A service manager is a professional who is responsible for the planning, execution, and delivery of a company’s services. This blog contains some of the proven Service Manager Job Description templates which will help you choosing the right for you
The service manager is responsible for ensuring that the quality of the services meets the standards set by the company and that the customers are satisfied with the service. The role of the service manager is crucial to the success of a company as they are responsible for ensuring that the company’s services are delivered on time, within budget, and to the required standard.
Responsibilities of a Service Manager
The responsibilities of a service manager vary depending on the size and type of company. However, there are some common duties and responsibilities that are associated with the role of service manager. These include:
- Planning and designing service delivery processes
- Defining and documenting service levels
- Agreeing service targets with customers
- Monitoring and measuring service performance against targets
- Upholding quality standards
- Analyzing customer feedback
- Investigating and resolving customer complaints
- Managing customer expectations
- Managing supplier relationships
- Building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Managing budgets
- Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation
- Writing reports
- presenting findings to senior managers.
Service Manager Job Description
We are a leading provider of outsourced engineering and technical services to the oil, gas, petrochemical, power generation and other industries. Our company supports major capital investment programs for its blue chip client base in both onshore and offshore locations.
The Service Manager will be responsible for managing a team of engineers and technicians providing site-based support to our client’s operations. The successful candidate will have experience of working in a similar role within an engineering or manufacturing environment and will demonstrate excellent people management skills.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Managing a team of engineers and technicians providing site based support to our client’s operations
- Ensuring that health & safety, quality assurance and environmental procedures are adhered to
- Ensuring that service levels are achieved and customer expectations are met or exceeded
- Managing resources effectively to achieve targets set by the business
- Monitoring performance against KPIs and taking corrective action where necessary
- Conducting regular reviews with direct reports and agreeing development plans where appropriate.
The Successful Applicant:
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels both internally and externally
- Excellent planning & organizational skills with the ability to priorities workloads effectively in order to meet deadlines
- A strong focus on customer service with the ability to resolve issues in a timely manner
- This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Service Manager looking for their next career move.
- In return our client offers a competitive salary plus benefits package including car allowance/company car, pension scheme, private healthcare etc.
Customer service manager job description
We are a market leading provider of online customer service and support solutions. We are looking for an experienced Customer Service Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a team of customer service representatives and ensuring that they provide excellent customer service to our clients’ customers.
- Manage a team of customer service representatives
- Ensure that the team provides excellent customer service to our clients’ customers
- Train and coach team members on how to provide excellent customer service
- Handle escalated customer service issues
- Monitor call center metrics and identify areas of improvement
- Implement processes and procedures to improve the efficiency of the call center
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders within the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, or a related field; or equivalent experience
The Successful Applicant will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of customer service representatives in a call center environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and coaching skills
- Strong problem solving and decision making ability
- Ability to work in a fast paced ever changing environment
- Experience with call center metric reporting & analysis
- Experience with process improvement initiatives
- Base salary up to $85K DOE + bonus + comprehensive benefits package 401k with employer match Generous PTO policy
Client services manager job description
We are a leading provider of software solutions for the construction industry. As we are a global company with over 1,000 employees and offices in 15 countries. We offer a comprehensive suite of products and services that helps construction companies manage their projects, from estimating and bidding to project management and collaboration. We are looking for a Client Services Manager to join our team.
- Serve as the main point of contact for clients and manage all aspects of their account
- Build strong relationships with clients and provide exceptional customer service
- Understand clients’ needs and requirements and develop customized solutions
- Manage projects from start to finish, including scope, schedule, budget, risks/issues, change requests, etc.
- Coordinate project teams consisting of internal resources and external partners/vendors
- Prepare reports for senior management on project status, risks/issues, etc.
The Successful Applicant:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management preferred
- 5+ years of experience in customer service or project management within the construction industry
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of projects from start to finish
- This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits package.
- The company is headquartered in the US but this role can be based anywhere in the world.
Customer support manager job description
We are a market leader in providing data analysis software to a range of businesses. We are looking for an enthusiastic customer support manager to join our team and help provide an excellent level of service to our customers.
- The customer support manager will be responsible for leading and motivating a team of customer support executives.
- They will also be required to develop and implement strategies to improve customer satisfaction levels.
- In addition, they will be responsible for investigating and resolving complex customer complaints.
- Other duties include training new members of staff, monitoring performance levels, and managing budgets.
The Successful Applicant:
- The successful applicant will have previous experience working in a customer facing role.
- They will also have excellent leadership and communication skills.
- In addition, they will be able to work well under pressure and demonstrate good problem solving abilities.
- Salary up to £35,000 per annum DOE
In conclusion, the role of a Service Manager is crucial in ensuring the smooth operation and customer satisfaction of a business. They are responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of the service department, managing staff, and implementing processes to improve efficiency and customer satisfaction.
We hope this article has provided a comprehensive understanding of the responsibilities and skills required for this role. If you have any further questions or would like to learn more about other job descriptions, please leave a comment below or visit our website for more information. Thank you for reading!