The Senior Estimator is a professional who provides cost estimates for construction projects. They work with the project manager and other members of the construction team to develop an accurate estimate of the project’s costs. This blog contains some of the proven Senior Estimator Job Description ideas for you.
This estimate is used to determine the project budget and to make decisions about how to proceed with the project. The Senior Estimator role is vital to the success of a construction project. They are responsible for ensuring that the project stays on budget and that all costs are accounted for. They also play a key role in the planning and execution of the project.
Responsibilities Of a Senior Estimator:
- The Senior Estimator is responsible for preparing cost estimates for construction projects. They work with the project manager and other members of the construction team to develop an accurate estimate of the project’s costs. This estimate is used to determine the project budget and to make decisions about how to proceed with the project.
- The Senior Estimator is responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the construction project are accounted for in the estimate. This includes materials, labor, equipment, permits, and any other costs that may be incurred during the course of the project. The Senior Estimator must also take into account any risks that may impact the cost of the project.
- The Senior Estimator works closely with the project manager to develop a realistic schedule for the completion of the construction project. They use their knowledge of construction methods and processes to develop a schedule that takes into account all of the necessary tasks that need to be completed in order to complete the project on time and on budget.
Roles Of a Senior Estimator:
- The Senior Estimator plays a key role in the planning and execution of construction projects.
- They are responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the project are accounted for in the estimate.
- This includes materials, labor, equipment, permits, and any other costs that may be incurred during the course of the project.
- The Senior Estimator must also take into account any risks that may impact the cost of the project .
Duties Of a Senior Estimator
The duties of a Senior Estimator typically include the following:
- Researching and gathering data on material ,labor ,and equipment costs
- Analyzing data to determine cost trends
- Identifying potential risks and estimating their impact on the project cost
- Working with the project manager to develop a realistic schedule for the completion of the construction project
Salary Of a Senior Estimator:
- The median salary for a Senior Estimator is $85 ,000 .However ,salaries can rangefrom $60 ,000to $110 ,000per year ,depending on experience ,location ,and company size .
Senior Estimator Job Description
This Senior Estimator will be working for a large general contractor in the New York area. Our company has been in business for over 50 years and specializes in high-rise construction. We have worked on some of the most iconic buildings in New York City and have an excellent reputation within the industry
- The Senior Estimator will be responsible for preparing cost estimates for new construction projects.
- They will work closely with the project manager and superintendent to ensure that all costs are accounted for.
- The Senior Estimator will also be responsible for reviewing bids from subcontractors and suppliers.
- They will negotiate pricing with these vendors and award contracts as needed.
- The Senior Estimator will need to maintain accurate records of all costs associated with each project.
- They will also prepare reports detailing their findings and present them to upper management as needed.
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working as an estimator on construction projects is required.
- Experience working on high-rise projects is preferred but not required.
- The ability to read blueprints and plans is a must.
- Strong negotiation skills are also required.
- Salary is commensurate with experience
Senior estimation engineer job description
We are a world leader in providing engineering, project management and operations services to the energy, chemicals, minerals, metals, and produced materials industries. As we provide these services to companies throughout the world through a network of more than 60 offices in over 30 countries. Our company has been in business for over 80 years and employs more than 35,000 people worldwide.
- Serve as the lead estimator on large projects ($50M+)
- Prepare comprehensive cost estimates for all phases of projects from concept development through start-up
- Utilize parametric models and cost databases to develop reliable estimates
- Identify and quantify risk associated with various project execution strategies
- Understand contractual obligations and insurance requirements related to estimation activities
- Interface with clients, vendors, and other stakeholders during the estimating process
- Review proposals/bids from subcontractors and suppliers to ensure compliance with scope of work
The Successful Applicant:
- BS degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- 8+ years of experience working as an estimator on EPC projects in the oil & gas industry
- Experience using Primavera P6 for estimation purposes preferred
- Strong understanding of project contracting strategies (i.e. lump sum turnkey, unit price)
- Competitive salary + bonus + benefits
Senior electrical estimator job description
We provide commercial and industrial electrical contracting services. We are looking for an experienced Senior Electrical Estimator to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience estimating large projects in the commercial, healthcare, and/or institutional markets
- Review project documents (e.g., drawings, RFPs, contracts, etc.) to fully understand scope of work and project requirements
- Perform quantity takeoffs to develop accurate material and labor estimates
- Prepare cost analysis based on company pricing standards and historical data
- Utilize estimating software programs (e.g., ProEst) to generate proposals
- Collaborate with project managers, engineers, and other internal stakeholders during pre-construction phase
- Attend job site visits and coordinate with subcontractors as needed
- Negotiate pricing with vendors/suppliers to secure favorable terms
- Review final estimates with senior management prior to submission to client/owner
- Monitor actual costs vs. estimated costs throughout duration of project and make adjustments as necessary
The Successful Applicant:
- Education & Experience Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in electrical construction estimation
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management preferred
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) & estimating software programs (ProEst)
- Ability to read & interpret construction documents such as blueprints & specifications
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Highly competitive salary + benefits package
- 401k + match
- Full health insurance coverage
- PTO + paid holidays
Senior estimator job description construction
We are a well-established construction company who has been in business for over 50 years. As we are a family owned business who takes pride in their work and have an excellent reputation in the industry. We are looking for a Senior Estimator to join their team.
- Manage the estimating process from start to finish for assigned projects, ensuring that all bids are accurate and submitted on time
- Review project plans and specifications, identify potential risks and opportunities, and develop pricing strategies accordingly
- Perform quantity takeoffs and material cost analysis; prepare detailed reports outlining your findings
- Develop relationships with key vendors and subcontractors, negotiate favorable terms, and secure competitive pricing proposals
- Collaborate with project managers, engineers, architects, and other members of the project team to ensure that estimates are complete and accurate
- Attend pre-bid meetings and site visits as needed; collect data related to specific project conditions that may impact the estimate (e.g., weather conditions, access issues)
- Stay up to date on industry trends, new products/materials, etc. in order to provide accurate estimates
The Successful Applicant:
- Proven experience as an estimator or similar role within the construction industry
- Strong understanding of construction methods & materials
- Excellent math skills with the ability to perform complex calculations quickly & accurately
- Proficient using MS Office applications (Word, Excel) & estimating software programs (e.g., Bluebeam Revu)
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
Estimating is a complex process that takes years of experience to perfect. The best estimators are able to take into account all the variables that go into a project and develop an accurate estimate. They can also adjust their estimates as new information becomes available. If you’re looking for a career in construction, estimating may be the right field for you. We hope you found this blog helpful as you explore your options.