As a tire technician, you will be responsible for the installation, repair, and maintenance of tires. You will work with a variety of tools to perform your job, and it is important that you have a strong understanding of how to use each one safely. In this Blog we have given some Tire Technician Job Description examples to help you.
You will also need to be able to identify different types of tires and know when they need to be replaced. In addition, you will be responsible for keeping the work area clean and organized. As a tire technician, you will play an important role in keeping vehicles safe and reliable. If you are detail-oriented and have a passion for working with your hands, then this may be the job for you!
Tire Technician Job Description
We are a market leader in the automotive industry, with a long-standing reputation for quality and innovation. We are looking for an experienced Tire Technician to join our team.
The Tire Technician will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Inspecting tires for wear and damage
- Replacing tires as necessary
- Balancing and rotating tires
- Repairing damaged tires
- Maintaining tire inventory
- Operating tire changing equipment safely and efficiently
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Tire Technician or related role
- Ability to operate tire changing equipment safely and efficiently
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Valid driver’s license.
- This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading company in the automotive industry.
- The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package
Tire and lube technician job description
We are well-known and respected dealership in the area that has been in business for many years. We are looking for an experienced Tire and Lube Technician to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a reputable company with a great benefits package.
The Tire and Lube Technician will be responsible for the following:
- Performing scheduled maintenance services such as oil changes, tire rotations, etc.
- Inspecting vehicles for mechanical issues and performing basic repairs/maintenance as needed.
- Assist with diagnosing more complex problems and advising customers on repair options/costs.
- Maintaining cleanliness of work area and equipment.
- Adhering to all safety policies and procedures.
- 2+ years of experience working as a Tire and Lube Technician preferred but not required.
- Ability to perform basic repairs/maintenance on vehicles.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
Commercial tire technician job description
Our company is a leading provider of on-site commercial tire services in North America. We have over 50 years of experience in the industry and operate in over 500 locations across the United States and Canada. We offer a wide range of services, including tire repair, tire replacement, and fleet maintenance.
- The Commercial Tire Technician will be responsible for providing on-site service to customers in need of commercial tires.
- This includes but is not limited to: mounting, dismounting, balancing, and repairing tires.
- The Commercial Tire Technician will also be responsible for conducting safety inspections of vehicles and performing basic maintenance tasks as needed.
- This is a physical job that requires lifting heavy objects, so the ideal candidate will be strong and physically fit.
- TheCommercial Tire Technicianwill need to be able to work independently with little supervision.
- This position requires excellent customer service skills as the technician will be dealing directly with customers on a daily basis.
The Successful Applicant:
- Must have 2+ years of experience working as a commercial tire technician
- Must be strong and physically fit
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Competitive salary + benefits package
Discount tire technician job description
We are the world’s largest tire and wheel retailer. Discount Tire has over 1,000 stores across the U.S. and offers a wide range of tires, wheels, and related services.
- As a Discount Tire Technician you will be responsible for providing exemplary customer service while performing maintenance and repairs on customers’ vehicles.
- You will also be responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work environment in accordance with Discount Tire standards.
- Other duties may include but are not limited to the following: mounting and dismounting tires, balancing tires, installing tires and wheels, repairing flats, rotating tires, etc.
The Successful Applicant:
- The successful candidate will have a strong commitment to customer service and satisfaction.
- He or she must be able to work independently with little supervision as well as part of a team.
- The ideal candidate will also possess excellent communication skills (oral and written), basic math skills, computer literacy, and interpersonal skills.
- This position offers competitive pay based on experience plus commission/bonus potential!
- We offer paid vacation time after 6 months of employment as well as company discounts on products and services!
I hope you found this blog helpful in understanding the duties and responsibilities of a tire technician. It takes someone who is mechanically inclined, good with people, and has attention to detail to be successful in this field. If you are interested in becoming a tire technician or have any questions about the job, please leave a comment below and I will do my best to answer them.