Are you a big-picture thinker with a passion for planning and strategy? A career as a strategic planner may be the perfect fit for you! In this blog we have provided some of the best Strategic Planner Job Description samples which may help you.
A strategic planner is responsible for helping organizations achieve their long-term goals by developing and implementing effective strategies. This may include conducting market research, analyzing data, and identifying trends to inform decision making. The strategic planner also works closely with other departments within the organization to ensure that all actions align with the overall strategy.
Additionally, they are responsible for monitoring progress and making adjustments as needed to ensure that the organization stays on track to achieve its goals. It requires creativity, critical thinking and ability to communicate effectively. Overall this Strategic Planner Job Description offers the opportunity to play a key role in shaping the future of an organization.
Responsibilities of a Strategic Planner
The responsibilities of a strategic planner vary depending on the size and scope of the organization. However, there are some common duties that are typically associated with this position. These duties include:
- Developing strategies to achieve objectives
- Conducting market research
- analyzing data
- Identifying opportunities and threats
- Developing budgets
- Creating action plans
- Tracking progress
- Adjusting plans as needed
Requirements Of a Strategic Planner
- Strategic planners need to have strong analytical, research, and problem-solving skills.
- In addition, they must be able to effectively communicate their ideas to others.
- Most strategic planners have at least a bachelor’s degree in business, although some positions may require a master’s degree.
- Salary According to Payscale.com, the median salary for a strategic planner is $85,077 per year.
- Salaries range from $50,854 to $132,764 per year.
- Factors that can impact salary include experience, education, industry, and geographic location.
Strategic Planner Job Description
We are a top-tier management consulting firm. We work with the world’s leading organizations across a range of industries, including technology, retail, financial services, healthcare, and more. Our team of experienced consultants works closely with clients to help them solve their most complex business challenges.
- Serve as the main point of contact and liaison between clients and the rest of the internal team
- Empower customers to connect their goals and challenges with the solution in monday.com
- Take ownership of new accounts and manage their onboarding
- Lead online webinars, consultations, and one-on-one demos to educate customers on the features of our product
- Stay in touch with clients to ensure that they’re realizing the full potential of our software
- Build, own, and execute client success and engagement plans
- Lead cross-functional improvement initiatives and projects
- Represent voice of the customer and influence product development roadmap
- Partner Product team on cross sell and upsell opportunities
The Successful Applicant will have:
- 3+ years of experience in management consulting or a similar role at a strategic planning firm
- excellent writtenand verbal communication skills
- high energyand positive attitude
- ability totake initiativeand adapt
- prior experiencing strategy consulting preferred
- strong customerfacingand presentation skillswith the abilityto establish credibilitywith senior leadership
- BA or BS degree from a top university required Offers will be highly competitive for this role
- Fulltime role based in New York City or San Francisco with some travel(10%) required once it is safe to do so
- Competitive base salary +bonus + equity Eligibility for 401k + match
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical/dental/vision) 4 weeks’ PTO
- Unlimited sick days Pre tax commuter benefits $500 annual wellness stipend
Strategic planning manager job description
We are looking for a Strategic Planning Manager to join our team. This role will be responsible for leading the development and execution of the company’s strategic plan. The ideal candidate will have experience in developing and executing strategic plans, as well as experience in managing and developing teams.
- Develop and execute the company’s strategic plan
- Manage and develop a team of planners
- Monitor implementation of the strategic plan and make necessary adjustments
- Conduct regular reviews of the strategic plan with senior management
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make recommendations to senior management
- Keep abreast of industry trends and developments and make recommendations accordingly
- Perform other duties as assigned by senior management.
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of five years’ experience in developing and executing strategic plans
- A minimum of three years’ experience in managing and developing teams
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify opportunities for improvement
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while still being a team player.
- Base salary up to $120,000 per year DOE
- Bonus opportunity up to 20%
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.
Strategy and planning job description
This is a unique opportunity to join our company who are the leading provider of innovative and market-changing products. We have achieved year on year growth and show no signs of stopping as they continue to invest in Research & Development to bring new products to market.
With an already impressive product range, they are now looking to appoint a Head of Product Strategy & Planning who will be responsible for developing and delivering their short, medium and long term strategy
As the Head of Product Strategy & Planning, you will be responsible for developing and delivering the company’s short, medium and long term strategy whilst also ensuring that the products remain at the forefront of technology within their sector.
You will work closely with internal stakeholders such as Sales, Marketing, R&D etc. as well as external customers/suppliers in order to gain feedback which can be used when planning future product ranges.
- Analysing current trends within the marketplace in order to identify opportunities for new products/services
- Benchmarking competitor activity in order to ensure that our client remains ahead of the curve
- Conduct customer/market research (e.g focus groups) in order to generate insights which can inform decision making around future product development
- Work cross functionally with other departments such as Sales & Marketing in order ensure successful go-to-market strategies are implemented for new products/services
- Develop business cases for proposed new products/services which can be presented to senior management for sign off prior investment being made
The Successful Applicant:
- In order to be considered for this role, it is essential that you possess extensive experience working within a similar role where you have developed and delivered successful product strategies.
- Furthermore, it is also important that you have strong commercial acumen gained from working within a fast paced environment where decisions need to be made quickly whilst still maintaining attention to detail.
- Finally, it is also crucial that you demonstrate excellent leadership qualities as this role comes with direct line management responsibility for a team of Product Managers.
- £80-120k base + 20% bonus + benefits
Strategic planning officer job description
We are a market leader in our industry and have been experiencing continued growth year on year. As a result of this success, we are now looking to hire a Strategic Planning Officer to join our team in order to help support the business through providing comprehensive analysis and developing long term plans.
- Conducting comprehensive research and analysis in order to develop long term plans for the business
- Presenting findings and recommendations to senior management in order to influence decision making
- Working with different departments across the business in order to gain an understanding of their goals and objectives
- Monitoring progress against plans and making recommendations for changes where necessary
- Liaising with external parties such as suppliers, customers etc. in order to gather information that will inform planning
- Undertaking regular reviews of plans in line with changes within the organisation or external environment
- Managing projects from start to finish as required by the role
- Adhering to all company policies and procedures at all times.
The Successful Applicant:
- Will have previous experience working within a similar role
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent research, analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written with people at all levels
- Must be highly organized with the ability to manage own workload
- Must be able use own initiative whilst also being able follow instruction when required
- Salary up £50,000 per annum DOE
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Onsite parking Hours of work : Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
I hope you found this blog helpful in coming up with the perfect Strategic Planner Job Description sample for you. In conclusion, a strategic planner plays a crucial role in the success of a company by identifying and analyzing opportunities for growth and development.
They are responsible for creating and implementing plans to achieve specific goals and objectives, and their work requires a combination of analytical and creative thinking. To learn more about the responsibilities and qualifications of a strategic planner, visit our website for additional job descriptions and resources. We also welcome your comments and feedback on this post.