A statistician is a professional who uses their skills in mathematics and computer science to analyze data and solve problems. Statisticians are involved in all aspects of data collection, analysis, and interpretation. In this blog we have provided some of the proven Statistician Job Description ideas which will help you get on the right track.
They use their skills to design experiments, collect data, and develop new methods of data analysis. In addition, statisticians may also be involved in developing new statistical models or helping businesses and organizations to use existing models more effectively.
Statisticians typically need at least a bachelor’s degree in statistics or a related field, such as mathematics or computer science. However, some employers may prefer candidates with a master’s degree or higher. Statisticians usually need strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as experience using statistical software packages.
Responsibilities Of a Statistician
The responsibilities of a statistician vary depending on their employer but may includes some or all of the following:
- Designing experiments
- Collecting data
- Analyzing data
- Developing new methods of data analysis
- Helping businesses use existing models more effectively
- Developing new statistical models
Requirements Of a Statistician
- A bachelor’s degree in statistics or a related field is the minimum educational requirement for most entry-level positions as a statistician
- However, some employers prefer candidates with a master’s degree or higher
- In addition to education requirements, most statisticians need strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as experience using statistical software packages
Salary Median Annual Salary:
- $84,760 ($40.78/hour) Source: U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics] job outlook
- The job outlook for statisticians is good with an expected growth rate of 30 percent from 2019 to 2029.
- This growth rate is much faster than the average for all occupations.
- An increasing demand for predictive analytics and data mining will drive the need for more statisticians.
Statistician Job Description
We are a research-based pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes medicines in areas of high unmet medical need. Our company strives to transform the lives of patients through cutting-edge treatments.
The Statistician will be responsible for providing statistical support for clinical development projects from phase I through launch. This includes but is not limited to study design, analysis plans, randomization schemes, data management plans, tables, listings and figures as well as interpretation of results.
The Statistician will liaise with external vendors when appropriate. He/she will also contribute to departmental initiatives such as process improvements and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Provide statistical input into clinical development plans including sample size calculations and power analyses using standard methods or innovative approaches when necessary
- Develop analysis plans in collaboration with Biostatistics leadership
- Write specifications for derived datasets, tables, listings and figures (TLFs) according to CDISC standards
- Perform quality control checks of TLFs prior to final delivery ensuring accuracy of content and adherence to CDISC standards
- Collaborate with Data Management on development of data capture tools including edit check specifications and user acceptance testing
The Successful Applicant
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Statistics or Biostatistics; PhD preferred
- 3 years’ experience working as a statistician in the pharmaceutical industry supporting clinical trials
- Proficient in SAS programming; knowledge of R is considered an asset
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think strategically
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player who takes initiative, is proactive and able to work independently when needed
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Flexible attitude with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Competitive salary + bonus + benefits
Sports statistician job description
We are a global sports media and entertainment company with over 30 years in the industry. We are looking for a Sports Statistician to join our team! This role will be focused on providing statistical analysis for NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, and MLS games.
- Provide statistical analysis for NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, and MLS games
- Maintain database of statistics for all major league sports teams
- Update website with new statistics and information regularly
- Write articles on statistical trends in sports for the website
- Assist in the creation of new features on the website related to statistics
- Present findings to clients in a professional manner
The Successful Applicant:
- Must have a passion for sports and statistics!
- 5+ years of experience working as a statistician or similar role
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- This is a remote position with flexible hours.
- The salary is negotiable based on experience.
Assistant statistician job description
We are a global organization that provides statistical and data analysis software to a range of clients. We are looking for an Assistant Statistician to join our team on a permanent basis.
- The Assistant Statistician will be responsible for providing support to the Statistician in the development and maintenance of statistical models.
- They will also be responsible for assisting with the preparation of reports and presentations, as well as helping to develop new ways to visualize data.
- In addition, the Assistant Statistician will provide support in the use of statistical software packages and help to resolve any issues that arise during their use.
The Successful Applicant:
- The successful applicant will have experience working with statistical software packages and be able to demonstrate their skills in using them.
- They will also have excellent mathematical skills and be able to communicate complex ideas clearly.
- In addition, the successful applicant will be able to work independently and be proactive in finding solutions to problems.
- Salary up to £30,000 per annum DOE
Research statistician job description
We are a market leader in the field of medical research. As we are a highly respected company with an excellent reputation. We are looking for a Research Statistician to join our team.
- The Research Statistician will be responsible for the design and analysis of clinical trials.
- They will also be responsible for developing and implementing statistical methods.
- In addition, they will be required to liaise with other departments within the company in order to ensure that the research is of the highest quality possible.
The Successful Applicant:
- The successful candidate will have a Masters or PhD in Statistics.
- They will also have experience working as a Research Statistician in a similar role.
- In addition, they will have excellent communication skills and be able to work well within a team environment.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits package
- Flexible working hours
In conclusion, a statistician plays a crucial role in various industries by collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data to support decision-making processes. They use mathematical and statistical methods to gather and analyze data, draw conclusions, and provide insights. A statistician must have strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
If you’re interested in pursuing a career as a statistician, we encourage you to leave a comment below and visit our site for more job descriptions and career insights. Our goal is to provide you with the information you need to make informed career decisions. Stay up-to-date on the latest industry trends and job opportunities by subscribing to our blog and following us on social media.