Service plumbers are responsible for the installation, maintenance, and repair of plumbing systems in residential and commercial buildings. They work closely with customers to identify their needs and ensure that their plumbing systems are functioning properly. This Blog outlines some of the best Service Plumber Job Description examples to help you succeed in your career..
A typical day for a service plumber may include inspecting customer’s homes or businesses to determine the source of plumbing problems, making repairs to plumbing fixtures and pipes, and providing preventative maintenance advice to customers.
In addition to repairing and maintaining plumbing systems, service plumbers also install new plumbing fixtures and appliances. They must be able to read blueprints and follow instructions carefully to ensure that all installations are done properly.
Service plumbers must be able to work independently and be detail-oriented in order to complete their tasks efficiently.
Service Plumber Job Description
We are a well-established and growing plumbing company that has been in business for over 25 years. We are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Service Plumber to join our team.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience servicing residential and commercial plumbing systems.
- Respond to service calls from customers in a prompt, professional, and courteous manner
- Diagnose and repair various types of plumbing systems including but not limited to: water heaters, sump pumps, toilets, faucets, garbage disposals, showerheads, tubs, dishwashers, washing machines,
- Perform preventive maintenance on plumbing systems as needed or requested by customers
- Keep accurate records of all work performed including materials used, time spent on each job, etc.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area at all times
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while on the job site
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
The Successful Applicant:
- Minimum 5 years of experience servicing residential and commercial plumbing systems
- Must have valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Must be able to pass background check• Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Highly organized with great attention to detail
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds without assistance
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Full benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 401k plan
Plumbing job description
We are a top provider of plumbing services in the United States. We are looking for a qualified individual to fill their open Plumbing Job Description role.
The ideal candidate will have experience with all aspects of plumbing, including but not limited to fixtures, faucets, toilets, and water heaters. They should also be familiar with local building codes and regulations.
- Assemble, install, or repair pipes, fittings, or fixtures of heating, water, or drainage systems, according to specifications or plumbing codes.
- Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
- Study building plans and inspect structures to assess material and equipment needs in order to estimate costs and submit bids.
- Install supports for pipes before installation begins using hand tools such as hammers and wrenches as well as power tools such as drills and saws.
- Cut openings in walls and floors to accommodate pipe installations using hand tools such as power saws or core drills as well as power tools such as rotary drills.
- Join pipes together by soldering joints using torches while adhering strictly to safety protocols at all times.
- Mount support brackets on walls or ceilings using hand tools such as screwdrivers or levels as well as power tools such a drill guns and impact drivers when necessary . .
The Successful Applicant
- A minimum of 4 years experience in the field of plumbing is required for this role
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Ability to read blueprints is preferred but not required
- Must be able to lift 50lbs+ on a regular basis
- This is a full time position that offers competitive pay based on experience level along with health insurance benefits and 401k options upon completion of 90 days probationary period.
Maintenance plumber job description
We are a market leader in the Facilities Management industry. We are looking for an experienced Maintenance Plumber to join our team on a full-time basis.
This is a great opportunity to work with a reputable company that offers career progression and job stability.
The Maintenance Plumber will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Undertaking plumbing maintenance and repairs across the site
- Ensuring all works are completed to a high standard and within budget
- Liaising with clients and customers in a professional manner
- Carrying out risk assessments and providing safe working solutions
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations
- Maintaining accurate records of works completed
The Successful Applicant:
- The successful applicant will be an experienced Maintenance Plumber who holds relevant qualifications.
- They will have excellent communication skills and be able to work well under pressure.
- They will be comfortable working independently as well as part of a team.
- This is a full-time role offering an annual salary of £30,000 – £35,000 depending on experience.
Plumbing technician job description
We are a market leading organization within the Facilities Management industry, with an impressive portfolio of high-profile clients. Due to recent growth and success, they are now looking for a Plumbing Technician to join our team on a full time basis.
- As the Plumbing Technician, you will be responsible for carrying out planned and reactive maintenance across our client’s sites in London.
- You will be working alongside a team of multi-skilled engineers, and will be required to complete all works to a high standard within agreed timescales.
- In this role, you will also be required to liaise with clients and other contractors on site, so excellent communication skills are essential.
- Other duties will include attending site meetings, ordering materials as required and completing all relevant paperwork.
The Successful Applicant:
- The successful candidate will have previous experience working as a Plumbing Technician or similar role within Facilities Management/Maintenance.
- You must hold valid City & Guilds or NVQ qualifications in plumbing (or equivalent).
- A Gas Safe Certificate would also be beneficial but is not essential.
- Salary up to £34,000 per annum depending on experience + company van + fuel card + benefits package
Wow, after reading Service Plumber Job Description you know everything there is to know about being a service plumber! Service plumbers are an extremely important part of keeping our homes and businesses running smoothly. Without them, we would be up a creek without a paddle (figuratively speaking).
Thanks for taking the time to learn more about this vital profession. I hope you found this blog helpful. If not, or if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me directly. I’m always happy to chat and help where I can.