Are you curious about what it takes to be a successful Technical Program Manager? If you have a passion for technology and a knack for keeping projects on track, this role might just be for you! This Blog Includes some of the powerful Technical Program Manager Job Description ideas which will help you succeed in your career.
Technical Program Managers are the unsung heroes of the tech world, responsible for ensuring that projects are delivered on time, within budget, and to the satisfaction of stakeholders. They work closely with cross-functional teams, from engineers to business leaders, to ensure that everyone is aligned and working together towards a common goal.
With strong project management skills, attention to detail, and a strategic mindset, Technical Program Managers are essential to the success of any tech organization.
Duties and Responsibilities Of a Technical Program Manager
- Coordinate and execute technical projects from start to finish according to strict deadlines and within budget
- Work with team of engineers to ensure that all project goals are met
- Monitor project progress and make changes as needed to ensure successful completion
- Identify risks and issues associated with projects and develop mitigation plans
- Communicate project status to senior management and other stakeholders
- Prepare reports, presentations, and other documentation as needed
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures
Requirements Of a Technical Program Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field required
- 3-5 years of experience in a technical project management role required
- Strong understanding of engineering concepts and principles require
- Excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills required
- Ability to work independently with little supervision required .
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines required .
- PMP certification preferred but not required . Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required .
- Working knowledge of project management software (i.e. MS Project) preferred but not required .
- Some travel may be required (10-20%) Local candidates only, no relocation provided US Citizenship o
- Green Card Required
Technical Program Manager Job Description
We are the world’s leading provider of data and information management solutions. Our products and services enable organizations to make better decisions by providing them with the tools they need to collect, store, manage, protect, and analyze their data.
With over two decades of experience in the industry, our client has helped thousands of customers around the world to achieve their business goals.
- The Technical Program Manager will be responsible for managing a portfolio of projects and programs related to our client’s data and information management solutions.
- He/she will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure successful delivery of our client’s products and services to their customers.
- The Technical Program Manager will also be responsible for developing and maintaining project plans, schedules, budgets, and reports.
- In addition, he/she will be required to provide status updates to senior management on a regular basis.
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of five years’ experience in program or project management is required for this role.
- Experience in the data or information management industry is preferred but not required.
- The ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical individuals is essential.
- Strong organizational skills are also required.
- Salary range: $120k 150k per year
- Location: Remote
TPM job description
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager (TPM) to join our team and help us continue to deliver great software products to our clients. You will be working with a team of engineers, designers, and product managers in a fast-paced environment. We value collaboration, continuous learning, and making things that people love.
- Work with engineering, design, and product management teams to plan and execute projects
- Write detailed specifications for features and functionality
- Create project timelines and track progress against them
- Identify risks and dependencies early on in the process
- Help prioritize work based on business impact
- Communicate status updates to stakeholders regularly
The Successful Applicant:
- 3+ years of experience in project management
- Experience working in agile development environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and adapt
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.
Technical project manager description
We are a cutting-edge, rapidly growing startup that provides an AI-powered platform to help ecommerce companies increase sales and conversion rates. We are a venture-backed company with a strong team of engineers, data scientists, and marketers.
The Technical Project Manager will be responsible for managing the implementation of our software for new clients. This will involve working closely with our engineering, product, sales, and success teams. The ideal candidate will have experience managing technical projects, be highly organized and detail oriented, and have excellent communication skills.
- Manage the implementation of our software for new clients from start to finish
- Work closely with our engineering team to ensure that all technical aspects of the project are on track
- Serve as the main point of contact for the client during the project implementation process
- Coordinate between different teams (engineering, product, sales, success) to ensure smooth communication and execution
- Keep track of project timeline and milestones and proactively identify potential risks or delays
- Be highly organized and detail oriented
- Have excellent communication skills
The Successful Applicant:
- 3+ years experience in technical project management
- Experience managing software implementations preferred
- This is a full time role based in San Francisco. Compensation includes salary + equity.
Senior technical program manager job description
We are a leading provider of innovative software solutions. We are looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to join our team. This is a great opportunity to work with a cutting-edge company that is making a difference in the software industry.
- The Senior Technical Program Manager will be responsible for managing and executing technical programs.
- They will work closely with engineering, product, and other cross-functional teams to deliver features and products on schedule.
- The Senior Technical Program Manager will also be responsible for ensuring quality and customer satisfaction by working with various stakeholders throughout the product development process.
- Other responsibilities include developing project plans, tracking progress, and providing status reports to senior management.
The Successful Applicant:
- The ideal candidate for this position will have 5+ years of experience in program or project management within the software industry.
- They should have experience working with Agile methodology and tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
- The candidate should also have excellent communication skills and be able to juggle multiple priorities at once.
- This is a full-time, permanent position that can be based in either our Toronto or Vancouver office.
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including stock options
In conclusion, a Technical Program Manager (TPM) plays a crucial role in ensuring the successful delivery of complex technical projects. From leading cross-functional teams to managing budgets and schedules, TPMs need a diverse set of skills to excel in their role. With the ever-increasing demand for technology in the modern world, the role of a TPM is becoming increasingly important.
We hope this blog post has given you a better understanding of the Technical Program Manager job description. We would love to hear your thoughts and experiences, so feel free to leave a comment below. If you’re looking for more job descriptions, be sure to visit our website for a comprehensive collection.