A rigger is a professional who is responsible for the installation, operation, and maintenance of stage rigging systems. In this blog we have provided some of the top Rigger Job Description templates which are ready to use & you can use according to your needs.
Riggers are trained in the use of various tools and equipment, including ladders, scaffolding, and cranes. They must be able to safely and efficiently work at heights. Riggers typically work in theatre, live events, and construction settings.
Responsibilities Of a Rigger:
- Riggers are responsible for the installation, operation, and maintenance of stage rigging systems.
- They must be able to safely and efficiently work at heights.
- Riggers typically work in theatre, live events, and construction settings.
Duties Of a Rigger:
Riggers typically have the following duties:
- Read and interpret blueprints or specifications
- Inspect rigging equipment to ensure that it is safe to use
- Assemble and install rigging equipment
- Operate rigging equipment
- Maintain and repair rigging equipment
- Disassemble and remove rigging equipment
- Train other workers in the use of rigging equipment
- Work with other crew members to ensure that all elements of a production are executed safely and on schedule
- Follow all safety regulations
Salary Of a Rigger:
- The median annual salary for riggers is $35,530. The top 10% earn more than $70,000 per year.
- The bottom 10% earn less than $18,000 per year. Riggers are typically paid hourly or daily rates.
- Companies may also offer perks such as health insurance and paid time off.
Rigger Job Description
We are a leading entertainment company who produce and distribute some of the most popular films, television shows and stage productions in the world. We are currently looking for a Rigger to join our team on a long-term basis.
The Rigger will be responsible for assembling and operating rigging equipment for lifting or moving lights, scenery and other stage production items. Other duties include:
- Assisting with the construction of rigging equipment
- Inspecting and maintaining rigging equipment
- Operating pulleys, blocks, winches and other related equipment
- Following safety procedures when handling heavy loads
- Working closely with other members of the production team to ensure smooth operations.
The Successful Applicant:
To be successful in this role you will need previous experience working as a Rigger or a similar role within the entertainment industry. You will also need to possess the following skills and attributes:
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good physical stamina and strength
- The ability to follow instructions accurately
- Long term contract – Based in London – Competitive salary
Telecom rigger job description
We are a leading provider of end-to-end network solutions. We provide innovative products and services that allow their customers to stay ahead of the competition.
The telecom rigger will be responsible for the installation, configuration, and maintenance of our client’s telecom equipment. The successful candidate will have experience working with copper and fiber optic cables, as well as experience in installing and troubleshooting telecom equipment.
In addition, the telecom rigger will be responsible for documenting all work completed.
The Successful Applicant
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with copper and fiber optic cables
- Experience in installing and troubleshooting telecom equipment
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Valid driver’s license
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Company truck provided
- Opportunity for career growth
Rigger foreman job description
We are a leader in the engineering and construction industry. We are currently seeking a Rigger Foreman to join our team in San Diego, CA.
- The Rigger Foreman will be responsible for the coordination and supervision of all rigging activities on assigned projects.
- He/she will oversee the rigging crew, ensure that all rigging equipment is properly used and maintained, and that all safety regulations are followed.
- The Rigger Foreman will also be responsible for preparing rigging plans and ensuring that all loads are properly secured before they are lifted.
- Other duties will include training new riggers, maintaining inventory of all rigging equipment, and keeping accurate records of all lifting operations.
- This is a full-time position with overtime opportunities available.
The Successful Applicant:
- Must have 3+ years of experience as a rigger or foreman
- Must have experience supervising a crew of riggers
- Must have experience preparing rigging plans
- Must be able to lift heavy objects (up to 50 lbs.) without assistance
- Must be knowledgeable of all OSHA regulations regarding rigging operations
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits package
- Overtime opportunities
Crane rigger job description
We are a leading construction company who specialize in commercial and residential projects. We are currently seeking an experienced and qualified crane rigger to join our team.
- Assemble, install, maintain, inspect, and repair rigging gear such as pulleys, blocks, winches, wires, ropes, and sheaves according to safety regulations
- Read blueprints or other instructions to determine the equipment needed for each job
- Examine load to be moved in order to determine amount of slack required in line
- Signal crane operator using hand signals or radio transmissions to guide movement of load
- Attach loads securely using hand tools or power wrenches
- Cut lines when instructed by operator using knives or power saws following safety procedures
- Perform maintenance checks on all rigging equipment regularly according to company guidelines
- Keep work area clean and free from hazards at all times
The Successful Applicant:
- Must have previous experience working as a crane rigger
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints and other instructions
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills
- Salary is negotiable depending on experience + benefits
In conclusion, being a rigger is a crucial and challenging job that requires a strong understanding of engineering principles, safety protocols, and industry regulations. It involves the use of specialized equipment and techniques to lift, move, and position heavy objects in a variety of settings, including construction sites, warehouses, and manufacturing facilities.
Riggers must have the physical strength, mental agility, and attention to detail to handle tasks with precision and efficiency. They play a vital role in ensuring the safe and successful completion of projects, and their skills are highly valued in many industries.
If you are interested in pursuing a career as a rigger, it is important to have a strong foundation in math and science, as well as the ability to work well in a team and adhere to strict safety guidelines. With the right training and experience, a career as a rigger can be rewarding and fulfilling.