Are you looking for an exciting role that allows you to use your analytical and data-driven skills? A research analyst is a highly sought-after position in the professional world and offers the opportunity to work with a wealth of valuable data. If you’re considering entering this field, read on to learn more about Research Analyst job description responsibilities, duties, requirements, and salary.
Research Analyst Responsibilities & Duties
Research analysts are responsible for gathering quantitative and qualitative data on topics related to their employers’ interests. This could include conducting surveys, analyzing market trends, and studying customer demographics.
They must then present their findings in reports that are easy to understand yet comprehensive enough to provide meaningful insights. Furthermore, research analysts may be called upon to develop value-added strategies that align with the company’s goals.
Research Analyst’s Requirements
Generally speaking, research analysts should have strong analytical skills as well as an aptitude for understanding complex datasets. It is also important that they possess excellent communication skills so they can relay their findings in an effective manner. In addition, research analysts should have experience using software programs like Excel and Tableau, which are often used for data analysis purposes.
Research Analyst Salary
The average salary for a research analyst varies greatly depending on experience level and location but typically falls between $45K-$85K yearly. That said, some research analysts earn upwards of six figures annually depending on the type of organization they work for and the complexity of their projects.
Research Analyst Job Description
This research and consulting firm is headquartered in Boston with offices across the US. We work with clients in the financial services, healthcare, and retail industries. Our company is looking for a Research Analyst to join our team.
The Research Analyst will be responsible for conducting primary and secondary research, data analysis, report writing, and project management. This person will work closely with the Senior Research Analyst and Director of Research on projects. The ideal candidate has experience working in a research or consulting role and is able to work independently as well as collaboratively on projects.
- Conduct primary and secondary research using online databases, surveys, interviews, etc.
- Analyze data using statistical methods
- Write reports summarizing findings from research projects
- Manage small to medium sized research projects from start to finish
- Present findings from research projects to clients or internal teams
- Stay up to date on trends in the market research industry
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience working in a market research or consulting role required
- Strong analytical skills with experience analyzing data using statistical methods required
- Excellent written communication skills with experience writing reports summarizing findings from research projects required
offer Details: 75k – 85k Base Salary + Bonus Eligible 401K Matching Full Benefits Package including Healthcare/Dental/Vision 3 weeks PTO remote until 2021 then hybrid thereafter Company Name: XYZ Consulting Firm Industry verticals: Healthcare / Financial Services / Retail Location: Boston (initially remote until Q1 2021 then hybrid)
Institutional Research Analyst Job Description
We are leading financial institution with a strong presence in the United States. We are looking for an institutional research analyst job description to join our team. The company offers a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to grow within the company.
- Conducts analysis of data from multiple sources including surveys, secondary market research, and internal data to support business needs of the organization.
- Develops presentations summarizing findings and recommendations for use by senior management.
- Supports ad hoc requests for information and analyses from various business units.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Successful Applicant:
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in conducting data analysis and developing presentations for senior management
- Must be proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Bachelors degree required, Masters degree preferred
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunity for growth within the company
- 401k + match
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage
Prospect Research Analyst Job Description
We are market leader in providing software solutions to the retail industry. We have been in business for over 20 years and have a global presence. Currently looking for an Employee Retention Specialist to join our team.
- The Employee Retention Specialist will be responsible for developing and implementing employee retention strategies.
- He/She will also be responsible for conducting exit interviews, analyzing data, and recommending changes to improve employee retention.
- Other duties include creating and maintaining employee files, updating employee handbooks, and assisting with onboarding new employees.
- The Employee Retention Specialist will report directly to the HR Manager.
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in Human Resources is required for this position.
- The ideal candidate will have experience conducting exit interviews and analyzing data.
- He/She must also be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and have excellent communication skills.
- Salary is Negotiable
- Full Benefits Package
- 401k Plan
- Paid Time Off
Sales Research Analyst Job Description
[Company Name] is a market leader in the [SaaS industry/field]. We boast a lot of inbound business and are actively looking to hire four Business Development Representatives. This is a 100% remote-based opportunity with a highly competitive salary.
- Serve as the main point of contact and liaison between clients and the rest of the internal team
- Empower customers to connect their goals and challenges with our solution
- Take ownership of new accounts and manage their onboarding
- Lead online webinars, consultations, and one-on-one demos to educate customers on features of our product
- Stay in touch with clients to ensure they’re realizing full potential of software
- Build, own, and execute client success and engagement plans
- Lead cross functional improvement initiatives and projects
- Represent voice of customer and influence product development roadmap
The Successful Applicant will have:
- 3+ years’ experience in B2B SaaS customer success or account management working with accounts varying sizes
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
_ High energy & positive attitude _ Ability to take initiative & adapt
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Unlimited PTO from day one + paid leave for new parents
- WFH stipend, monthly wellness allowance, & amazing merchandise
A career as a research analyst can be incredibly rewarding! Not only do you get to work with cutting edge technology and tackle difficult problems every day—you get paid well too! Before deciding if this job is right for you though, it is important to understand what responsibilities come with it as well as the necessary qualifications and expected salary range. With so much potential upside though, it’s no wonder why many people are turning towards research analyst roles as a viable option for their professional careers!