A technical director is responsible for the smooth execution of all technical aspects of a production. They work closely with the director and producers to ensure that the vision for the production is realized. Technical directors must have a strong understanding of all technical elements of theatre, including lighting, sound, set design, and props. In this blog we have provided some Technical Director Job Description Samples To help you get on the right track.
They must be able to problem-solve quickly and effectively in order to solve any issues that may arise during production. In addition, technical directors must be able to work well under pressure and maintain a positive attitude. A successful technical director is essential to any production. If you are interested in pursuing a career in theatre, consider becoming a technical director.
Technical Director Job Description
We are a market leading provider of software solutions. We provide a comprehensive suite of products that helps organizations increase efficiency and optimize performance. Our products are used by some of the largest companies in the world, and they have a strong commitment to customer success.
- The Technical Director will be responsible for leading a team of engineers and developers in the design, development, and implementation of our client’s software solutions.
- They will collaborate with other teams within the organization to ensure that the technical direction of the products aligns with business objectives.
- The Technical Director will also be responsible for mentoring and developing team members, as well as promoting a culture of excellence within the engineering organization.
- This is a highly technical role that requires deep knowledge of software development methodologies, tools, and best practices.
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in software engineering, with at least 5 years’ experience in a leadership role.
- Extensive experience with Agile methodology and tooling.
- Strong people management skills with the ability to mentor and develop team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leading company that offers competitive compensation packages including base salary, bonus potential, stock options, 401k match, and full health benefits coverage.
- There is also ample opportunity for career growth within the organization
Technical director job description engineering
We are a leading engineering design and manufacturing business. We supply to a range of industries including; Automotive, Aerospace, Marine and Rail. Our company are looking for a Technical Director to lead the engineering team at our site in the North West.
- Lead and direct all technical aspects of the business including; product development, design and process improvement.
- Develop short, medium and long term plans for the technical department in line with wider business strategy.
- Allocate resources across projects ensuring efficient use of time and materials.
- Be responsible for developing budgets for capital expenditure within the department.
- Ensure quality standards are met or exceeded throughout the product lifecycle from inception to delivery to customers.
- Manage customer facing technical teams providing support during pre and post sales processes as well as managing customer feedback/complaints relating to technical issues.
The Successful Applicant will have:
- Strong experience working as a Technical Director or similar role within an engineering environment.
- Proven people management skills with the ability to motivate and inspire teams to achieve results.
- Experience of successfully delivering multiple projects simultaneously whilst adhering to time, cost and quality constraints .
- Negotiable salary + benefits
Director of technical services job description
We are a market leader in the development and manufacturing of analytical instruments. As we are a global company with over 1,000 employees and our products are utilized by customers in over 100 countries. We are looking for a Director of Technical Services to lead and oversee all aspects of customer technical support for their North American customers.
This is a remote based role that can be located anywhere within the United States.
- The Director of Technical Services will be responsible for leading and overseeing all aspects of customer technical support for North American customers.
- This includes managing a team of field service engineers, application scientists, and telephone support personnel.
- The Director of Technical Services will be responsible for ensuring that customer needs are met in a timely and efficient manner, while also maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
- In addition, the Director will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to improve customer technical support services.
- The Director will also be responsible for managing budgets and ensuring that expenses are within budget guidelines.
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of 10 years experience in technical customer support or related field is required.
- A minimum of 5 years experience leading and managing a team is required.
- Experience working with analytical instrumentation is preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication skills are required as this position requires regular interaction with customers, sales staff, and other members of the organization.
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 401k match and medical/dental/vision insurance.
Theatre technical director job description
We are a highly respected and well-known London theatre. We are currently looking for a Technical Director to join our team on a permanent basis.
- The Technical Director will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the technical department, ensuring that all productions are delivered to the highest possible standard.
- They will liaise closely with the Production Manager and other members of the creative team to ensure that all elements of the production run smoothly and to schedule.
- The Technical Director will also be responsible for maintaining and developing relationships with suppliers, negotiating contracts and managing budgets.
The Successful Applicant:
- The successful candidate will have extensive experience working in theatre, ideally at West End level.
- They will have excellent organisational skills and be able to work well under pressure.
- The ability to problem solve and think on your feet is essential in this role.
- A good working knowledge of CAD software would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Salary up to £50,000 per annum depending on experience
- Permanent contract
- Full time hours
- Monday to Friday
I hope you found this blog helpful. It can be difficult to know where to start when looking for a job, but hopefully by providing a detailed look at what the job of Technical Director entails, you now have a better idea of what you want and how to go about getting it.
Keep in mind that job descriptions can vary from company to company, so don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you have any additional questions about the role of Technical Director or other jobs in the tech industry. We’d be happy to help! Finally, don’t forget to check out our website for more information on upcoming webinars and events. We hope to see you soon!