepare abstract/podium presentations based on findings for submission by deadlines set by Therapeutic Area Lead or designee; actively participate in development of symposia when applicable.
The Successful Applicant:
- Must have a MD or DO degree plus 2 years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry OR PhD plus 1 year of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry OR PharmD plus 3 years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry – ABMS Board Certification preferred but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required including presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining attention detail
- This is a full time permanent role that offers a competitive base salary + bonus + car allowance + full benefits package including 401k match!
Clinical Regulatory Specialist Job Description
We are a leading provider of clinical research solutions with an international reach. We are passionate to helping our clients get new drugs and devices to market quickly and efficiently, while ensuring compliance with regulations.
- The Clinical Regulatory Specialist will be responsible for the development and implementation of regulatory strategies for clinical trials conducted by the company.
- They will work closely with the Senior Manager of Regulatory Affairs to ensure that all trials are conducted in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- The Specialist will also be responsible for preparing and submitting regulatory filings to various government agencies, as well as keeping abreast of changes in regulations that could impact the company’s operations.
- In addition, they will provide support to the clinical team during audits conducted by regulatory authorities.
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of five years’ experience working in a regulatory affairs role within the pharmaceutical or medical device industry is required for this position.
- Experience working on international clinical trials is highly prefer.
- The ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously is essential, as is excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Salary is negotiable based on experience
Research Regulatory Specialist Job Description
We are a top-tier investment bank with a global reach. We are known for our cutting edge technology. And we are looking for a Regulatory Specialist to join our team. The role will be based in New York City.
The Regulatory Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Conducting research on regulatory developments and communicating findings to the relevant stakeholders
- Assisting in the development of policies and procedures related to compliance with regulations
- Providing support to the business units in understanding and implementing new regulations
- Participating in projects related to regulatory change
- Keeping abreast of developments in the regulatory environment and identifying potential impacts on the bank’s businesses
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a financial institution, law firm, or consultancy specializing in financial regulation
- Strong research skills with the ability to digest complex information quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
Offer Details: Excellent salary and benefits package including bonus and 401k match
Becoming a Regulatory Specialist requires extensive knowledge of relevant state/federal statutes/regulations concerning those industries you plan on working in combined with excellent communication skills both verbally & written along with strong negotiation skills & analytical capabilities . It’s important that you stay up-to-date on current trends so you can provide advice based on your expertise & experience .
With hard work , dedication , & an understanding of all applicable laws , you can become an accomplished Regulatory Specialist who helps organizations understand their obligations when it comes to regulation ! The average salary for this role is approximately $68K according to data collected by PayScale in 2020 which makes it an attractive career choice !