If you’re looking for an exciting career in safety and compliance, then the position of Safety Coordinator might be just what you need. In this job you will be responsible for minimizing risks throughout a workplace by creating and implementing safety measures. It’s a challenging but rewarding role as it can help save lives and prevent injuries. Let’s take a look at the responsibilities, duties, requirements, and salary of becoming a Safety Coordinator. These safety coordinator job description outlines the responsibilities & expectations .So you can determine if it’s a good fit for you.
Responsibilities & Duties
The main responsibility of a Safety Coordinator is to ensure that organizations and businesses are compliant with federal and local safety regulations. This requires researching applicable laws, rules, regulations, codes, standards and guidelines related to health and safety within their organization or company. This research must be ongoing as regulations change frequently; staying abreast of these changes is key to the success of any Safety Coordinator.
Safety Coordinators also conduct job site inspections on a regular basis in order to assess if there are any potential risks or dangers that need to be addressed immediately. They must also evaluate workplace processes for possible safety improvements; develop safety policies; compile safety documentation; train employees on safe practices; investigate accidents; document injury reports; analyze data from incident investigations; provide reports to management on employee injuries and illnesses; coordinate emergency response plans with local authorities; participate in audit activities; develop hazard assessment programs. All these duties are critical components of being an effective Safety Coordinator.
Requirements & Salary
In order to become a successful Safety Coordinator, applicants must have excellent communication skills as well as strong organizational abilities. They should also have knowledge of OHSA guidelines, OSHA standards and other applicable laws related to safety procedures in the workplace.
A bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health & Safety or related field is usually required for this position although some employers will accept candidates who have experience instead of formal qualifications. The average annual salary for a Safety Coordinator ranges from $45k – $75k depending on experience level and geographic location.
Safety Coordinator Job Description
We are a market leader in the food and beverage industry. We are committed to providing a safe work environment for all employees and have a strong focus on safety and compliance. This position will be based at our corporate headquarters in Atlanta, GA.
- The Safety Coordinator will be responsible for developing, implementing, and coordinating safety programs and initiatives to ensure a safe work environment for all employees.
- This role will also be responsible for conducting safety audits and investigations, as well as analyzing data to identify trends and recommend corrective action plans.
- Other duties include maintaining accurate records, preparing reports, and assisting with the development of emergency response plans.
- The Safety Coordinator will also serve as a resource to employees on safety issues and concerns.
The Successful Applicant:
- Must have 3+ years of experience in a safety role within a manufacturing or industrial setting
- Must have experience conducting safety audits and investigations
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) are required
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask is essential
- Competitive salary + bonus potential
- Full benefits package including 401k match & tuition reimbursement
- Opportunity for career growth & development
Food Safety Coordinator Job Description
We are a food company that is local to the area and has been in business for over 30 years. We have a great reputation in the industry and are known for their high quality products.
- The food safety coordinator will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining the food safety program.
- They will also be responsible for conducting audits and inspections, as well as investigating complaints.
- The coordinator will develop standard operating procedures and train employees on food safety practices.
- They will also maintain records of all food safety activities.
The Successful Applicant:
- Must have a degree in Food Science or a related field
- Must have previous experience working in a food manufacturing environment
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Must be detail oriented and able to work independently
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunity for growth and advancement
Patient Safety Coordinator Job Description
We area leading healthcare organization who are passionate about improving patient safety and providing quality care. We are looking for an experienced Patient Safety Coordinator to join our team in Sydney.
- The main focus of the role will be to coordinate and manage patient safety initiatives across the organisation.
- You will be responsible for developing and implementing systems and processes to identify, report and investigate incidents.
- You will also be required to provide training to staff on patient safety procedures and lead improvement projects.
- In addition, you will be required to maintain accurate records and reporting on patient safety incidents.
The Successful Applicant:
- To be successful in this role, you must have previous experience working as a Patient Safety Coordinator or similar role within a healthcare setting.
- You must have excellent communication skills and be able to work collaboratively with different teams across the organisation.
- In addition, you must have strong problem solving skills and be able to take initiative when needed.
This is a full time permanent position based in Sydney CBD paying up to $110,000 + superannuation
Construction Safety Coordinator Job Description
We are a leading provider of construction safety solutions. We are committed to protecting workers and ensuring that their jobsites are safe. Currently looking for a Safety Coordinator to join their team.
- The Safety Coordinator will be responsible for developing and implementing safety plans, training workers on safety procedures, and conducting audits.
- They will also be responsible for investigating accidents and incidents, and working with the management team to develop corrective action plans.
- The Safety Coordinator will work closely with the project managers and superintendents to ensure that job sites are safe and compliant with OSHA regulations.
- They will also serve as a liaison between the company and regulatory agencies.
The Successful Applicant:
- The successful candidate will have experience working in construction or a related field.
- They must have excellent communication skills and be able to work independently.
- The ability to multitask and prioritize is essential in this role.
- This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. salary is negotiable based on experience
As you can see, the position of Safety Coordinator plays an important role in ensuring the well-being of workers within an organization or business by reducing health risks and complying with relevant laws and regulations. If you think that you possess all the necessary qualifications—or if you would like to learn more about becoming one—then this could be the perfect opportunity for you! Start your search today!